LAKERS vs CELTICS: Race to the next championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we are the tortoise and they are the hare.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Come on Laker fans. I know you are biased here but there is no way the Celtics and Lakers are in the same position because neither team will win the championship. That is like saying every team except Warriors, Spurs and Cavs is in the same position because they have little to no shot to win the championship. It's ridiculous.

I think the Celtics are doing a good job of contending now (one piece away) and building for the future with high draft picks.

I agree.

They still do not have a potential franchise player like we do in BI, but dang if they get a lotto pick next year, they can nab one.

I think Jaylen Brown is a potential franchise player and even Isaiah if he chooses to stay. Even Lakers fans were cheering for Jaylen when Boston was out there.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Celtics are closer.

It is pretty obvious.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Come on Laker fans. I know you are biased here but there is no way the Celtics and Lakers are in the same position because neither team will win the championship. That is like saying every team except Warriors, Spurs and Cavs is in the same position because they have little to no shot to win the championship. It's ridiculous.

I think the Celtics are doing a good job of contending now (one piece away) and building for the future with high draft picks.

I agree.

They still do not have a potential franchise player like we do in BI, but dang if they get a lotto pick next year, they can nab one.

Thomas is more of a franchise player than Brandon is likely to ever be honestly.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

Thomas is more of a franchise player than Brandon is likely to ever be honestly.

Disagree -- IT is a great player, but not someone you can build around. BI much more likely to become that.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

This is absolutely false. But hey, let's decide the ceilings for all 19 year olds in the league.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject:

This is a VERY depressing and should be locked up immediately.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

This is absolutely false. But hey, let's decide the ceilings for all 19 year olds in the league.

Just basing it on what i've seen from both players. Huge Duke fan so i've seen a lot of Brandon, his lack of ball handling just concerns me and i think it's going to really hold him back from being a franchise type player. I definitely wouldn't leap frog him over a guy like Thomas who has been really good for the Celtics.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

Just basing it on what i've seen from both players. Huge Duke fan so i've seen a lot of Brandon, his lack of ball handling just concerns me and i think it's going to really hold him back from being a franchise type player. I definitely wouldn't leap frog him over a guy like Thomas who has been really good for the Celtics.

I don't get it.
Dude went coast to coast a couple dozen times
He has advanced set-up moves for a 19 year old wing, enabling his favorite hesitation
dusting Durant
Crafty out of triple threat, with the jab crossover beating a guard
hesitation beating a guard, beating guys left often

Feel like a 10% improvement in quickness would make him absolutely unstoppable in the future (with natural ball handling maturation)
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

The Celtics have a chance to be good for the next 15 years (and be contenders for the majority of them.)

Meanwhile, we're still reminiscing about Kobe's last game in what was a meaningless game against Utah in the grand scheme of things. Meaningless in that it wasn't a Finals Game 7, it wasn't a Playoff game, it wasn't even a game to get us INTO the Playoffs. It was simply the last game of the man we sacrificed our future for.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

I just want to say I'm very low on Jaylen Brown. And they have to nail the next two drafts to be better than us in 4 years.
In the short-term, ya they could win the East in the next couple years if they add a big piece.. That would be mortgaging their future though.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

Disagree -- IT is a great player, but not someone you can build around. BI much more likely to become that.

Is Ingram even a good player yet? I mean, not that he isn't talented, but isn't it premature to be speculating on who is a "potential franchise player" - just by decree, apparently, based on where they were drafted - when it would make more sense to speculate on his potential to become a good player?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

Is Ingram even a good player yet? I mean, not that he isn't talented, but isn't it premature to be speculating on who is a "potential franchise player" - just by decree, apparently, based on where they were drafted - when it would make more sense to speculate on his potential to become a good player?

The counterpoint is that Ingram at least has potential to be a franchise player. Isaiah Thomas does not, because so much of his offensive impact (which is franchise player level good) is negated by him being a TERRIBLE defender. It's really hard to understate how awful he's been at defense.

He might be an overall plus contributor, because he's been so good on offense, but he's still a far cry from being a franchise player. And frankly, he'll never get there.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

the celtics have a better team and are in a much easier conference.

but lebron is going to be in the finals for the next 3-4 years.

after that time, the celtics can take his throne.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

The counterpoint is that Ingram at least has potential to be a franchise player. Isaiah Thomas does not, because so much of his offensive impact (which is franchise player level good) is negated by him being a TERRIBLE defender. It's really hard to understate how awful he's been at defense.

He might be an overall plus contributor, because he's been so good on offense, but he's still a far cry from being a franchise player. And frankly, he'll never get there.

He is the best player on the team that is number one in the conference, let me know when Brandon Ingram does anything close to that.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
tox wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

He is the best player on the team that is number one in the conference, let me know when Brandon Ingram does anything close to that.

Get out of here with that "number one" team crap, as if it means something

His "number one" team has 51 wins. I mean, good for them if that's their end goal, because he's close to maxed out as a player now. BI has the potential to be more than that, though, and he has a decent chance of realizing it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
tox wrote:
MickMgl wrote:

The point isn't where they are right now. The point is that BI can actually become a franchise player, whereas Isaiah can't.

You can make this same argument about any young player who has a plausible ceiling of franchise player -- they're more likely than Isaiah to get there, because IT will NEVER get there. His defense is just too terrible.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
tox wrote:
MickMgl wrote:

The point isn't where they are right now. The point is that BI can actually become a franchise player, whereas Isaiah can't.

You can make this same argument about any young player who has a plausible ceiling of franchise player -- they're more likely than Isaiah to get there, because IT will NEVER get there. His defense is just too terrible.

He has taken a team to a one seed, that is pretty incredible in my eyes. It's not all time great type achievements or anything, but it's still something incredible to do.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
tox wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
32 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

I agree.

Get out of here with that "number one" team crap, as if it means something

His "number one" team has 51 wins. I mean, good for them if that's their end goal, because he's close to maxed out as a player now. BI has the potential to be more than that, though, and he has a decent chance of realizing it.

Sorry if it doesn't mean anything to you, but leading a team to a one seed isn't easy and shouldn't be downplayed, it's very hard to do especially when you are in a conference against a team like Cleveland has. I think Kyrie Irving is amazing, but give Thomas, Lebron and Love and see what happens. Heck give Thomas Love and Irving and see what happens, say what you will but my hat is off to Thomas and what he has done this season, Brandon has a long way to go if he ever hopes to have a better season.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject:

As currently constructed, I see us having a higher ceiling, they have a higher floor. What spells the difference for me will be the next two years of moves: we have 1 more high lotto (they have 2), and we each have a big FA likely coming in.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Hate this crossed my mind....But...Could it be that Danny Ainge is the new Jerry West?

Wasn't long ago that the celtics were stinking it up like our Lakers... Even tho Brad Stevens was a darn good college coach, I laughed when he was hired by Ainge...I will admit... I'm a bitter Laker fan an am wondering.... What is it that boston/ Ainge done/doing that we didn't? Is Ainge just that good?

Or basically ....was it plain n simple us had having Jim Buss? I need answers...This is frustrating
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hate this crossed my mind....But...Could it be that Danny Ainge is the new Jerry West?

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
Wasn't long ago that the celtics were stinking it up like our Lakers... Even tho Brad Stevens was a darn good college coach, I laughed when he was hired by Ainge...I will admit... I'm a bitter Laker fan an am wondering.... What is it that boston/ Ainge done/doing that we didn't? Is Ainge just that good?

Or basically ....was it plain n simple us had having Jim Buss? I need answers...This is frustrating

They got an absolute gem in Isaiah Thomas.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Celtics need to add a superstar. Although doubtful, maybe Jaylen Brown becomes that. Or maybe they pick one up with Brooklyn's first round pick this summer, or they trade for Butler or George. However, without that addition, they aren't winning a title IMO.

I think the Lakers are in year three (going into year 4) of the rebuild... which has been prolonged a bit due to keeping Kobe around. Boston is in year 4, going into year 5. They were 48-34 last year, and lost in the 1st round. It's possible we could have a similar result next year.

Right now, I agree the Lakers have a higher ceiling than the Celtics, but I would say this summer may dictate a lot of that potential for both teams.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

celtics youth getting Playoff experience probably going to get fultz this year and Bamba or Fox in 2018. they are much further along than us.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I saw some chatter in the Celtics board, about interest in Gordon Hayward. Interestingly, the Grousebecks invested in an e-Sports team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 22 of 32
Jump to: