Minor things that annoy you about the NBA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
-Eliminate the charging foul. I've always found it bizarre that there is a rule which rewards and encourages a player who, in the middle of a defensive play, stops moving his hands and feet, goes stiff like a catatonic, at which point he is no longer playing basketball. Removing this type of foul would also drastically reduce if not condemn defensive flopping altogether, thus sparing referees the ambuguity of interpreting block/charge calls, giving them one less opportunity for abusive/creative officiating, and, most importantly, saves the world from having to view players doing their best Tim_Duncan_what_did_I_do.jpg face.

Are you getting rid of the blocking foul, too? Otherwise, every game would be like 228-225. It would just be a question of whether your team's big man could block a few of the layups and dunks before fouling out. On the other hand, if you get rid of the blocking foul, then the defense is going to plow into anyone who drives to the rim.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
C M B wrote:
-Eliminate the charging foul. I've always found it bizarre that there is a rule which rewards and encourages a player who, in the middle of a defensive play, stops moving his hands and feet, goes stiff like a catatonic, at which point he is no longer playing basketball. Removing this type of foul would also drastically reduce if not condemn defensive flopping altogether, thus sparing referees the ambuguity of interpreting block/charge calls, giving them one less opportunity for abusive/creative officiating, and, most importantly, saves the world from having to view players doing their best Tim_Duncan_what_did_I_do.jpg face.

Are you getting rid of the blocking foul, too? Otherwise, every game would be like 228-225. It would just be a question of whether your team's big man could block a few of the layups and dunks before fouling out. On the other hand, if you get rid of the blocking foul, then the defense is going to plow into anyone who drives to the rim.

Blocking foul stays!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
C M B wrote:

Blocking foul stays!

So guys driving to the basket get to lower their shoulder and ram into the chest of the defender? Um ...
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
C M B wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
C M B wrote:

Blocking foul stays!

So guys driving to the basket get to lower their shoulder and ram into the chest of the defender? Um ...

Yes!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
activeverb wrote:
C M B wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
C M B wrote:

Blocking foul stays!

Yes!

Remind me not to play against you.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Illegal defense.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
The disappearance of the mid range game. It's like all I see are dunks, free throws and threes.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Celebrating. Too (bleep) much. Too many players hit a three in the first quarter, and do the stupid "three-fingers-up-circle-round-the-eye" or the even worse "blow-the-guns-out, wings-down-tongue-out" (bleep).
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Celebrating. Too (bleep) much. Too many players hit a three in the first quarter, and do the stupid "three-fingers-up-circle-round-the-eye" or the even worse "blow-the-guns-out, wings-down-tongue-out" (bleep).

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnuv9ntXx91qdk3i5.png

Damn, I cannot stand that crap. It's so tacky and the ones who do it are usually 2nd or 3rd tier players who should be made to sthu and blend into the background (like JorDon made his lessers behave). Try to picture Jeff Hornacek doing that A-OK thing after 3s. That's the kinda guy who does it now, usually someone that has no business trying to act like a badass. Another one is that gaping mouth silent yell. It looks intense, but soft serve players like Boozer are the ones who usually do it, making it nothing more than fluff. Imagine some silly ass hack try to be an attn ho on a Jordan or Isiah Thomas team. Would never fly. They'd rightfully put them in their place (that means you, Swaggy). Either one of them would make that carefree twit cry, I know it. It'd be like Stacey King walking into the locker room carrying a cardboard box and Mike shouting, "I hope you got a jumpshot in there." Unfortunately that won't happen because we've outlawed bullying. Maybe we were too hasty. Before you consider that it didn't work with Kwame, also remember that supporting him didn't either. He was a special case that couldn't be helped, but I think Nick would benefit from a few drops of tenacity. Ditch the facade and live on your own name if you CAN, Swaggy.

http://tinyurl.com/jvwlh3r

At minimum, just act like you've done it before. It's not just that it looks low rent, but it's some sh you'd expect to see the dopes in HS and maybe even college doing. Shouldn't these kids become adults when they hit the pro league? When and why did that become old fashioned? I see these old era guys who are depressingly dying off, showing how far ago that era was, and they have a traditional way of life. A NON-show wife, kids, dress in suits, act like professionals, don't act like morons, gamble/bang groupies, mow their own lawn like Larry B, buy a racecar like Larry Nance, show the pregame crew the elevator in your house like Sam Perkins, kill people with a shotgun like Jayson. You know.....just live to the creedos of the Dos Eqquis guy in general (like effin MEN in other words, like DaMuleRules was in his youth - a badass who actually deserved the reputation). Ron Harp DARING to drink a Bud Lite in his postgame interview after winning a title, positive images like that. Somehow the A-OK 3 pt gesture by itself encompassed the end of that era to me, haha. It should be punished with a 2 gm suspension. Individuals like Swaggy and the other dipsh-s in the Holdat! pic are depressing harbingers of change for the WORST. We're lucky to find players who know what it means to be a Laker, that's why I give Haley his props even though he was a lousy player. At least he was proud to wear the uniform and knew why. I can only see matters becoming worse as time goes on and they continue to outdo each other's hand gestures. Then again, we're in a time where hip hop and rap aren't even hard edged anymore. Go figure. That artform got bought and sold too.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 I'M FEELING SO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

http://tinyurl.com/pbh93yk
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

All Star Weekend as a whole.
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: