***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject:

Seahawks going all in, now Bobby Wagner gets a new deal too. They better hope Chancellor doesn't hold out.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMK9LXGUAAA_V_J.jpg

Colts get the tiebreaker edge for owner arrests.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject:

We doing a Fantasy league here this year!!??
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
We doing a Fantasy league here this year!!??

Has LG done that in the past?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Colts sign T.Y. Hilton to 5 Year, $65M Contract Extension ($39M Guaranteed)

Quote:
The Indianapolis Colts agreed to a contract extension with fourth-year receiver T.Y. Hilton on Thursday.

The deal is for five years and is worth $65 million -- $39 million of which is guaranteed, agent Drew Rosenhaus confirmed.

Hilton's $39 million guaranteed is nearly twice as much guaranteed money as any other player on the Colts roster. Quarterback Andrew Luck is second on the team in that category at $22.1 million, according to the Roster Management System.

Link

I'm a colts fan, and I think they definitely overpaid him. Near Dez/DT money for a 5'9 WR, who disappears in the redzone? His frame makes him susceptible to physical play and injury, as well. Makes the 1st round selection of Dorsett even stupider.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

We had our draft pick selection party last night and I ended up with the #2 pick. Nice.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

The Colts look awful in the preseason that's nothing new but I still see the same flaws with this team as last season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised another team wanted him to be honest at least we'll have another storyline for the game besides "Deflategate"

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/report-patriots-sign-reggie-wayne

Quote:

Report: Patriots agree to a deal with Reggie Wayne
A day after they reportedly brought him in for a physical, the Patriots have agreed to a one-year deal with veteran wide receiver Reggie Wayne, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Wayne, 36, caught 64 passes for 779 yards in 15 regular season games for the Colts last season, and has solidified himself one of the most productive receivers in NFL history.

The six-time Pro Bowler and a First-Team All-Pro selection in 2010 was drafted by the Colts in the first round in 2001. After 14 seasons in the league, he leads all active wideouts in receptions and receiving yards, and he ranks seventh and eight respectively all-time in those categories.

Wayne suffered an ACL injury that ended his 2013 season after seven games, but he has been extremely durable over the course of his career, playing in all 16 regular-season games for 11 consecutive seasons from 2002-12.

Though he may not be the explosive athlete he was earlier in his career, Wayne was still recognized by Patriots coach Bill Belichick as a dangerous receiver late last season.

"Yeah, he’s still really good at everything," Belichick said before a Week 11 game between the Patriots and Colts. "[He’s] obviously a real smart and experienced guy. Knows how to set up routes, make all of his routes look the same. Does a great job of releasing, and then at the top of his routes being able to create separation at just the right time when the quarterback is ready to throw. He’s been a key guy for them in critical situations and third down-type situations. I’m sure that there’s a lot of confidence that he’s going to be open and he usually is."

Belichick noted that Wayne's role in the Colts offense was different from the one he manned earlier in his career, but that didn't make him any less of a threat.

"They move him around," Belichick said at the time. "He plays a decent amount in the slot, but also out on the perimeter where we saw him for so many years in their former offensive system. But he’s probably a little more in the slot now with [Hakeem] Nicks and Hilton outside. But they move all those guys around so finding him is a problem. He’s still a very dangerous receiver, clutch player and a guy who really, when they need a play, they’re not afraid to go to him and he’ll deliver for them."

In a conference call with Patriots reporters last year, Wayne was asked how he goes about fending off "Father Time."

"It's just a will to win," he said. "I just want to win. I've dealt with an ACL last year. Did a lot of rehabbing, a lot of thinking. During that time I realized that I still love this game. I still love this game of football and I want to go out and play the game that I love. I've been dreaming of being an NFL player since I was 7 years old and I still have an opportunity to fulfill that dream.

"I wouldn't say I've beat Father Time. He's jabbing me, don't get me wrong now. But it's definitely an opportunity just to do the things that I love. We got a young team, I enjoy playing with these guys. They keep me on my toes. They keep me laughing. It doesn't feel like a job. It still feels like I'm living the dream. As long as I feel that way, I'm going to do my best to continue to play."

Though Wayne said he never considered playing for the Patriots when he became a free agent in 2012 -- "I was Colts Nation all day," he said -- he clearly revered Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and how he's sustained success over a similarly-long NFL career.

"I think he's jabbing Father Time," Wayne said. "When you sit back and you watch him, he still looks like the same calm and collected guy that sits back there and takes what the defense gives him. And he just picks you apart. That's one thing I think our defense realizes. If we're not on our Ps and Qs, it can get ugly real fast."

Wayne won't have to worry about that now as he'll be catching passes from Brady very soon.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I'm surprised another team wanted him to be honest at least we'll have another storyline for the game besides "Deflategate"

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/report-patriots-sign-reggie-wayne

Quote:

Report: Patriots agree to a deal with Reggie Wayne
A day after they reportedly brought him in for a physical, the Patriots have agreed to a one-year deal with veteran wide receiver Reggie Wayne, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Wayne, 36, caught 64 passes for 779 yards in 15 regular season games for the Colts last season, and has solidified himself one of the most productive receivers in NFL history.

The six-time Pro Bowler and a First-Team All-Pro selection in 2010 was drafted by the Colts in the first round in 2001. After 14 seasons in the league, he leads all active wideouts in receptions and receiving yards, and he ranks seventh and eight respectively all-time in those categories.

Wayne suffered an ACL injury that ended his 2013 season after seven games, but he has been extremely durable over the course of his career, playing in all 16 regular-season games for 11 consecutive seasons from 2002-12.

Though he may not be the explosive athlete he was earlier in his career, Wayne was still recognized by Patriots coach Bill Belichick as a dangerous receiver late last season.

"Yeah, he’s still really good at everything," Belichick said before a Week 11 game between the Patriots and Colts. "[He’s] obviously a real smart and experienced guy. Knows how to set up routes, make all of his routes look the same. Does a great job of releasing, and then at the top of his routes being able to create separation at just the right time when the quarterback is ready to throw. He’s been a key guy for them in critical situations and third down-type situations. I’m sure that there’s a lot of confidence that he’s going to be open and he usually is."

Belichick noted that Wayne's role in the Colts offense was different from the one he manned earlier in his career, but that didn't make him any less of a threat.

"They move him around," Belichick said at the time. "He plays a decent amount in the slot, but also out on the perimeter where we saw him for so many years in their former offensive system. But he’s probably a little more in the slot now with [Hakeem] Nicks and Hilton outside. But they move all those guys around so finding him is a problem. He’s still a very dangerous receiver, clutch player and a guy who really, when they need a play, they’re not afraid to go to him and he’ll deliver for them."

In a conference call with Patriots reporters last year, Wayne was asked how he goes about fending off "Father Time."

"It's just a will to win," he said. "I just want to win. I've dealt with an ACL last year. Did a lot of rehabbing, a lot of thinking. During that time I realized that I still love this game. I still love this game of football and I want to go out and play the game that I love. I've been dreaming of being an NFL player since I was 7 years old and I still have an opportunity to fulfill that dream.

"I wouldn't say I've beat Father Time. He's jabbing me, don't get me wrong now. But it's definitely an opportunity just to do the things that I love. We got a young team, I enjoy playing with these guys. They keep me on my toes. They keep me laughing. It doesn't feel like a job. It still feels like I'm living the dream. As long as I feel that way, I'm going to do my best to continue to play."

Though Wayne said he never considered playing for the Patriots when he became a free agent in 2012 -- "I was Colts Nation all day," he said -- he clearly revered Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and how he's sustained success over a similarly-long NFL career.

"I think he's jabbing Father Time," Wayne said. "When you sit back and you watch him, he still looks like the same calm and collected guy that sits back there and takes what the defense gives him. And he just picks you apart. That's one thing I think our defense realizes. If we're not on our Ps and Qs, it can get ugly real fast."

Wayne won't have to worry about that now as he'll be catching passes from Brady very soon.

That's great for him. Now he won't lose access to Colts practice tapes.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Fearless prediction:

Jameis Winston will be a far better pro than Marcus Mariota.

Winston can definitely make NFL throws and he looks very comfortable in the pocket.

I think he is going to be a good one if he doesn't blow it with off the field antics.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Famous Jameis looked good tonight. I have high hopes for him this season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/steelers-sign-michael-vick/

Quote:
Steelers sign Michael Vick

Michael Vick is back in the NFL, as Ben Roethlisberger’s backup.

The Steelers announced this evening that they have signed Vick and placed Bruce Gradkowski, who had been slated as the backup quarterback, on injured reserve.

The 35-year-old Vick is a far cry from the star he once was, and he’s coming off a season in which he was largely disappointing when he played for the Jets. But he was the best veteran quarterback available to the Steelers when Gradkowski got hurt.

If Roethlisberger stays healthy, Vick may never see the field in Pittsburgh. But if Roethlisberger goes down, the Steelers know they have a backup with experience.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Surprised the Colts didn't sign him we love Eagles castoffs....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/broncos-sign-evan-mathis/

Quote:
Broncos sign Evan Mathis

Peyton Manning’s protection just got a lot better.

Free agent guard Evan Mathis has signed with the Broncos. It’s a one-year deal worth $4 million if he meets playing-time incentives.

That’s less money than Mathis was slated to make this season before he was cut by the Eagles, but a league source tells PFT that Mathis didn’t choose the Broncos for the money: Another team offered him $5.5 million but he turned it down because he wants to win a ring and thinks playing for the Broncos gives him a good chance to do that.

So after missing training camp and half of the preseason, Mathis will now try to get up to speed quickly, and to provide a big boost to the line in Denver.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Surprised the Colts didn't sign him we love Eagles castoffs....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/broncos-sign-evan-mathis/

Quote:
Broncos sign Evan Mathis

Peyton Manning’s protection just got a lot better.

Free agent guard Evan Mathis has signed with the Broncos. It’s a one-year deal worth $4 million if he meets playing-time incentives.

That’s less money than Mathis was slated to make this season before he was cut by the Eagles, but a league source tells PFT that Mathis didn’t choose the Broncos for the money: Another team offered him $5.5 million but he turned it down because he wants to win a ring and thinks playing for the Broncos gives him a good chance to do that.

So after missing training camp and half of the preseason, Mathis will now try to get up to speed quickly, and to provide a big boost to the line in Denver.

I was hoping the Dolphins could acquire him (actually re-acquire would be more accurate) as both guard spots are iffy with youngsters.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/reggie-wayne-dons-new-number-could-add-to-hof-level-numbers/

Quote:
Reggie Wayne dons new number, could add to HOF-level numbers

When new Patriots receiver Reggie Wayne met with the media on Tuesday for the first time as a non-Colt, he also did so for the first time as a guy who won’t be wearing No. 87.

“Eigthy-seven is over with,” Wayne said, after explaining he has no plans to try to get it away from tight end Rob Gronkowski.

At the time Wayne met with the media, he said he didn’t know what his number would be. According to the official roster on the team’s website, he’ll be wearing No. 15.

He’s already much higher than No. 15 on two key career receiving lists, and a solid season with the Pats could put him much higher. At seventh in receptions with 1,070, Wayne is only eight from catching Terrell Owens for No. 6, 24 from matching Tim Brown with 1,094, and 32 from equaling former Colts receiver Marvin Harrison for No. 3 all time, with 1,102.

Wayne is eighth on the all-time yardage list, with 14,345 yards. He’s only 235 yards from catching Harrison for No. 7, and he needs only 947 for the season to match Moss at No. 3.

When it comes to receiving touchdowns, Wayne sits at 22nd, with 82. Ten would vault him to No. 10, but he still needs a total of 46 to catch Harrison in that category.

Regardless, the total catches and receiving yards — along with the possibility of a second Super Bowl ring — could eventually get Wayne a spot in Canton.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I have a question.

I'm a 49ers fan, and I encounter a lot of people who don't like Colin Kaepernick. I'm wondering why that is.

Is it because he is "fake"? As in, dresses like a gangster or has tattoos?

Is it because he just isn't what people envision out of a quarterback?

I genuinely am rooting for the guy, especially now that the 49ers are underdogs and he has so much ridicule surrounding him. I hope he has a big year. By most accounts he's a solid guy off the field. Donates money to charity, etc.
I know there was a brush up with the law in 2014, but the accusations were later shown to be bogus.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
I have a question.

I'm a 49ers fan, and I encounter a lot of people who don't like Colin Kaepernick. I'm wondering why that is.

I genuinely am rooting for the guy, especially now that the 49ers are underdogs and he has so much ridicule surrounding him. I hope he has a big year. By most accounts he's a solid guy off the field. Donates money to charity, etc.
I know there was a brush up with the law in 2014, but the accusations were later shown to be bogus.

Rams fan here. And speaking objectively, the guy just seems like a complete and total douche. That's pretty much it.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

That bicep kiss.

Many also link Kap closely to Cam Newton and Russell Wilson, both in negative light.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
madsen35 wrote:
I have a question.

Rams fan here. And speaking objectively, the guy just seems like a complete and total douche. That's pretty much it.

I see. I don't think he's any more of a douche than most of the players in the NFL, but I guess all we have to go on is what we see on television.

I know he's a hard worker. Definitely a dynamic player. I enjoy watching him. But maybe I'm missing something.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
madsen35 wrote:
I have a question.

I see. I don't think he's any more of a douche than most of the players in the NFL, but I guess all we have to go on is what we see on television.

I know he's a hard worker. Definitely a dynamic player. I enjoy watching him. But maybe I'm missing something.

I think it was ESPN's Lebron-like coverage of him during their first 2 years. Hyping him up to be some all time great and it seemed as if he was buying into it too(much like Lebron did). That's mostly why I don't like the guy. He's a good qb but not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be or acted like he was.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
madsen35 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
madsen35 wrote:
I have a question.

I think it was ESPN's Lebron-like coverage of him during their first 2 years. Hyping him up to be some all time great and it seemed as if he was buying into it too(much like Lebron did). That's mostly why I don't like the guy. He's a good qb but not nearly as good as he was hyped up to be or acted like he was.

I don't know much about his off field activities. He not living up to his billing. Unlike LeBron who did and is.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Just had my fantasy draft. Had the 8th pick in a 12 team league.

QB- Romo/Cutler
RB- Forte/Anderson/Foster/Duke Johnson
WR- Matthews/Edelman/Funchess/Wheaton
TE- Allen/Reed
Def-Jets
K-Bailey

Thoughts?
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject:

I love Kaepernick. I love the story of an adopted kid making it to the big time, watched a documentary about their family and found it kinda heart-warming, love watching him play too.

That being said, I can see exactly why people don't like him. Very over-hyped, and unfortunately he isn't as good as some make him out to be. He's had some douche moves, but a lot of players do, it's part of growing up for a lot of people. He doesn't seem to act like a fool off the field.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We had our draft pick selection party last night and I ended up with the #2 pick. Nice.

Bell or AP? Not bad. I've got #4 in one league, #1 in another and #10 in another.

I'm excited about #4. I'll get one of Bell, AP, Lacy, JC.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/30/report-arthur-jones-to-see-ankle-specialist-after-having-mri/

Quote:
Report: Arthur Jones to see ankle specialist after having MRI

Colts defensive tackle Arthur Jones left Saturday’s game against the Rams in a walking boot after injuring his left ankle early in the contest.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that x-rays on the ankle were negative, but coach Chuck Pagano said that Jones would undergo a full evaluation on Sunday. That evaluation will apparently include a visit to an ankle specialist.

Josina Anderson of ESPN reports that Jones had an MRI on Sunday and that he will now go to see a specialist as he looks for an answer about the severity of his injury.

It’s a familiar situation for the Colts, who played without Jones seven times last season while he was making his way back from a high ankle sprain. He’s a big part of their plans to have a better run defense this season, so another extended absence would be a blow to the Colts up front. Montori Hughes and Zach Kerr saw first-team snaps at defensive tackle after Jones left the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 10 of 106
Jump to: