Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Wasnt Dan Patrick the trophy presenter ? Or does it change every year?

Last Super Bowl was on NBC, so he presented.

Anyway, what a run by the Denver defense. It took two incredible performances. 2000 Ravens like for sure.

Yep, thats what I was thinking....the last time we saw a dominant defense that did it on both ends in the Super Bowl we have to go back to the year 2000.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Anyway, what a run by the Denver defense. It took two incredible performances. 2000 Ravens like for sure.

Yep, thats what I was thinking....the last time we saw a dominant defense that did it on both ends in the Super Bowl we have to go back to the year 2000.

Everyone said Manning was going to have to Dilfer it to get a ring and that he did.

But at least he's 39 Dilfer was just meh in general.

I'm so happy my Colts aren't going anywhere this was the next best thing.

I hope he does retire though and I'm guessing he will. First QB to win an SB with 2 different teams and the first to 200 wins.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Panthers looked uninspired and out of sorts in ever way possible -and their play calling was ridiculously bad.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe that people used to argue that Eli was better than Peyton.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

The Panthers could learn from Phil Jackson, about grasping and performing in the moment.

They simply choked in the big game...

Congrats to the Broncos and Manning!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
I would have loved Kobe going out like this.

Same between this and Kobe retiring I'm going to morph into johnnybravo's avatar

I think Ware might retire as well he said he didn't want to play forever and I don't see Denver repeating they just had a magical season and a lot of those guys want to get paid and it won't all be with Denver.

Plus I can't imagine Kubiak getting this type of success next year.

The Panthers let the hype get to them not surprising I guess they are young if they get back there they will know better.

BTW its obvious Manning will retire but if he announced it now it would be about him retiring and less about the Broncos winning it all. It should be about the team.

Last edited by Basketball Fan on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

Seahawks? Though I'm not sure what you meant by both ends.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

I said Ravens like, because I don't think Denver had an offense. The defense setup crucial scores in both of the last two games.

They were so confident, with 5 minutes to go the Broncos offense ran it 3 times in a row, so the defense could protect the lead only up 6.

Last week they hit Brady, the most any qb has been contacted since 2006.

Panthers played awful to, but the Broncos D lead to the avalanche.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

I said Ravens like, because I don't think Denver had an offense. The defense setup crucial scores in both of the last two games.

They were so confident, with 5 minutes to go the Broncos offense ran it 3 times in a row, so the defense could protect the lead only up 6.

Last week they hit Brady, the most any qb has been contacted since 2006.

Panthers played awful to, but the Broncos D lead to the avalanche.

Yep. Denver won the AFC Championship and the Super Bowl by being so confident defensively that were willing to go 3 and out repeatedly in 1 possession games with everything on the line.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Have to admit Carolina is better than I thought they were at least on defense but they're young and not ready yet.

This could end up being good for them in the long run look at Denver two years ago.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Von Miller MVP.

Well deserved. Glad it went to someone on defense. They did all the heavy lifting today.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Cam Newton looked really bad in that press conference. He looked like a spoiled child that was angry, made almost no effort to answer questions and then walked out of there before it was over.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Vernon Davis got a ring though that's actually kind of funny his season ended where it began at Levi's Stadium.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Have to admit Carolina is better than I thought they were at least on defense but they're young and not ready yet.

This could end up being good for them in the long run look at Denver two years ago.

It's going to be tough for them to get a repeat of this season. So many things fell just right for them. The bottom line is I think the 2015 version of the Panthers WAS their ceiling. I don't see where that team can really get any better (they're already darn good). Unfortunately, Both Seattle and Green Bay can (and will very likely) get better. It's going to be difficult for that team to get lightening to strike twice.

In the early going, Vegas seems to agree...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Cam Newton looked really bad in that press conference. He looked like a spoiled child that was angry, made almost no effort to answer questions and then walked out of there before it was over.

Pretty much to be expected of a guy who was raised to be exactly that given the whole "pay to play" approach he's had.

Sure, he a big badass that assumes everyone is "scared" of him because they can't handle his awesomeness . . . until things don't go his way and he collapses and disappears.

He sure looked awesome on that fumble he had late in the game where he just watched the ball got to Denver and instead of diving for it he just decided he didn't want any part of that physical stuff.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

He's a great QB, but a bit short in the 'Classy' dept. Could never imagine Russell Wilson acting like that after a loss...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

It's going to be tough for them to get a repeat of this season. So many things fell just right for them. The bottom line is I think the 2015 version of the Panthers WAS their ceiling. I don't see where that team can really get any better (they're already darn good). Unfortunately, Both Seattle and Green Bay can (and will very likely) get better. It's going to be difficult for that team to get lightening to strike twice.

Well they do get Kelvin Benjamin back, he had a promising rookie season.

They seem to have a nice core, particularly on defense. I do question if he can continue to take the hits he does. I'm not an expert, but I think he might have a ceiling as a passer, long motion and tends to throw passes high.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I understand cam was frustrated and angry but that's not professional of him walking out especially since he didn't even dive after that loose ball. I would've hoped he would be humble about the lost and use that as motivation to come back even better. Anyways panthers need to give cam better receivers to work with. Good thing KB will be back next year.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Yup. Beastmode is retiring but Seattle's got Jimmy Graham coming back, not to mention Thomas Rawls. They have some things to shore up but they are looking pretty good. They had 4th quarter leads in 15 of 16 games this year they just kept losing them lol. They will always have a chance with that defense and Russell Wilson.

GB gets Nelson back which is huge.

I think the race will be tight next year.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

He's a great QB, but a bit short in the 'Classy' dept. Could never imagine Russell Wilson acting like that after a loss...

He reminds me of LeBron. Remember how he acted after the Mavs final?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

I don't mind that reaction that much. Many will use it against Cam, but most of us will never understand how much it hurts when you're playing one game to accomplish your lifelong dream only to fail. He could've done something like what Lebron did in 2011, but he didn't. Cam could've acted more classy, but he also could've acted a lot more like an a-hole.

Last edited by slavavov on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

He's giving his detractors even more ammo with this though.

I try not to judge right after a loss as a fan I don't take losses well I can't imagine as a player.

Maybe after a while he can cool off and hopefully be more mature about it.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Yup. Beastmode is retiring but Seattle's got Jimmy Graham coming back, not to mention Thomas Rawls. They have some things to shore up but they are looking pretty good. They had 4th quarter leads in 15 of 16 games this year they just kept losing them lol. They will always have a chance with that defense and Russell Wilson.

GB gets Nelson back which is huge.

I think the race will be tight next year.

As a Hawks fan, I wish the Beast all the best, but it was time. And that extra cap space is going to come in real handy now. It was more than surprising to see them actually get to the NFC Championship game with a freshman offensive line, a washed up RB 1st game back after missing half a season, and minus their #1 receiving threat, spot the Panthers a 31 point lead - and still be in a position to win. Truth be told, they should have be a 1st round playoff exit at best since this was known to be a retooling year after giving Russel all that dough. But next seasons version of the Hawks is actually stacking up to be the best, and most balanced, version of the Wilson era. That's kinda scary...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
I would have loved Kobe going out like this.

Same between this and Kobe retiring I'm going to morph into johnnybravo's avatar

I think Ware might retire as well he said he didn't want to play forever and I don't see Denver repeating they just had a magical season and a lot of those guys want to get paid and it won't all be with Denver.

Plus I can't imagine Kubiak getting this type of success next year.

The Panthers let the hype get to them not surprising I guess they are young if they get back there they will know better.

BTW its obvious Manning will retire but if he announced it now it would be about him retiring and less about the Broncos winning it all. It should be about the team.

That's what I was thinking

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

He reminds me of LeBron. Remember how he acted after the Mavs final?

Yep. Did he shake Mannings hand after the game? Or did he "LeBron" it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 104 of 106
Jump to: