Cops called for a foul in pickup basketball

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 5011
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Cops called for a foul in pickup basketball

https://twitter.com/liberiansoul/status/1019213541407100928
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 4857

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I might've called if this happened..
^you remember the story
https://deadspin.com/5243915/ron-artest-once-saw-a-guy-get-stabbed-in-the-heart-update-for-real

Did you see this craziness..
Madness: AAU Basketball Game Turns Into An All-Out Brawl Between Players And Referees!
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhuzl4xKnCWW6fQi3O
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26136
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

thinking that dude was a lawyer.....and has previously engaged in an ongoing debate with a friend relating to if a flagrant foul could be considered a crime....and he placed more value in proving his point than his self respect.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26136
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I might've called if this happened..
^you remember the story
https://deadspin.com/5243915/ron-artest-once-saw-a-guy-get-stabbed-in-the-heart-update-for-real

Did you see this craziness..
Madness: AAU Basketball Game Turns Into An All-Out Brawl Between Players And Referees!
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhuzl4xKnCWW6fQi3O


all class in the JBA...

https://youtu.be/V9yXN7mTScw
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 4868
Location: Southland Native

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I might've called if this happened..
^you remember the story
https://deadspin.com/5243915/ron-artest-once-saw-a-guy-get-stabbed-in-the-heart-update-for-real

Did you see this craziness..
Madness: AAU Basketball Game Turns Into An All-Out Brawl Between Players And Referees!
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhuzl4xKnCWW6fQi3O


all class in the JBA...

https://youtu.be/V9yXN7mTScw


I'm sure they run very strict background checks in the JBA.

The cost cutting has to come from somewhere...
_________________
Manchester United | Greatest European Moments
Romelu Lukaku - Welcome to United!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 11123
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Kinda OT but if the guy tells all the media replies that yes, you can use my footage for a fee, would they actually have to pay him? Is this how Twitter works? If so I'm definitely gonna get rich recording crazy (bleep) on the train through Oakland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2001
Posts: 5280

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Kinda OT but if the guy tells all the media replies that yes, you can use my footage for a fee, would they actually have to pay him? Is this how Twitter works? If so I'm definitely gonna get rich recording crazy (bleep) on the train through Oakland.


Twitter content that you own and posted to the platform is yours and copyrighted to you. However, by using Twitter, you give them royalty-free permission to have it on their platform and any other platform they own (i.e. others can re-tweet it, it may be embedded via Twitter onto other sites, etc). If a person wants to re-distribute the content on a non-Twitter-owned format, they need to get your permission as it's copyrighted to you. It's likely that if he says you can use the content, but for a fee, these companies would simply choose not to utilize it (since let's be honest, most of these media companies are using this content as filler on their sites, and typically not driving significant traffic/users because of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44543
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm wondering did the dude that call the cop go to jail? Seems he broke some kind of law.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 5011
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm wondering did the dude that call the cop go to jail? Seems he broke some kind of law.


Neither side wanted to press charges. Apparently it was a semi hard screen
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB