***Official*** 2015 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 104, 105, 106  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Well as bad as Cam feels imagine being John Fox right now either team that won it would've been his replacement and it was the Broncos who dumped him after the loss to the Colts. Then Elway hires his friend/ex teammate Gary Kubiak and they win the SB the following year.

This has many parallels to Mark Jackson/Steve Kerr.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

The Crying Jordan memes are going full throttle.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Well Magic said the same thing about Kobe/Peyton

Quote:
Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson · 1h1 hour ago
The Denver Broncos team is sending Peyton Manning out as a champion and I wish the Lakers could've done the same for Kobe Bryant!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

1020 wrote:
I understand cam was frustrated and angry but that's not professional of him walking out especially since he didn't even dive after that loose ball. I would've hoped he would be humble about the lost and use that as motivation to come back even better. Anyways panthers need to give cam better receivers to work with. Good thing KB will be back next year.

That Panthers team didn't face much adversity to their road to the Super Bowl. Going 15-1 in the regular season probably didn't give them enough frustrations where they can fight thru periods in the game when their offense wasn't clicking, while Denver on the other hand went thru some tough stretches in their season where they had to grind it out. As much as losing games sucks, there are some character building moments in those losses.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

They also pretty much blew out their NFC opponents which I think gave them a false sense of security. While the Broncos barely beat the Pats and Steelers.

I actually think the Panthers did the Broncos a favor since Seattle/Arizona would've beaten Denver tonight.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to the idiots going out and throwing big money on Carolina after the NFC Finals, I was able to get the Broncos +5. Easy money.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
They also pretty much blew out their NFC opponents which I think gave them a false sense of security. While the Broncos barely beat the Pats and Steelers.

I actually think the Panthers did the Broncos a favor since Seattle/Arizona would've beaten Denver tonight.

Not if Denver's defense shows up. And there's no reason to think they wouldn't have.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Defense wins games was never more evident.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Yes but Seattle and Arizona seem more battle tested to me well Seattle anyways. I think Seattle would've beaten Denver easily. Arizona would've been a bit closer.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Yes but Seattle and Arizona seem more battle tested to me well Seattle anyways. I think Seattle would've beaten Denver easily. Arizona would've been a bit closer.

How? What about Seattle's offense was going to so obviously overcome Denver's obviously strong defense?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

How? What about Seattle's offense was going to so obviously overcome Denver's obviously strong defense?

Any Given Sunday. Some teams just have your number no matter what. I mean on paper the Giants should never beat the Patriots but in 2 SB's they did.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Super Bowl halftime show marred by functioning sound system

link
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

NFL teams take note, if you have the no.1 defense and wear white to the Super Bowl, its a sure win.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Usually yes the NFC team was supposed to wear white but the Broncos got to pick first this year since they were the home team.

Will be interesting to see SB 51
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

They don't do replays to get calls right? I don't follow football. That's shocking to me.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah they do
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

And they still get it wrong? What's up with that?

http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/stephen-a-smith-leads-twitter-fury-over-super-bowl-refs/
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject:

kinda odd that two of the biggest plays came down to awkwardness. The Denver punt return could have broke the game open early, but two players just assumed there was a fair catch. The other we've seen replayed more than any (sack/fumble) but I can't believe Cam didn't jump on the ball. Denver wanted it more, but Carolina looked mentally slow at times, including the drops. Props to Denver, great job. Sadly, I assume I'll hear this plenty in the morning: "No disrespect to Denver, but did you see Cam's press conference?"
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that will be the focal point it reminded me of LeBron's presser after the Heat lost to the Mavs.

He did congratulate Peyton after the game though.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Yeah they do

And they still get it wrong? What's up with that?

http://nypost.com/2016/02/07/stephen-a-smith-leads-twitter-fury-over-super-bowl-refs/

Well, there you go! Panthers fans can now use this excuse of why their team lost the Super Bowl. It's all because of the refs!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh there have been plenty of conspiracy theories about this game even before it started how it was going to be rigged for the Broncos.

Plausible but what about the other 49 SB's?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Well Magic said the same thing about Kobe/Peyton

Quote:
Earvin Magic Johnson ‏@MagicJohnson · 1h1 hour ago
The Denver Broncos team is sending Peyton Manning out as a champion and I wish the Lakers could've done the same for Kobe Bryant!

Maybe they should've gotten a real coach then......
We all know he'll stay silent when it comes to criticizing a fellow showtime member when it comes to terrible coaching.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

I think Carson Palmer and that Arizona offense would be easier to stop than the Carolina offense. Palmer looked too rattled in the playoffs and was playing with an injury. Imagine how rattled he would get facing the Denver defense (even Brady was rattled). Seattle would also be easier to stop than a Carolina offense which led the league in scoring. Also the Denver offense couldn't be much worse and could play better against Arizona.

I thought Carolina looked more battle tested than Arizona in the NFC playoff games.

Isn't New England more battle tested than any of those other teams anyway? Denver beat them. And I think beating New England and Carolina is a bigger challenge than beating Seattle and Arizona. Seattle barely got by Minnesota because the Vikings kicker choked and then they lost to Carolina. Arizona barely beat Green Bay and then got crushed by Carolina.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject:

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I think Carson Palmer and that Arizona offense would be easier to stop than the Carolina offense. Palmer looked too rattled in the playoffs and was playing with an injury. Imagine how rattled he would get facing the Denver defense (even Brady was rattled). Seattle would also be easier to stop than a Carolina offense which led the league in scoring. Also the Denver offense couldn't be much worse and could play better against Arizona.

I thought Carolina looked more battle tested than Arizona in the NFC playoff games.

Isn't New England more battle tested than any of those other teams anyway? Denver beat them. And I think beating New England and Carolina is a bigger challenge than beating Seattle and Arizona. Seattle barely got by Minnesota because the Vikings kicker choked and then they lost to Carolina. Arizona barely beat Green Bay and then got crushed by Carolina.

Denver's defense was so good that they didn't even bother trying to advance the ball with their offense. They knew Carolina had to march down the field and score a touchdown to have a chance in the final possession, and watching what they did all game, and pretty much all season, the coaching staff knew what they had. And seeing what they did to Cam Newton a couple of possessions later, where they were able to cause a fumble again and get a score, it was well played.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 105 of 106
Jump to: