Guess who's Representing LA in Lottery Drawing - It's Byron Scott (pg 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Worthy was a forward and drafted #7. When he repsthe lakers we get the 7th pick and land a forward. Scott was a guard and was drafted 4th. That means we land the fourth pick and choose a combo guard (d'angelo Russell). Scott also has a track record of coaching really good young guards (cp3, kyrie...Russell?).
It's an OMEN

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Worthy was a forward and drafted #7. When he repsthe lakers we get the 7th pick and land a forward. Scott was a guard and was drafted 4th. That means we land the fourth pick and choose a combo guard (d'angelo Russell). Scott also has a track record of coaching really good young guards (cp3, kyrie...Russell?).

Worthy was drafted no. 1.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Worthy was a forward and drafted #7. When he repsthe lakers we get the 7th pick and land a forward. Scott was a guard and was drafted 4th. That means we land the fourth pick and choose a combo guard (d'angelo Russell).

Worthy was #1.

Last edited by Megaton on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

The only thing Worthy has in common with Randle is both suffered a broken leg in their rookie seasons.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Worthy was a forward and drafted #7. When he repsthe lakers we get the 7th pick and land a forward. Scott was a guard and was drafted 4th. That means we land the fourth pick and choose a combo guard (d'angelo Russell).

Worthy was #1.

Close enough 😂
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Megaton wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Worthy was #1.

Close enough 😂

lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Can we send Flea, Jack, and Ice Cube - in case Silver has any misconceptions about rigging this pick not in our favor, Cube could just lift up his shirt and say "Is there a problem here?"
... and with the #1 pick Ice Cube, err the Los Angeles Lakers select ...

(i know it's not draft day, just lottery day)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Megaton wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Worthy was #1.

Close enough 😂

I think you mean it wasnt over when the germans bombed pearl harbor.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I got mission accomplished/mission failed themes ready for General Scott's final objective. Let's hope he comes through .
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

No I think he meant Worthy went to the draft and we got the 7th pick and got a forward so if Scott goes, we'll get the 4th and get a combo guard?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject:

cheetos82 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

No I think he meant Worthy went to the draft and we got the 7th pick and got a forward so if Scott goes, we'll get the 4th and get a combo guard?

No, he thought there was something cosmic about the draft # positions, and perhaps we're predestined. But Worthy was #1 pick, not 7.

But lets play this game.. Worthy was #1 but got #7 for the Lakers, that's a difference of 6. That can only mean that Scott who was drafted #4 will get #10 for the Lakers. LOL! Since we can't drop to 10 by lotto balls, this could only mean that we're trading down.

It all makes sense now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject:

Lakers really letting Scott take the bullets for the franchise I see. Lord help him if we don't get a top 5 pick.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers really letting Scott take the bullets for the franchise I see. Lord help him if we don't get a top 5 pick.

You don't think Jim Buss will get the blame?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

People who hate Jim Buss would blame him.
People who wish we still had MDA would blame Scott.
And don't forget the people who find ways to blame Kobe for everything. I can't think of a logical connection between Kobe's contract and the draft, but I'm sure his detractors would think of something.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And don't forget the people who find ways to blame Kobe for everything. I can't think of a logical connection between Kobe's contract and the draft, but I'm sure his detractors would think of something.

Talk about grasping for straws. Who would be blaming Kobe?

The thought is that Byron took a bullet for the team this season, and would be the first public face taking the beating if the Lakers got the 6th pick. It's just optics.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The thought is that Byron took a bullet for the team this season, and would be the first public face taking the beating if the Lakers got the 6th pick. It's just optics.

I agree it wouldn't make sense to blame Kobe. But that hasn't stopped people in the past before. I've seen SGV blame Kobe for alot of things that Kobe can't control. I've also seen LG accounts created for the sole purpose of complaining about the Mamba. If we trade this pick for a player some people don't like, a common thought would be "the franchise is sacrificing their future too much for Kobe".
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree it wouldn't make sense to blame Kobe. But that hasn't stopped people in the past before. I've seen SGV blame Kobe for alot of things that Kobe can't control. I've also seen LG accounts created for the sole purpose of complaining about the Mamba. If we trade this pick for a player some people don't like, a common thought would be "the franchise is sacrificing their future too much for Kobe".

Kobe's contract was a disaster from a salary cap/on-court standpoint. But that's behind us. He probably has 1 more season so I think most of us have moved on.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe's contract was a disaster from a salary cap/on-court standpoint. But that's behind us. He probably has 1 more season so I think most of us have moved on.

Luca disagree's with the 1 more season thing.
And I think if Kobe stayed healthy this year, people would've continually complained all season long about him. "He's too ball dominant". "Doesn't play the way it takes to win nowadays in the NBA". "He pushes his teammates to hard". Stuff like that (on top of his contract amount).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject:

^ Dude, Kobe's only played 25% of the total games in the past 2 seasons.

1. Doesn't bode well for him playing more seasons, subjecting his body to constant major injuries.

2. There is simply no way to justify being paid the highest NBA salary from an actual on-court basis when you've missed so many games.

Luca can say all he wants, but it's Kobe's decision. Having 3 season ending injuries in a row, even to the all-time great Kobe is taxing. I can see him retiring after this season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Doesn't bode well for him playing more seasons, subjecting his body to constant major injuries.

2. There is simply no way to justify being paid the highest NBA salary from an actual on-court basis when you've missed so many games.

Luca can say all he wants, but it's Kobe's decision. Having 3 season ending injuries in a row, even to the all-time great Kobe is taxing. I can see him retiring after this season.

Kobe likened his situation to taking half court shots in his Muse documentary. I'm sure you've seen it.
That's why despite having 3 season ending injuries, I could see Luca being right.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe: “When do you know? It’s like when you’re standing at half court and you’re all taking half-court shots like goofing around. You make one, right, then ‘let me see if I can make another.’ Make another one. ‘Lemme see if I can make another one.’ Then you miss. You say, ‘well, I can’t end on a miss.’ Right. ‘So let me keep going.’ And so you make one, and you think, ‘well let me see if I can make another one.’ And it goes on and on and on. The cycle just repeats itself. So at what point do you say ‘enough is enough, it’s time to walk away from this thing.’ Right? I don’t know if that moment ever truly exists. It has to be — you kind of have to feel it inside yourself and be, ‘you know I’m ready to move on and do something else.'”

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe likened his situation to taking half court shots in his Muse documentary. I'm sure you've seen it.
That's why despite having 3 season ending injuries, I could see Luca being right.

Lakers have already given Kobe a legacy/loyalty deal. Not sure they're going to accede to another large contract demand. And we know Kobe, he isn't going to be paid like Manu or accept a lesser role either.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Kobe: “When do you know? It’s like when you’re standing at half court and you’re all taking half-court shots like goofing around. You make one, right, then ‘let me see if I can make another.’ Make another one. ‘Lemme see if I can make another one.’ Then you miss. You say, ‘well, I can’t end on a miss.’ Right. ‘So let me keep going.’ And so you make one, and you think, ‘well let me see if I can make another one.’ And it goes on and on and on. The cycle just repeats itself. So at what point do you say ‘enough is enough, it’s time to walk away from this thing.’ Right? I don’t know if that moment ever truly exists. It has to be — you kind of have to feel it inside yourself and be, ‘you know I’m ready to move on and do something else.'”

So in this analogy, as Kobe's health/durability diminishes, he's farther and farther away? So in his prime it was hitting a layup, now he's at the half court and missing more than even coming close to hitting? Not sure the Lakers will stake their rebuild on those odds. It's fine from Kobe's perspective, but even the Lakers may move on if Kobe wants too much in 2016.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lakers have already given Kobe a legacy/loyalty deal. Not sure they're going to accede to another large contract demand. And we know Kobe, he isn't going to be paid like Manu or accept a lesser role either.

If Kobe stays healthy next season, I'd bet on him getting an extension.
The $ would be based on his performance this upcoming season (whatever role that might be).
Mitch mentioned how he regretted losing Pau last offseason, I don't think he'd let the same thing happen with Kobe (especially after a healthy season).

I get what your saying big picture though yinoma. Kobe wont stay healthy next year.
But I'm still holding out hope. I think it would be good for Kobe and our franchise.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

So if you're the Lakers, after plopping down nearly $50m for Kobe, and he's "healthy" (assuming he can squeak by 60 games next season), then in the past 3 years, that's 1/3 relatively healthy seasons. I doubt the Lakers will tie up 2016 cap space with Kobe via an extension.

If anything, he'd have to play out the season first. Then the Lakers will re-evaluate.

If Kobe gets injured again (season ending), that may be it for the great Mamba.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: