What a difference a coach makes...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Lots of insane people on this board. I'll bet if I took the time to research your post history I would find that most of you predicted this roster to wind up in the lottery.

By the way Kobe is florishing this year because Phil took the ball out of his hands and that makes him harder to guard.

Last year Kobe brought the ball up court and teams would start traping him as soon as he crossed mid-court.

This year he is playing off the ball in the triangle and is getting more open or semi open shots.

Also anyone who doesn't think Phil is responsible for the Lakers going from 27th in defense last year to 10th this year is an idiot.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Rudy is a good coach OdomX2, no doubt. We were a pretty good team last year until Rudy quit and the injuries and chaos ensued.

But, we had an easy schedule in the 1st half last year too, and a game plan more conducive to Lamar Odom's style of play. Plus, we had more veterans and guys who could shoot consistently.

This year, we're already past the difficult part of the schedule, and are 23-20. We'll probably win at least 48 games, as long as Phil doesn't quit and Kobe/Lamar get hurt.

It's way too early to judge Phil, especially since he's never coached a team remotely this young and inexperienced before. I kind of admire how he's handling it so far.
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

as long as we are comparing, lets compare us to the spurs. the spurs got CRUSHED TWICE by this same pistons team. we actaully did better against the pistons than the spurs. oh yea, lets not forget the spurs have a talent filled roster with manu,parker,finely,nve,duncan, and bench/role players who actaully contribute and yet we did better then them. so i guess pjax is doing a horrible job with are roster full of all stars :roll:

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

And comparing this inexperienced team handed to Phil with the Pistons team handed to Flip is ludicrous.

Phil, Flip, and Rudy are all great coaches, and all three had different teams. I'm sure all three would have loved to have been given Flip's current team.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
bambam wrote:
odom, kobe wouldnt be playing the way he is without phil.

we all saw how good ( :roll: bad) kobe played last season without any organization and free regin to do as he wished.

Really? Kobe had more assists and rebounds last year. Similar shooting percentage. Are you saying that Kobe's scoring orgy this year is Phil Jackson's doing?

yet the team sucked balls w/ the most home games of any team and the most below 500 opponents. easiest schedule in the league.

WOW kobe had more ast's and more boards.. but he played pathetic basketball.
kobe shot maybe 40-41% until the allstar break last year.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
Lots of insane people on this board. I'll bet if I took the time to research your post history I would find that most of you predicted this roster to wind up in the lottery.

By the way Kobe is florishing this year because Phil took the ball out of his hands and that makes him harder to guard.

Last year Kobe brought the ball up court and teams would start traping him as soon as he crossed mid-court.

This year he is playing off the ball in the triangle and is getting more open or semi open shots.

Also anyone who doesn't think Phil is responsible for the Lakers going from 27th in defense last year to 10th this year is an idiot.

WHAT!!
dont say this.. you make odomx2 look clueless.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:

we all saw how good ( :roll: bad) kobe played last season without any organization and free regin to do as he wished.

What is the difference between Kobe shooting a lot now than Kobe shooting a lot last year? Last years problem was Chucky shooting instead of Kobe and then Chucky playing no defense. This difference between last year is that Chucky is replaced by Smush who plays defense but has no scoring consistency- hence - the records are almost the same as last year. So, it would be hard to credit anything to Jackson's coaching at this point. Chucky being gone cannot be credited to Phil improving the defense because the person causing tha breakdown is gone- a clear case of addition by subtraction

Last edited by Laker Lurker on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

this team had 11 road wins by end of december.

they didnt get their last and 13th road win until late march last year.

They will probably double that total with this less talented team.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

lakerzpimp08 wrote:
as long as we are comparing, lets compare us to the spurs. the spurs got CRUSHED TWICE by this same pistons team. we actaully did better against the pistons than the spurs. oh yea, lets not forget the spurs have a talent filled roster with manu,parker,finely,nve,duncan, and bench/role players who actaully contribute and yet we did better then them. so i guess pjax is doing a horrible job with are roster full of all stars :roll:

Detroit 85, San Antonio 70 (in Detroit) -- Spurs only 8 points in 1st Qtr

Detroit 83, San Antonio 68 (in San Antonio)

Last edited by critical_beatdown on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:

and if Kobe gets hurt...LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR. we'll end up at 13 road wins. (bleep) some of you still defend Jackson??? :roll:
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
bambam wrote:

What is the difference between Kobe shooting a lot now than Kobe shooting a lot last year? Last years problem was Chucky shooting instead of Kobe and then Chucky playing no defense. This difference between last year is that Chucky is replaced by Smush who plays defense but has no scoring consistency- hence - the records are almost the same as last year. So, it would be hard to credit anything to Jackson's coaching at this point.

yeah its so simple.

kobe is just shooting alot...
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
bambam wrote:

and if Kobe gets hurt...LIKE HE DID LAST YEAR. we'll end up at 13 road wins. (bleep) some of you still defend Jackson??? :roll:

:roll:

ok then..

what exactly do you expect

what is your dream scenario?

this ought to be good.

instead of talking out of you ass actually saying something worth reading.
"simply not true"
"wrong"
"what a load of bull"
"yay kobe"
"kobe isnt human thats all it is"
gets old...
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
lakerzpimp08 wrote:

thank you for the stats

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
bambam wrote:

ok then..

this ought to be good.

"simply not true"
"wrong"
"what a load of bull"
"yay kobe"
gets old...

How about the ZEN master and his 10 Million per, the only offseason Buss move, make Cook and Bynum and Kwame and Walton and Sasha and every other (bleep) player outside of Kobe...BETTER!!! I don't care about record, I want to see the players on this team get better. Really, without Jackson's favorite book topic, the Lakers would have 5 wins...
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Take it easy man...it's just a game, and it's not your money.

Quote:
How about the ZEN master and his 10 Million per, the only offseason Buss move, make Cook and Bynum and Kwame and Walton and Sasha and every other (bleep) player outside of Kobe...BETTER!!! I don't care about record, I want to see the players on this team get better. Really, without Jackson's favorite book topic, the Lakers would have 5 wins...

Last edited by critical_beatdown on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
lakerzpimp08 wrote:

Utah 92 Pistons 78 (in Utah)
Utah 94 Pistons 90 (in Detroit) [/u][/i][/b]
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I am stunned by the stupidity I have read here.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Funny how we should have beat Utah once, and had a good chance to beat them a second time in Utah, without Kobe, right before Utah went to Detroit and beat them.

Last edited by critical_beatdown on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What a difference a coach makes...

OdomX2 wrote:
Granted, Coach Saunders has a whole lot more to work with, but his team runs actual plays, they play off of each other, they know how to play defense and they turn it up at the most opportune times. I've long since been on record, contending that Phil Jackson was THE SINGLE MORE OVERRATED COACH in the HISTORY of the NBA. Nothing I've seen this year has led me to believe any different. Yes this team stinks, yes Smush and Sasha and Kwame belong in Siberia, but I see no effort, no heart, no execution...and that's the 10 million dollar a year man's fault.

Let's see of Saunders can prepares his team for the playoffs -- or will his Pistons be what a lot of teams end up -- that is great season teams which fizzle in the playoffs -- IF PJ was at the helm you would know he would prepare with the post season in mind.
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:
lakerzpimp08 wrote:

Utah 92 Pistons 78 (in Utah)
Utah 94 Pistons 90 (in Detroit) [/u][/i][/b]

and somehow if kobe is in our lineup we can own teh jazz

FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:

Let me ask you this. Who would you rather have coaching the team? Give me names of guys who don't have a head coaching job right now.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Rudy is a good coach?

Now I've heard it all.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
bambam wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
bambam wrote:

ok then..

this ought to be good.

"simply not true"
"wrong"
"what a load of bull"
"yay kobe"
gets old...

hmm
maybe buss should have hired the wizard of oz (as his only move....(anything else you wish to complain about))...

kwame needs some hands
cook needs athleticism
sasha needs athleticism
walton needs athleticism and shooting
bynum needs 3 years of experience

Phil, why couldnt you teach profit how to not injure his achilies?

damn.. its so easy.. Get with it phiL! odomx2 is so right.

you still ignore the fact that smush would be watching the games from home if he wasnt on the team
mihm is playing career ball, actually shows up on the road something he NEVER did last year
the team is up from 27th in the league in defense to 10th
they went from the easiest schedule to the 3rd hardest and were 1 game up until tonight.
have 11 road wins.. had only 13 all last season
there is a bunch of other crap i could write but you will still find something else to (bleep) about as long as you can prop up kobe and tear everyone else apart.

Last edited by bambam on Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

shnjb wrote:
Rudy is a good coach?

Now I've heard it all.

Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

Come on now, now people are saying Flip Saunders is such a great coach? Gimme a break. Flip had plenty of talent in Minne, and got out of the first round, ONCE!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: