Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I see a breakup in their future

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/olivia-munn-calls-out-espn-for-aaron-rodgers-speculation/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Quote:
Olivia Munn calls out ESPN for Aaron Rodgers speculation

I usually love the smell of ESPN vs. ESPN crime in the morning. Today, I’ll have to settle for ACN vs. ESPN.

In an effort to explain why Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers suddenly is struggling, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com recently put together a list of five potential reasons for it.

The first four weren’t particularly controversial, or groundbreaking. Rodgers doesn’t have Jordy Nelson, teams are no longer jumping offside to give Rodgers free plays, coach Mike McCarthy isn’t calling the plays this season, and/or Rodgers may be injured. (Based on this week’s injury report, Rodgers is injured.)

The fifth one struck a nerve. Citing an unnamed agent who wonders when a client isn’t performing well whether “something is going on in his personal life,” Demovsky speculates as to whether Rodgers is having issues with his girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn.

“There’s no indication that Rodgers’ relationship status has changed. Lions reporters said they spotted Rodgers’ girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn, at Lambeau Field on Sunday,” Demovsky writes. “Sometimes it’s easy to forget that professional athletes have lives away from the field, and you never know what could be going on in their personal lives.”

Munn, who played a financial reporter for the fictional Atlantis Cable News in HBO’s The Newsroom, has responded to Demovsky’s article on Twitter.

“Playing it fast & loose w/the journalism @RobDemovsky,” Munn said. “Your professional skills are lacking… you must be having personal problems at home.”

Told by another Twitter user to not feed the trolls, Munn said, “The trolls can have their comments, it’s not them I’m calling out, it’s the journalists.”

On one hand, Rodgers is a public figure, who is engaging in a public and open relationship with another public figure. On the other hand, it’s a little much to look at Rodgers’ performance and say, “Gee, maybe he’s having problems with his actress girlfriend?” While hardly the worst of the speculation that has gurgled regarding Rodgers over the last two years (in December 2013, Rodgers went on the record to shoot down rumors regarding his sexuality), there’s a fundamental difference between questioning whether a guy is injured and wondering whether a guy is having relationship issues that are spilling over to the field.

Professional athletes have the same kind of personal issues as anyone else. In some cases, given the added stress of money and fame and not being home frequently, the personal issues are more intense. However, rarely if ever does anyone analyze a dip in a player’s performance by saying, “I wonder if he’s having problems at home.”

The fact that Demovsky felt compelled to add the views of an unnamed agent suggests that Demovsky realized he was treading on dangerous ground. Munn’s on-the-record reaction confirms it.

And now we’ll wait to see whether the column receives a post-publication “tighter edit.”

Anyone would want Olivia Munn as their girl.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

Yeah I have a response to that which might not be PC around here
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Cardinals are a dangerous team, they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and a good coach who is hungry.

They are but can Carson Palmer stay healthy though.

I could see them getting a #1/#2 seed and then get upset at home.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

While I don't care for Kaepernick he isn't the only problem with the 49ers either

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/21/colin-kaepernick-to-ir-ends-his-season-likely-time-with-49ers/

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick to IR, ends his season, likely time with 49ers

Colin Kaepernick will not play again this season. And may not ever again play for San Francisco.

The 49ers announced today that Kaepernick has been placed on season-ending injured reserve. That means Blaine Gabbert is the starter the rest of the way, and he’ll be backed up by Dylan Thompson, who was called up from the 49ers’ practice squad.

It’s a stunning end for Kaepernick, who just a couple years ago was widely regarded as not just a franchise quarterback but perhaps a player who could redefine the quarterback position in the NFL. This year he was so ineffective that the 49ers benched him, and now they’ve shut him down for the year.

The injury is to Kaepernick’s non-throwing shoulder and is not believed to be serious enough to prevent him from passing a physical next year. The 49ers are off the hook from having to pay Kaepernick anything beyond this season if they cut him, as long as he’s healthy enough to pass a physical.

One of the major offseason stories next year will be whether the 49ers can find a new franchise quarterback, and whether Kaepernick can find some team that can turn him into a star again.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
While I don't care for Kaepernick he isn't the only problem with the 49ers either

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/21/colin-kaepernick-to-ir-ends-his-season-likely-time-with-49ers/

Quote:
Colin Kaepernick to IR, ends his season, likely time with 49ers

Colin Kaepernick will not play again this season. And may not ever again play for San Francisco.

The 49ers announced today that Kaepernick has been placed on season-ending injured reserve. That means Blaine Gabbert is the starter the rest of the way, and he’ll be backed up by Dylan Thompson, who was called up from the 49ers’ practice squad.

It’s a stunning end for Kaepernick, who just a couple years ago was widely regarded as not just a franchise quarterback but perhaps a player who could redefine the quarterback position in the NFL. This year he was so ineffective that the 49ers benched him, and now they’ve shut him down for the year.

The injury is to Kaepernick’s non-throwing shoulder and is not believed to be serious enough to prevent him from passing a physical next year. The 49ers are off the hook from having to pay Kaepernick anything beyond this season if they cut him, as long as he’s healthy enough to pass a physical.

One of the major offseason stories next year will be whether the 49ers can find a new franchise quarterback, and whether Kaepernick can find some team that can turn him into a star again.

Redefine the QB position. I've heard that phrase so many times it rings hollow. If you can't throw from the pocket, you're gone as a QB.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I agree at some point you get figured out
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/21/report-no-proof-jamie-collins-has-mrsa/

Quote:
Report: No proof Jamie Collins has MRSA

As Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins continues to miss practices and games with an injury, rumors apparently have been swirling that he’s suffering from MRSA. Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports that Collins does not have MRSA.

Or, more accurately, Howe reports that there’s no evidence Collins has MRSA.

Technically, Collins could have any condition that counts as an “illness,” since the league’s injury-reporting rules require no specificity. As Howe notes, however, the Patriots have not closed any portion of Gillette Stadium to disinfect the building, which is the standard practice when a player has been diagnosed with an infection that is resistant to antibiotics.

The Patriots expect to not have Collins on Monday night against the Bills due to the illness, and it’s unclear when he will return.

Collins first appeared on the injury report with an illness on November 7. He hasn’t played or practiced since.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/21/report-no-proof-jamie-collins-has-mrsa/

Quote:

As Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins continues to miss practices and games with an injury, rumors apparently have been swirling that he’s suffering from MRSA. Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reports that Collins does not have MRSA.

Technically, Collins could have any condition that counts as an “illness,” since the league’s injury-reporting rules require no specificity. As Howe notes, however, the Patriots have not closed any portion of Gillette Stadium to disinfect the building, which is the standard practice when a player has been diagnosed with an infection that is resistant to antibiotics.

The Patriots expect to not have Collins on Monday night against the Bills due to the illness, and it’s unclear when he will return.

Collins first appeared on the injury report with an illness on November 7. He hasn’t played or practiced since.

A Patriots injury report is about as truthful as a Fox News report on Obama.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

A Patriots injury report is about as truthful as a Fox News report on Obama.

Tom Brady's been probable since 2000
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

The Colts are 3-0 with a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck as the starting QB

Its a mixed bag on the one hand I'm glad to see the Colts win on the other we're probably stuck with Pagano/Grigson who I don't find impressive.

That and Matty isn't going to be sustainable at his age.

The Lions have a 2 game win streak.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I have never hated on romo but never really thought he was elite. If dude was healthy all year the cowgirls could be undefeated . It will be hilarious if they some how win that pathetic division.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I think Romo is a very good QB why people don't even think that about him is beyond me.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Joe Flacco out for season with torn ACL not that it matters this season but it might affect their following season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Dang they lost Forsett and Flacco
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I think Romo is a very good QB why people don't even think that about him is beyond me.

I agree. He makes head scratcher plays but more often than not he makes incredible ones.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for First Take tomorrow. Skip will probably play down the win. Romo is the Cowboys.

Greenbay can't seem to get it into the endzone consistently. All kinds of field goals.

Tedy Bridgewater's showing me something.

EDIT; Soon as I say they can't seem to get it into he end zone GB cranks it up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Skip Pro Cowboys wouldn't he say that Romo is everything to that team(and he probably is)

However you could say the same about Matt H too.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/22/colts-steelers-will-stay-on-sunday-night-football/

Quote:
Colts-Steelers will stay on Sunday Night Football

Posted by Zac Jackson on November 22, 2015, 6:57 PM EST
Antonio Brown, Darius Butler
AP
The Dec. 6 Steelers at Colts game will not be flexed and remain as the Sunday Night Football game.

That announcement came Sunday, probably not coincidentally a few hours after the Colts won in Atlanta to improve to 5-5.

The 6-4 Steelers are off this week and in playoff contention. They play at Seattle next week.

It’s uncertain if the Colts will have quarterback Andrew Luck back for that game but Matt Hasselbeck won again as the starter on Sunday.

This week’s Sunday Night Football game, the Bengals at the Cardinals, was flexed into that spot in place of the originally slotted Chiefs-Chargers game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Isn't Skip Pro Cowboys wouldn't he say that Romo is everything to that team(and he probably is)

However you could say the same about Matt H too.

Yes he's a Cowboys fan, refers to them a "My Cowboys."

He's been saying when Romo came back he thought the Cowboys would start to win and make the playoffs. I don't think he won't be as boastful as he was in the beginning of the season.

If Romo gets the Cowboys to the playoffs Skip will have the ups on SAS.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Panthers so beast.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Of course he is, he is an Eastern Illinois Panther.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I agree. He makes head scratcher plays but more often than not he makes incredible ones.

He had a few high profile gaffs early on and it's tough to shake a reputation. Guy is easily at the top of the heap behind the usual big name qb's in the league.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Cardinals pull out the win
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/24/browns-announce-josh-mccown-to-start-johnny-manziel-third/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Quote:
Browns announce Josh McCown to start, Johnny Manziel third

After giving him a chance to prove himself the rest of the season, the Browns have now taken that chance away from Johnny Manziel.

The team announced that Josh McCown would return to the starting lineup this week, and the Manziel would be the third quarterback behind Austin Davis, after video emerged of him partying over the bye week.

Pettine said after consulting with his coaching staff, and talking to General Manager Ray Farmer and owner Jimmy Haslam, he told the players involved of his decision.

“Everyone in this organization wants what is best for Johnny just like we do for every player in our locker room,” Pettine said in a statement from the team. “I’m especially disappointed in his actions and behavior because he has been working very hard. The improvements from last year to this year have been tremendous but he still has to consistently demonstrate that he has gained a good understanding of what it takes to be successful at the quarterback position on this level. It goes well beyond the field.

“We are going to continue to support him in every way possible, but at this point, we’ve decided it’s best to go with Josh as the starter going forward.”

McCown has been hurt lately, but that’s not really why they went to Manziel, since their season was shot and they had a former first-rounder they weren’t sure was ready to play.

They still don’t know.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/24/ravens-claim-jimmy-clausen/

Quote:
Ravens claim Jimmy Clausen

The Ravens have found their backup quarterback for Matt Schaub.

The team announced Tuesday that they have claimed Jimmy Clausen off of waivers from the Bears. Clausen was dropped in Chicago Monday to make room for David Fales on the 53-man roster.

Clausen will be reunited with Ravens offensive coordinator Marc Trestman, who coached Clausen in 2014. Trestman opted to start Clausen over Jay Cutler in one game last season, but Clausen suffered a concussion and Cutler moved back into the starting lineup.

Clausen also started one game in place of an injured Cutler this year. He was 9-of-17 for 63 yards in a 26-0 loss to the Seahawks.

Joe Flacco, who tore his ACL and MCL Sunday, was placed on injured reserve to make room for Clausen on the roster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 42 of 106
Jump to: