LAKERS vs CELTICS: Race to the next championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liam_x7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

The Celtics are ahead no doubt. They tore down their house and have started over from scratch, They didnt resign any of their ageing players to half the Salary cap or anything stupid like that, They ripped the whole thing down and have accumulated a ton of Draft Picks in the process, Thats the way it should be done,

We have the advantage in terms of Free Agency/Market size but the inept ability of our FO to sign a superstar yet still looms large in the background. They failed to keep Dwight and again stroke out last summer on anyone worth any significance.

Boston are doing it through the draft which will take time but they have a decent core and with those draft picks that they have acquired they could do a 07 type trade if they wanted to get back into instant contention. They have a plan which is plain to see, The Lakers dont know what to do at this stage

They havent done anything for a few years and with our personnel Roster and Coach you can see why. The team is garbage right now
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Boston doesn't really have anybody on their roster who I would want. They have a bunch of late first round picks. They are definitely ahead in coaching, that is about it.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Neither franchise is anywhere close. That being said we are about the same distance away and I wouldn't be shocked if we became contenders at the same time. We have the potentially best future piece in randle and are a better free agency destination. The celtics have a great coach, tons of picks they can try and develop or trade for a star, and a much easier conference. The way things are going we may see a laker celtics finals in 2021 lol.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

With Sports, you do not have to over analyze this question.

Boston has 12 more wins than us. They have a better record.

They are closer based upon the current make up of the team.

Will it change next year? We will see.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Of course the Celtics are ahead. Better coach, better FO, better players, more picks. Can Mitch do more with less? Maybe. I dont think that the Celtics will win a TITLE before us, but they will definitely be a GOOD TEAM before us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Caprice can keep their 1 title every 20 years plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Celtics have a great coach in the making.

We have...scott. Sigh.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Well if Isiah Thomas is their best player they're not far ahead.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

This sucks. They are in the playoffs and we had the worst record in franchise history. This is the new face of the Celtics franchise. He looks like a typical punk ass Celtic.
LINK
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This sucks. They are in the playoffs and we had the worst record in franchise history. This is the new face of the Celtics franchise. He looks like a typical punk ass Celtic.
LINK

Funny how this guy could have been a Laker but the FO instead decided that extending Jordan Hill and Nick Young was more important. Thomas wanted to be a Laker too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

Of course the Celts get to the playoffs before we would due to the weak East. I still put my money on the Lakers winning a championship first.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
32 wrote:
LINK

Funny how this guy could have been a Laker but the FO instead decided that extending Jordan Hill and Nick Young was more important. Thomas wanted to be a Laker too.

I also heard Thomas's Dad was a die hard Laker fan. He is probably going to win 6th man of the year.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
32 wrote:
LINK

I also heard Thomas's Dad was a die hard Laker fan. He is probably going to win 6th man of the year.

How do you think he got the name Isiah? His dad bet on his fav team the Lakers and lost to the Pistons in 89'.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Of course the Celts get to the playoffs before we would due to the weak East. I still put my money on the Lakers winning a championship first.

Weak east or not they are playing really good basketball right now and those young mutt players are buying into Brad Stevens system. I really hope you are right that the Lakers get the next one first.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

The thing is, both teams could go through a full re-build and still not win a championship. So just because one team has more perceived assets than another right now, or is perceived to be ahead in the re-building process doesn't really mean all that much.

Just look at the Clippers. They went through a complete re-build and they sucked for forever, but they still haven't come close to winning a championship. They've been second round fodder the last 3 years, and their best player is starting to get up there in age.
Retired Number
Retired Number

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
32 wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
32 wrote:
LINK

How do you think he got the name Isiah? His dad bet on his fav team the Lakers and lost to the Pistons in 89'.

Okay. I didn't know the full story behind it. Thanks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Weak east or not they are playing really good basketball right now and those young mutt players are buying into Brad Stevens system. I really hope you are right that the Lakers get the next one first.

They are, but I think we have a better chance of getting elite talent than they do. But their coach is light years ahead of Byron.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

^That's our biggest impediment; Byron.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

The fact they made the playoffs is exactly the wrong thing for them. Instead of getting a good pick in a strong draft class they are getting what mid 1st?

I know the Bristol based ESPN is heavily east coast biased, especially Boston teams or Yankees. They love their Celtics at ESPN. But can someone explain the gross overrating of Ainge and Morey even with ESPN and others?

Buford, Presti draft well, but what has Ainge really done? Al Jefferson? One pick in 20 years. I take JC, Randle, and top 5 pick over the entire Celtics team. Ask yourself this, would you trade JC for Smart? Hell no and that is the #6 pick. So essentially we got 2 potential lottery picks. I take our situation even with Jimbo over the Celts.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Look at their second half schedule. It's among the softest in the NBA.

They should've made the postseason in the atrocity that is the Eastern Conference.

They'll get swept by Cleveland and miss out on a top pick.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They should've made the postseason in the atrocity that is the Eastern Conference.

Whether it is weak or not, they are way ahead.

We have the 4th worse record. We are behind.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Boston is winning because of their coach, the roster isn't good and the picks are late. Were going to have Randle, Clarkson, top 5 pick, and 2 max slots in 2016.

The west will open up once Duncan and Dirk retires within 2 years. The east will still have the Cavs, Hawks, Pacers, and possibly Durant on the Wizards. Were going to win a championship before the Celtics.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

building a championship team is never a linear buildup. It is pre-conditioned on the acquisition of superstars. The day you get a superstar is the day your title chances go way up. Neither team has a superstar so I'd say neither team is anywhere near. Whoever obtains a superstar player next will have the upper hand.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course we're and we should be.

Our #1 pick broke his leg on opening night and best player played less than half a season.

The Celtics should have the better record, but let's be honest. In the West they win 25 games max.

They aren't that good.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course we're and we should be.

Our #1 pick broke his leg on opening night and best player played less than half a season.

The Celtics should have the better record, but let's be honest. In the West they win 25 games max.

They aren't that good.

No they should be worse than us. They traded their 2 best players in the middle of the season. Their coach is the real deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32
Jump to: