***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

As a Dolphins fan, how would you feel about Todd Gurley?

I read a bit about Gurley's floor in the draft being Miami's spot since his medical record have become less of a concern. Pre-injury I was high on Gurley's stock, he's a talented dude. I'd be pleased if my Chargers picked him at #17.

RE: The OL class, I think there are several decent prospects. Scherff will likely be gone by that spot, but La'el Collins is a pretty good prospect, he has that mean streak that teams covet, will be a decent OG with the possibility of playing tackle too. Ereck Flowers is a good prospect too, Andrus Peat might work out good too.

Gurley would've been top 10 a decade ago and is a very potent runner. But with a huge five alarm need of a big catch radius #1 WR as spots 2-4 are great, only way he'd be an option is if 4 WR's get drafted ahead or we somehow acquired multiple picks in the first round. Lamar Miller's done well and the team might get better value during training camp cuts/elsewhere. I think Gurley would be a perfect fit for the Chargers provided he's injury free and back to full playing level.

Don't get me wrong, there are good OL prospects, guys who can be solid and maybe make a few Pro Bowls here and there. Collins would be a good add at OG but again, I'd only be satisfied if the big 3 WR's are off the board and we didn't have a choice.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
This is a very shallow draft. Outside of say 8 to 10 prospects, I don't see elite talent. Though mock drafts tend to be poor predictors, this year's draft will be even less predictable than in years past (in my opinion).

I agree, I even read an article that there were only 5 can't miss players in the draft. Luckily one is Kevin White who most mocks have going to the Bears at 7. I hope they then use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on Bryce Petty, I think he will end up being the best QB from this class.

It's definitely not as deep as last year's (which is by far the deepest in recent memory), but depending on position there are a lot of very good players in this year's draft. The RB group is as good as we've had in years with 2 legit first rounders, WR is deep as usual with 3 very good prospects, and there are a very strong group of edge rushers this year too.

With regards to best QB- for me it's Winston hands down. Has the college tape and production, proved himself as a winner and has an NFL quality arm. Personally I don't see much in Petty, he didn't play in an NFL ready system in college, I don't tend to trust spread QBs very often.

I think it's hard to evaluate elite talent in a draft, when you look at any draft do you really see 10+ "can't miss" elite prospects? You have your collection of blue chip players, then good players with potential after.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

I read a bit about Gurley's floor in the draft being Miami's spot since his medical record have become less of a concern. Pre-injury I was high on Gurley's stock, he's a talented dude. I'd be pleased if my Chargers picked him at #17.

RE: The OL class, I think there are several decent prospects. Scherff will likely be gone by that spot, but La'el Collins is a pretty good prospect, he has that mean streak that teams covet, will be a decent OG with the possibility of playing tackle too. Ereck Flowers is a good prospect too, Andrus Peat might work out good too.

Gurley would've been top 10 a decade ago and is a very potent runner. But with a huge five alarm need of a big catch radius #1 WR as spots 2-4 are great, only way he'd be an option is if 4 WR's get drafted ahead or we somehow acquired multiple picks in the first round. Lamar Miller's done well and the team might get better value during training camp cuts/elsewhere. I think Gurley would be a perfect fit for the Chargers provided he's injury free and back to full playing level.

Don't get me wrong, there are good OL prospects, guys who can be solid and maybe make a few Pro Bowls here and there. Collins would be a good add at OG but again, I'd only be satisfied if the big 3 WR's are off the board and we didn't have a choice.

Would love to grab Duke Johnson from UM in one of the latter rounds to pair with Lamar in the backfield. I've been impressed with Miller's improvement, but I don't think he's built to be a 25-30 carries per game kind of guy. And although he's gradually gotten better at running between the tackles, he's far more effective when finding the sidleines. We've tried and failed with guys like D.Thomas as secondary "power" backs, so it would be nice to get a second set of wheels in there (someone that can stick around of course).
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

Would love to grab Duke Johnson from UM in one of the latter rounds to pair with Lamar in the backfield. I've been impressed with Miller's improvement, but I don't think he's built to be a 25-30 carries per game kind of guy. And although he's gradually gotten better at running between the tackles, he's far more effective when finding the sidleines. We've tried and failed with guys like D.Thomas as secondary "power" backs, so it would be nice to get a second set of wheels in there (someone that can stick around of course).

Duke should go in the 2nd or 3rd. He has phenomenal vision and is an underrated pass catching threat out of the backfield or split wide. He lost a step in his breakaway speed as he bulked up, but his vision and elusiveness are elite.

Duke isn't a big guy, so he can't handle 25-30 touches either. He'll have to split time in a RB committee. The problem I see is that neither is an inside the tackles runner. Duke is willing to fight up the middle, but he's just not big enough to drive through bigger defensive fronts. When he goes up the middle, he makes people miss.

Duke is kind of like a much better version of Miller.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
This is a very shallow draft. Outside of say 8 to 10 prospects, I don't see elite talent. Though mock drafts tend to be poor predictors, this year's draft will be even less predictable than in years past (in my opinion).

I agree, I even read an article that there were only 5 can't miss players in the draft. Luckily one is Kevin White who most mocks have going to the Bears at 7. I hope they then use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on Bryce Petty, I think he will end up being the best QB from this class.

It's definitely not as deep as last year's (which is by far the deepest in recent memory), but depending on position there are a lot of very good players in this year's draft. The RB group is as good as we've had in years with 2 legit first rounders, WR is deep as usual with 3 very good prospects, and there are a very strong group of edge rushers this year too.

With regards to best QB- for me it's Winston hands down. Has the college tape and production, proved himself as a winner and has an NFL quality arm. Personally I don't see much in Petty, he didn't play in an NFL ready system in college, I don't tend to trust spread QBs very often.

I think it's hard to evaluate elite talent in a draft, when you look at any draft do you really see 10+ "can't miss" elite prospects? You have your collection of blue chip players, then good players with potential after.

I think VLF was referring to QBs past the first two (Winston & Mariota). I like Petty too but he needs at least two full seasons on the bench before he sees serious playing time due to:

1. Baylor system ("one read" offense)
2. Rough throwing mechanics
3. Pocket sense (what to do under pressure & sense of pressure)

If you clean up the mechanics you'll see more consistent velocity on his throws and much better accuracy. The jury is out on the sensing the pressure, he doesn't shy from pressure (very important attribute) but I'm not sure he senses it either. I wouldn't take him until Day 3, possibly the fifth or sixth round, and outside of Winston, Mariota and Garrett Grayson, I don't feel there's a QB worth drafting.

Winston is clearly the best QB prospect. My concerns:

1. Dedication to the craft. If he's immature and prone to distraction, those gifts will go to waste. You can thrive on natural gifts in college, but in the pros you need talent plus dedication to succeed as a QB.

2. Pocket sense. Not the same problem as Petty, but Winston worked behind an absolutely outstanding if not domineering OL in college. He's about to go to one of the worst OLs in the pros. He's going need to keep presence of mind and confidence which won't be easy given the short read times and inevitable pounding. Let's hope TB lets him develop rather than throw him into the fire.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

My wild guess is that the Patriots will trade down with their first round pick, unless Marcus Peters or possibly Kevin Johnson falls through to them. Of course they could also select a falling blue chip, but there are so few in this draft that I doubt one will fall to 32.

They have a need for a OG but decent OGs needn't be selected in the first round. In addition to OGs, most mocks have them looking at DT, most notably Eddie Goldman. I'm not sure Eddie Goldman will be there, not to mention that I'm still not convinced that Eddie Goldman is what the Patriots want out of a first round DT.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Moses wrote:

Duke should go in the 2nd or 3rd. He has phenomenal vision and is an underrated pass catching threat out of the backfield or split wide. He lost a step in his breakaway speed as he bulked up, but his vision and elusiveness are elite.

Duke isn't a big guy, so he can't handle 25-30 touches either. He'll have to split time in a RB committee. The problem I see is that neither is an inside the tackles runner. Duke is willing to fight up the middle, but he's just not big enough to drive through bigger defensive fronts. When he goes up the middle, he makes people miss.

Duke is kind of like a much better version of Miller.

I also like Melvin Gordon, but he'll likely go in rds 2-3.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
My wild guess is that the Patriots will trade down with their first round pick, unless Marcus Peters or possibly Kevin Johnson falls through to them. Of course they could also select a falling blue chip, but there are so few in this draft that I doubt one will fall to 32.

They have a need for a OG but decent OGs needn't be selected in the first round. In addition to OGs, most mocks have them looking at DT, most notably Eddie Goldman. I'm not sure Eddie Goldman will be there, not to mention that I'm still not convinced that Eddie Goldman is what the Patriots want out of a first round DT.

Goldman was a bit of a disappointment in college. Although he's stout at the line of scrimmage and controls the gaps well, he didn't penetrate and get to the QB like I thought he would.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Goldman was a bit of a disappointment in college. Although he's stout at the line of scrimmage and controls the gaps well, he didn't penetrate and get to the QB like I thought he would.

Exactly my thought, Tark. He's a two down player and the Patriots prefer three down players in the draft. This draft is deep in terms of potential starting DTs, but none of the DTs look like potentially elite players. Hell, I don't get the excitement over Danny Shelton who is almost unanimously projected to be the best DT in this draft class. Good motor, run stuffer, plays like the old, post Achilles injury version of Vince Wilfork. There are guys like him available in the late-middle to late first round of just about every draft.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Exactly my thought, Tark. He's a two down player and the Patriots prefer three down players in the draft. This draft is deep in terms of potential starting DTs, but none of the DTs look like potentially elite players. Hell, I don't get the excitement over Danny Shelton who is almost unanimously projected to be the best DT in this draft class. Good motor, run stuffer, plays like the old, post Achilles injury version of Vince Wilfork. There are guys like him available in the late-middle to late first round of just about every draft.

I think a lot of the 2nd/3rd round DT grade out pretty close. I'd look at Michael Bennett, Grady Jarrett, and Jordan Phillips depending on need. Bennett is probably the best pass rusher of the three but he's on the small side. Phillips has the most upside, but the back is a concern. Jarrett just consistently produces, but he lacks height. I'd definitely look at Goldman in the 2nd, but I don't like him as much in the first.

The Pats can also use a CB. With a later round pick, I like Ladarius Gunter. Not elite in any way, but he's a big corner that needs coaching polish.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I think a lot of the 2nd/3rd round DT grade out pretty close. I'd look at Michael Bennett, Grady Jarrett, and Jordan Phillips depending on need. Bennett is probably the best pass rusher of the three but he's on the small side. Phillips has the most upside, but the back is a concern. Jarrett just consistently produces, but he lacks height. I'd definitely look at Goldman in the 2nd, but I don't like him as much in the first.

The Pats can also use a CB. With a later round pick, I like Ladarius Gunter. Not elite in any way, but he's a big corner that needs coaching polish.

Yeah, I think the Patriots greatest need is at DT and CB which could (never say should with Belichick as he's full of contingency plans) in the first two rounds, followed by OG. Secondary concerns (upcoming free agency losses) include WR, OT and maybe a Mike. Oh, and a RB who can route great routes, has soft hands and knows what to do when it comes to pass protection.

Greatest potential shocker would be New England picking up Shaq Thompson who doesn't fit the prototypical SS or Will profiles. I could see Belichick doing it though if he thinks he can adapt a Seattle-like scheme and use Shaq in a Kam Chancellor role. Belichick and Carroll talk shop during the offseason, and the former loves to borrow concepts from his peers.

I wouldn't touch Jordan Phillips in rounds 1-3. The back is questionable and he wore down as the season progressed, which calls into question his endurance, motor or health (back?). His combine needed to be good in order to support his reputed athleticism and agility. It didn't. Right now he's listed as a potential first rounder due to his frame and vestigial reputation. He has the greatest upside, but there are too many red flags. NE has two picks at the end of the 3rd round. That is when they should consider taking Jordan Phillips, at the earliest.

I do like both Michael Bennett and Grady Jarrett, and in my perfect world NE would grab either Marcus Peters (if BB thinks he's coachable) or Kevin Johnson should either drop in the first round, followed by either Bennett or Jarrett in the second round. If neither CB is there, I'd like to see the pick traded away. This draft has talent in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

To me CB is the most difficult position to evaluate when you're just a fan. You're looking at tape that captures a few highlights, but you cannot always discern the defensive coverage scheme AND many times the camera is away from the play until the closing second or two. Peters and Johnson look like legit prospects for a CB1, the rest look like CB2s (at best). I'm not feeling it for Tray Waynes and I'm on the fence with Byron Jones.

Ladarius Gunter intrigues me and he did well during the Senior Bowl. What kept the Patriots in the game during the SB was reassigning Browner to Chris Matthews, who was previously covered by the much smaller Arrington. Now that Browner is gone there's a need for a bigger CB. Gunter might be a nice pick.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

Dion Jordan suspended for the season. Thanks again Jeff Ireland, you (bleep) moron.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

And if you thought all the last-minute drug test failures were creepy, we now have this breaking story:

Quote:
Although police say he is not a suspect, a former LSU football player who is considered a first round pick in this week's NFL draft is being contacted by detectives about a pregnant woman who was murdered in Baton Rouge.

Cpl. Don Coppola with the Baton Rouge Police Department explains that investigators are working to arrange an interview with 21-year-old La'el Collins regarding the death of 29-year-old Brittney Mills.

"We are consistently pursuing getting in touch with him, not as a suspect, but to ask him questions about the victim," Cpl. Coppola said. "Detectives have reached out and been in touch with his agent. Collins is currently in Chicago for the NFL draft."

Although police could not elaborate on the exact nature of the former relationship between Collins and Mills, they do believe the two were at one time romantically linked.

"They did have some kind of relationship," he said. "Detectives just want to learn more about what he might know."

Mills, who was 8-months pregnant, was shot and killed last Friday at her home located in the 200 block of Ship Drive. It happened shortly after 10:30 p.m.

Police said their preliminary investigation indicates Mills may have simply opened the door and was shot. Police say they do not have any suspects in the case.

The baby remains under medical care. Investigators say they do not yet know who the father of the child is.

http://www.wafb.com/story/28920617/police-to-interview-potential-first-round-draft-pick-about-murdered-pregnant-woman
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Agree, this is a great year to find an edge rusher. There are probably 4-5 who will step in and be top 15 in the league already. And AP is correct, I should have specified Petty would be the best after the top two. With his arm strength if he had a little more mobility, you could design a good offense around him.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sports-nfl/20150428/Jets-Tampering/

Quote:
AP Source: Jets fined $100K by NFL for tampering
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Woody Johnson made one costly comment for the New York Jets.

The NFL is fining the team $100,000 for tampering because of the owner's comments in December about Darrelle Revis, then a member of the New England Patriots, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The Jets will not lose any draft picks as a result of the fine, according to the person who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday because neither the team nor the league announced the sanctions. The New York Daily News was the first to report the NFL's decision.

The Patriots filed a tampering charge against the Jets after Johnson said he'd ''love to have Darrelle back'' when asked if there could be a possible reunion during the offseason. Revis, who spent his first six seasons with New York, helped the Patriots win the Super Bowl in February. The star cornerback re-signed with the Jets as a free agent a month later.

After Revis returned to the Jets on a five-year, $70 million contract, Patriots owner Robert Kraft commented that he wished the cornerback ''was still with us.'' New York then filed a tampering charge against New England - since Revis was then a member of the Jets - but the Patriots will not face any punishment from the league, according to the person with knowledge of the situation.

''I really don't have any comment on it,'' Revis said before voluntary minicamp practice. ''I know my name was involved in the tampering situations, but it's not in my control.''

Revis rejoined his former New England teammates last Thursday, when the Patriots visited President Barack Obama as Super Bowl champions at the White House. Jets running back Stevan Ridley, another former member of the Patriots, also attended the ceremony.

''It was awesome,'' Revis said. ''I got to take a lot of pictures, got to see the president. Cool guy. It was a great experience.''

Revis didn't feel at all awkward being with the Patriots for one final time despite being a member of the AFC East-rival Jets.

''No, it wasn't weird,'' he said. ''I knew a lot of those guys even before I went to New England. We have a special bond, and it's something we'll never forget as a team.''
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Moses wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Agree, this is a great year to find an edge rusher. There are probably 4-5 who will step in and be top 15 in the league already. And AP is correct, I should have specified Petty would be the best after the top two. With his arm strength if he had a little more mobility, you could design a good offense around him.

Dane Brugler tweet:
Sounds like QB Bryce Petty is firmly in the early 2nd round mix. So it shouldn't be a shock if he goes late 1st. Team wanting 5th yr option

I like Petty, and I understand the desire for the fifth year as it will take time to develop him, but this is badly overdrafting Petty. I guess this is to be expected within a very weak QB draft class.

Not that I should complain. The Patriots might now be in position to move down to the second and pick up another quality pick, or swap it for another team's first rounder in 2016 coupled with a late pick this season.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject:

Draft Day (finally)

Mayock (perhaps the best analyst) Mock Draft:

1 TB Jameis Winston QB
2 TEN Marcus Mariota QB
3 JAC Dante Fowler OLB
4 OAK Amari Cooper WR
5 WAS Leonard Williams DE
6 NYJ Kevin White WR
7 CHI Trae Waynes CB
8 ATL Bud Dupree OLB
9 NYG Brandon Scherff OG
10 STL Ereck Flowers OG
11 MIN DeVante Parker WR
12 CLE Danny Shelton NT
13 NO Vic Beasley OLB
14 MIA Kevin Johnson CB
15 SF Arik Armstead DT
16 HOU Breshad Perriman WR
17 SD Todd Gurley RB
18 KC Cameron Erving C
19 CLE Melvin Gordon RB
20 PHI Damarious Randall FS
21 CIN Malcom Brown DT
22 PIT Byron Jones CB
23 DET Andrus Peat OT
24 ARI D.J. Humphries OT
25 CAR T.J. Clemmings OT
26 BAL Marcus Peters CB
27 DAL Landon Collins SS
28 DEN Jake Fisher OT
29 IND Cedric Ogbuehi OT
30 GB Denzel Perryman ILB
31 NO Dorial Green-Beckham WR
32 NE Randy Gregory OLB

Unsurprisingly, Winston is the first pick.

No La'el Collins in the first round. He needs clearance in the murder of his pregnant ex-girlfriend, and he still hasn't talked to police.

Shane Ray is off the board in the first round. He has a toe problem that might require surgery and was recently busted for marijuana.

The safeties both look like overdrafts, and the only two CBs that belong in the first are Kevin Johnson and Marcus Peters, though Peters could slip due to serious concerns regarding his coach-ability. The more I look at Byron Jones, the more I see a FS and not a CB.

I'd love Randy Gregory to slip to NE, but I would imagine that Seattle would snag him first. I see the logic though as Green-Beckham would be a really nice target for Wilson though there are serious questions regarding his character. He is a fringe first rounder though some team might fall in love with his size and take him earlier. I wouldn't mind NE bottom-feeding on Shane Ray, but only if his medical records check out regarding that foot.

I like Mayock's thinking in deferring Jordan Phillips and Eddie Goldman to the second round. I prefer both Michael Bennett and Grady Jarrett over those two at DT. Though Gregory has strength/weight/ganja issues, he has a seriously high ceiling if developed with a no nonsense locker room, and thus he should be taken over any of the aforementioned DTs by NE despite the positional need.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Dion Jordan suspended for the season. Thanks again Jeff Ireland, you (bleep) moron.

That was an Ireland special. Should just cut him. Dion Jordan = Andrew Bynum.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
rwongega wrote:

That was an Ireland special. Should just cut him. Dion Jordan = Andrew Bynum.

That's a diss on Bynum. At least Bynum produced for a time. Dion Jordan has given the Dolphins a total of 3 sacks in 2 years. We actually almost sent him to Philly to be reunited with Crazy Chip Kelly until this stupid suspension. And to think we traded up...

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Waiting to see Winston in his Buccaneers hat...Wasn't sold on him during the college season although I didn't see too much of him but all the coverage on him since then, I'm sold. With Evans and V-Jax to throw to and Doug in the backfield this offense has so much potential. Need to solidify the o-line though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Dane Brugler tweet:
Sounds like QB Bryce Petty is firmly in the early 2nd round mix. So it shouldn't be a shock if he goes late 1st. Team wanting 5th yr option

I like Petty, and I understand the desire for the fifth year as it will take time to develop him, but this is badly overdrafting Petty. I guess this is to be expected within a very weak QB draft class.

Not that I should complain. The Patriots might now be in position to move down to the second and pick up another quality pick, or swap it for another team's first rounder in 2016 coupled with a late pick this season.

Yeah, I was thinking 3rd round for Petty. Rumors are that the Bears are trying to move up to get Marioti.

I know the two QBs will be successful, but I would have a hard time passing on Leonard Williams. I think he will have a Lawrence Taylor-like impact.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Waiting to see Winston in his Buccaneers hat...Wasn't sold on him during the college season although I didn't see too much of him but all the coverage on him since then, I'm sold. With Evans and V-Jax to throw to and Doug in the backfield this offense has so much potential. Need to solidify the o-line though.

Just needs to avoid the local Publixs and the party scene.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Tampa Bay takes Winston. No doubt he is by far the most talented QB in the draft, his arm strength is significantly better than Mariota.

That said, it is a huge risk. I think he is going to surprise people and actually not get in a lot of trouble off the field and play well on the field although I am not sure QB was really Tampa Bay's biggest problem as I actually like Mike Glennon.

But Winston will sell seats and provide excitement to a franchise that needs it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

If the Jets don't take Williams I hope my Bears do.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Jets are getting a gift.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 5 of 106
Jump to: