Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

You mean NFC, Arizona isn't in the AFC
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Cardinals salvaged the game despite a couple of costly turnovers.

2 straight fumbles would normally kill a team. But Russell Wilson completed 43.8% of his passes and a normally strong secondary was chewed to pieces by better receivers.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
You mean NFC, Arizona isn't in the AFC

But it starts with A. Yeah, meant NFC. You would think I would remember that, I grew up with them as the St. Louis Cardinals.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

Lol @ Cam trolling the Titans.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:52 am    Post subject:

Current playoff picture:
AFC
1. Patriots (9-0)
2. Bengals (8-0)* playing tonight
3. Broncos (7-2)
4. Colts (4-5)
5. Steelers (6-4)
6. Bills (5-4)

NFC
1. Panthers (9-0)
2. Cardinals (7-2)
3. Vikings (7-2)
4. Giants (5-5)
5. Packers (6-3)
6. Falcons (6-3)

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject:

Impressive win for the Vikes yesterday, puts them top of the NFC North.

The whole issue of playoff seeding bothers me a little, the fact that weak divisions still send their champs to the playoffs kinda sucks (which I guess you could say is the case for NBA too).

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

Peyton suffering from plantar fasciitis, rib and other nagging injuries. He'll make it through the year but I think this is his swan song.

11/15 vs Chiefs

CMP % 25.0
YDS 35
TD 0
INT 4
RATING 0.0

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Peyton suffering from plantar fasciitis, rib and other nagging injuries. He'll make it through the year but I think this is his swan song.

11/15 vs Chiefs

CMP % 25.0
YDS 35
TD 0
INT 4
RATING 0.0

plantar fasciitis is not very nice at all. I've had this a few times, playing sports with it is horrible, and sometimes just flat out not able to happen.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Couldn't find the NFL to LA thread (if one exists) but some good news on that front:

LINK

Sounds just like the kinda guy that could finally close the deal.

Quote:
One of the most respected leaders in corporate America, Iger has engineered a series of strategic moves and bold acquisitions that have made Disney the envy of the entertainment world. Iger spearheaded the acquisition of beloved film brands, including Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Entertainment. Next month, Disney could obliterate box-office records when it releases "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" from Lucasfilm.

Since Iger took over Disney 10 years ago, the company's stock has soared more than 380%. His employment contract ends in June 2018, and he's not expected to seek an extension.

Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Being from Chattanooga, Tennessee and a Peyton fan. He owns a house and a gym 5mins away from me

This year is rough being a Kobe and Peyton fan

Both is probably their last year. 2 HOFers playing like this

ugh

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
jodeke wrote:

11/15 vs Chiefs

CMP % 25.0
YDS 35
TD 0
INT 4
RATING 0.0

plantar fasciitis is not very nice at all. I've had this a few times, playing sports with it is horrible, and sometimes just flat out not able to happen.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

KobeMania wrote:
Being from Chattanooga, Tennessee and a Peyton fan. He owns a house and a gym 5mins away from me

ugh

Interesting I didn't know he owned a gym there but I shouldn't be too surprised. His wife is from there and owns part of the Grizzlies.

And word on the rest At least Peyton plays on a good team though so really I think rest may actually help him his best game was against the Packers after the bye week.

He's not going to play vs the Bears but I think the Bears were going to win this one anyways. Culter has been playing well surprisingly.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Awful

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/patriots-ot-solder-reveals-his-son-is-battling-cancer/

Quote:
Patriots OT Solder reveals his son is battling cancer

Patriots offensive tackle announced Monday night that his infant son, Hudson, is battling kidney cancer.

Nate Solder was speaking at a fundraiser when he revealed that Hudson has undergone some chemotherapy treatments to fight a tumor that was diagnosed last month, Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reported.

Nate Solder announced last spring that he’d played the 2014 season with testicular cancer. Solder often tweets about that cause and his son on his verified Twitter account.

Solder, 27, is in his fifth season with the Patriots. He was the No. 17 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

This isn't an improvement I can't believe the Colts couldn't do much offensively with these fools....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/rob-ryan-is-out-dennis-allen-is-in/

Quote:
Rob Ryan is out, Dennis Allen is in

As expected (although it took a little while), Rob Ryan is out as defensive coordinator of the Saints.

Per multiple reports, the Saints have fired Ryan, and that they have promoted former Raiders coach Dennis Allen into the position.

The defense got a much needed boost in 2013, Ryan’s first with the team. Since then, however, the unit has disintegrated, giving up Arena League-type points in recent weeks. The low-water mark came in Washington on Sunday, when the Saints gave up 47 points to Washington, and made Kirk Cousins look like Sammy Baugh.

Although it can be argued that Ryan simply didn’t have the personnel to be effective, firing Ryan was the easiest way to shake things up during the bye week. The next question is whether more sweeping changes will come after the season, in the front office, the coaching staff, and on the field.

Three straight wins following a 1-4 start quieted speculation that coach Sean Payton and/or quarterback Drew Brees could leave after this season. Since then, a pair of losses has rekindled the sense that the Saints are overmatched — and also have renewed the chatter that big things could be happening when the season ends.

As to Ryan, it’ll be interesting to see whether he finishes the year as a consultant for his fraternal twin brother who also coaches the Bills. If nothing else, they could consume plenty of beer and wings in Buffalo.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Stupid Bungles couldn't beat the Texans even the Colts could do that
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

And being that the AFC South is the worst division in the NFL, the Texans are still in the playoff hunt. Pretty pathetic that even at 2-7, teams still have a chance to make the playoffs in the AFC South and NFC East.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
KobeMania wrote:

ugh

Interesting I didn't know he owned a gym there but I shouldn't be too surprised. His wife is from there and owns part of the Grizzlies.

And word on the rest At least Peyton plays on a good team though so really I think rest may actually help him his best game was against the Packers after the bye week.

Here you go. ESPN did a 30 for 30 thing with Peyton and Chattanooga being the main narrator

He was in town for the weekend with his wife and kids like 3 times between Broncos training camp lol

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The NFL has lowered the hammer on Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith.

Smith is suspended for one year, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/17/nfl-suspends-aldon-smith-for-one-year/
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I saw that I just didn't know about the gym part mostly(Manning)

With Aldon Smith I'm surprised and not surprised all at the same time. Seeing as how he's been on his best behavior recently.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/17/giants-bringing-back-hakeem-nicks-to-fill-victor-cruzs-spot/

Quote:
Giants bringing back Hakeem Nicks, to fill Victor Cruz’s spot

The Giants are going to fill Victor Cruz’s roster spot with a familiar, if not recently productive, face.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports and confirmed by PFT, the Giants are bringing back wide receiver Hakeem Nicks to fill the spot created by Cruz going on season-ending injured reserve.

Nicks has had some scattered workouts, but the 27-year-old hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere after his 38-catch season with the Colts last year.

That was supposed to be where he built up his stock after an injury plagued salary drive with the Giants, for whom he was last productive in 2011.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Jags v. Titans. Also known as Paint v. Evaporation. A game so bad they lightened security because even ISIS wouldn't want to come.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB

Last edited by rwongega on Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Eddie George tried to sell it but yeah...

Sadly as a Colts fan this does have implications for us.

This division is so bad...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

A few things:

1) I must've missed it because this is really the first I've heard of this

2) I never heard of a "crotch chop"(and really don't want an explanation)

3) I never liked Carson Palmer to begin with so eh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/20/nfl-fines-carson-palmer-11576-for-crotch-chop/

Quote:
NFL fines Carson Palmer $11,576 for crotch chop

Carson Palmer claims it was a message to his friends. If so, it was an expensive one.

According to the NFL, Palmer has been fined $11,576 for unsportsmanlike conduct, arising from his crotch-chop sideline celebration.

Even if it wasn’t taunting, the maneuver becomes unsportsmanlike conduct for its sexually-suggestive nature. It undoubtedly seems to be out of character for Palmer, but that doesn’t matter. He did it, and the NFL fined him for it.

And he certainly can afford it.

As the Cardinals prepare to play in a second straight Sunday game, the next question is whether he’ll do it again. You know, the way most people communicate with their friends.

If that’s indeed the way Palmer communicates with his friends, I’d hate to see how he communicates with his enemies.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I see a breakup in their future

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/olivia-munn-calls-out-espn-for-aaron-rodgers-speculation/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Quote:
Olivia Munn calls out ESPN for Aaron Rodgers speculation

I usually love the smell of ESPN vs. ESPN crime in the morning. Today, I’ll have to settle for ACN vs. ESPN.

In an effort to explain why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers suddenly is struggling, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com recently put together a list of five potential reasons for it.

The first four weren’t particularly controversial, or groundbreaking. Rodgers doesn’t have Jordy Nelson, teams are no longer jumping offside to give Rodgers free plays, coach Mike McCarthy isn’t calling the plays this season, and/or Rodgers may be injured. (Based on this week’s injury report, Rodgers is injured.)

The fifth one struck a nerve. Citing an unnamed agent who wonders when a client isn’t performing well whether “something is going on in his personal life,” Demovsky speculates as to whether Rodgers is having issues with his girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn.

“There’s no indication that Rodgers’ relationship status has changed. Lions reporters said they spotted Rodgers’ girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn, at Lambeau Field on Sunday,” Demovsky writes. “Sometimes it’s easy to forget that professional athletes have lives away from the field, and you never know what could be going on in their personal lives.”

Munn, who played a financial reporter for the fictional Atlantis Cable News in HBO’s The Newsroom, has responded to Demovsky’s article on Twitter.

“Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky,” Munn said. “Your professional skills are lacking… you must be having personal problems at home.”

Told by another Twitter user to not feed the trolls, Munn said, “The trolls can have their comments, it’s not them I’m calling out, it’s the journalists.”

On one hand, Rodgers is a public figure, who is engaging in a public and open relationship with another public figure. On the other hand, it’s a little much to look at Rodgers’ performance and say, “Gee, maybe he’s having problems with his actress girlfriend?” While hardly the worst of the speculation that has gurgled regarding Rodgers over the last two years (in December 2013, Rodgers went on the record to shoot down rumors regarding his sexuality), there’s a fundamental difference between questioning whether a guy is injured and wondering whether a guy is having relationship issues that are spilling over to the field.

Professional athletes have the same kind of personal issues as anyone else. In some cases, given the added stress of money and fame and not being home frequently, the personal issues are more intense. However, rarely if ever does anyone analyze a dip in a player’s performance by saying, “I wonder if he’s having problems at home.”

The fact that Demovsky felt compelled to add the views of an unnamed agent suggests that Demovsky realized he was treading on dangerous ground. Munn’s on-the-record reaction confirms it.

And now we’ll wait to see whether the column receives a post-publication “tighter edit.”
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

The Cardinals are a dangerous team, they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and a good coach who is hungry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 41 of 106
Jump to: