***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

As I said earlier, I thought the DTs were a tad overrated as first rounders. The second round will have many decent DTs though.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

OK, this is where the Aint's pick Randy Gregory.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Weird... thanks Aint's.

NE on the clock... Randy Gregory or trade down. While they could grab AJ Cann, I think moving down makes more sense.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

It is rumored that there are more than just weed issues surrounding Randy Gregory, so it is quite possible for him to fall to Day 2.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm... not in love with the pick, but I guess I don't hate it either.

I wasn't enthralled with Siliga at NT no matter how much the team hypes him up. He's not close to being a Wilfork replacement, thus Brown makes sense.

I thought Brown was overrated like the rest of the DTs in the various mocks. He's a run-stuffer, good power with the ability to take on two OL. He might over time be able to become better at pass penetration, but that isn't the here and now. He's a bit stiff, not as explosive as I would have desired out of a NT/DT.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Chargers trade up 2 spots with Niners, lose a 4th and 5th, to take Melvin Gordon. Did they not remember the last time they traded up to take a RB when there was really no need to?

Edit: Case in point, Houston takes a CB and SF wanted a DE. Chargers could've gotten Gordon and kept their other picks.

They were probably concerned the Texans would get him. Fosters old, constantly injured and expensive so I could see it. You can't assume they wouldn't have taken him just because they took a corner instead, he was off the board then. Plus, who knows, someone else could have traded up for him. Definitely a steep price to pay tho, but they got their guy. Love the player, don't like the trade, but oh well. Hope it works out!

Edit: My apologies to angrypuppy for stopping your attempt at the record for consecutive posts

Last edited by AY2043 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Tomorrow round 2. Hopefully there will be a decent CB2 when NE picks, but I doubt it. As a fallback they might go for an OL.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Chargers trade up 2 spots with Niners, lose a 4th and 5th, to take Melvin Gordon. Did they not remember the last time they traded up to take a RB when there was really no need to?

Edit: Case in point, Houston takes a CB and SF wanted a DE. Chargers could've gotten Gordon and kept their other picks.

They were probably concerned the Texans would get him. Fosters old, constantly injured and expensive so I could see it. You can't assume they wouldn't have taken him just because they took a corner instead, he was off the board then. Plus, who knows, someone else could have traded up for him. Definitely a steep price to pay tho, but they got their guy. Love the player, don't like the trade, but oh well. Hope it works out!

Edit: My apologies to angrypuppy for stopping your attempt at the record for consecutive posts

I dunno, I felt CB, LB would've been a bigger need for the Texans.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:56 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Word is the Cowboys were trying to come up for Gordon, but even then I don't like Melvim enough to spend 3 picks just to take him 2 spots earlier.

Best pick of the round IMO was Jets, did the right thing taking BPA, and their D Line has a chance to be downright scary.

Dumbest pick has to be Washington, Scherff might be a good player but that wasn't value, and they could've used Leonard Williams just as much.

Some good players available tonight, Green-Beckham, Gregory, and Landon Collins among them

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

Dumbest move was the Broncos trading a couple picks and a player to move up to pick up Ray. The guy was dropping like a rock on every team's board.

Washington's pick was a stretch but top rated tackles usually pan out. I still think it was a huge mistake to pass up on Williams though. If Williams were gone, I'd have no issue with the selection.

I'm ok with San Diego's move because Gordon is a good player. I think they gave up too much, but if they liked him that much, it's a decent move.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

Best pick was Parker other than the Jets no brainer. I actually like him right with White as 2a and 2b behind Cooper. Parker has better hands and body control. White has the speed and a higher ceiling. It didn't always look like White played with 4.3 speed compared to Dorsett who looks blazing fast on tape.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Best pick was Parker other than the Jets no brainer. I actually like him right with White as 2a and 2b behind Cooper. Parker has better hands and body control. White has the speed and a higher ceiling. It didn't always look like White played with 4.3 speed compared to Dorsett who looks blazing fast on tape.

I have Cooper as the draft's best wideout by a way. To me Parker is second, I'm still not convinced by White's one year of actual production.

Devante was good value for the Phins, and will be very good player for them. I think him and Coop are safer picks than White, but people love to talk about White's supposedly higher ceiling because he ran faster than people thought he would.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:

I have Cooper as the draft's best wideout by a way. To me Parker is second, I'm still not convinced by White's one year of actual production.

Devante was good value for the Phins, and will be very good player for them. I think him and Coop are safer picks than White, but people love to talk about White's supposedly higher ceiling because he ran faster than people thought he would.

I've liked Cooper since HS. He went to MNW and should have been a Cane, but when Stoutland left to 'Bama, Cooper became a 'Bama lock.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

Instead of drafting Landon Collins, who was available, to help out our 34 year old starting safety (or even a DL to stop NE from running all over the colts again), the colts decided to draft their 9th WR on the roster. i was left both appalled and disgusted.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Instead of drafting Landon Collins, who was available, to help out our 34 year old starting safety (or even a DL to stop NE from running all over the colts again), the colts decided to draft their 9th WR on the roster. i was left both appalled and disgusted.

That might have qualified as the weirdest pick of the night, with Stephone Anthony a very close second.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

For someone who didn't like Star Wars numbers Irsay's choices say otherwise.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

i'm just hoping we don't draft a QB and Punter in the 2nd and 3rd rounds
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject:

I am happy with Eddie Goldman in the 2nd round for the Bears.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

And now the Patriots with the weirdest pick of the second round.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

A duo of Bruins ending up in good fits. Kendricks joins Barr in Minnesota. Giants have had a great track record with DE's and Owa's next in line. Hopefully Hundley lands somewhere where he can develop long term.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm ok on Jordan Phillips. Would've liked LB Perryman but the Chargers took him. Phillips has Albert Haynesworth potential but also has Albert Haynesworth motivation. Still need LB, OG, DB help.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject:

The NE pick second rounder was a weird pick, it made sense if they thought someone has had Jordan Richards on a third round wish list. Despite what the Boston press says (and I do think they repeat the chicken feed thrown to them by the Patriot's org), I think Patrick Chung is a lousy SS. They lost Chung to Phili in free agency, then re-signed him after Phili dumped him after a few games. I read things like how well he played, but when I'm watching the games I see a SS who isn't particularly good at pass coverage and is prone to very sloppy tackling technique.

I think the Patriots may have wanted Shaq Thompson in the first, but were stymied by the Panthers.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

My 'Canes are flying off the board and the new Raiders regime seems to love them.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

A few QB's land in optimal spots. Petty to the Jets where Geno Smith sucks and Hundley to the Packers where he can develop long-term the way Rodgers did.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

A pleasant surprise. Dolphins sign DT Ellis McCarthy.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 7 of 106
Jump to: