LAKERS vs CELTICS: Race to the next championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Apparently, in 2018 we will clear out the last hurdle preventing the Celtics from being in the Finals every year for like a decade.

that's why screw Lebron, let him stays in the East.

We will be fine with Ball, WB, PG, BI, Zubac
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, this sucks when was the last time they were this much better than us? Mid 70s I think
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
So Celtics take Cavs to 6, instead of 5. No biggy.

Isn't Lebron turning 33 this year? They're probably banking on him declining enough in a couple years to get over on the Cavs.

Lebron doesn't age. He's impervious to the laws of nature for whatever reason. He's a genetic freak.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Boston is the only team in the East who has really improved. Still, they aren't going to win a title. They now have a chance to go to the Finals, but, honestly, that's contingent on the Cavs having injury issues and/or just losing out of fatigue. I'd argue that the Cavs' top 3 players are all better than anyone on the Celtics, assuming Thomas falls back to Earth a bit next season. To truly compete, Boston needs one more addition.

Top Five Trades for the Celtics Could/Should Make

1. Celtics - Thunder: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for Paul George
*This trade saves Boston $3 million to use toward Hayward.

2. Celtics - Grizzlies: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jordan Mickey and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for Marc Gasol

3. Celtics - Suns: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, Jordan Mickey, Darius Jackson and Boston's late 1st round pick for Brandon Knight and Tyson Chandler

4. Celtics - Clippers: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jordan Mickey and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for DeAndre Jordan

5. Celtics - Pistons: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jordan Mickey and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for Andre Drummond

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum and now Hayward can take turn taking LeBron. Unless K.Love and Kyrie outplay Horford and Isaiah, I'd give Boston a chance in this series
lakerfan2012
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

They have a slightly higher chance of being swept by the Warriors in the finals now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Boston is the only team in the East who has really improved. Still, they aren't going to win a title. They now have a chance to go to the Finals, but, honestly, that's contingent on the Cavs having injury issues and/or just losing out of fatigue. I'd argue that the Cavs' top 3 players are all better than anyone on the Celtics, assuming Thomas falls back to Earth a bit next season. To truly compete, Boston needs one more addition.

1. Celtics - Thunder: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for Paul George

2. Celtics - Grizzlies: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jordan Mickey and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for Marc Gasol

3. Celtics - Suns: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, Jordan Mickey, Darius Jackson and Boston's late 1st round pick for Brandon Knight and Tyson Chandler

4. Celtics - Clippers: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jordan Mickey and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for DeAndre Jordan

5. Celtics - Pistons: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown, Jordan Mickey and the Lakers/King's 1st round pick for Andre Drummond

I'd take Gordon Hayward over either Kevin Love or Kyrie. He was the best two way player on a 50+ win team in the West. The few times Lebron has been out, both Love/Kyrie have been all but useless. That said, short of Lebron going down, I still don't think that's enough to get by the Cavs.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I still don't think Hayward puts them over the edge of defeating Cleveland. Acquiring George/Butler/Griffin along with Hayward might have, but I still think this team is one more all star away from making the Finals.
Jiggling Jello
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

We'll have to see if Isaiah Thomas will be 100% healthy and in good playing condition by the playoffs and if Ante Zizic can shore up some of their rebounding woes.
Shecky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
I still don't think Hayward puts them over the edge of defeating Cleveland. Acquiring George/Butler/Griffin along with Hayward might have, but I still think this team is one more all star away from making the Finals.

You're probably right but I don't view CLE as being in a great place right now; if they do nothing from here on they're vulnerable. Boston added an AS forward heading into his prime years along with the #3 overall pick and all they lost (of marginal consequence) was Kelly Olynik. Still don't think they beat CLE but they're certainly in the neighborhood now.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
So Celtics take Cavs to 6, instead of 5. No biggy.

Isn't Lebron turning 33 this year? They're probably banking on him declining enough in a couple years to get over on the Cavs.

Lebron doesn't age. He's impervious to the laws of nature for whatever reason. He's a genetic freak.

Father Time is undefeated. I bet in 2-3 seasons, injuries will start to be a big issue for him. The only thing I'm concerned about is Boston benefiting from his eventual fall.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

With the Warriors and Cavs being so great, the Celtics are a distant 3rd in my opinion. They might even be behind the Thunder and Rockets.

The Celtics won't win a ring for another 4-5 years when the Warriors get old/ disbanded and Lebron starts regressing.

Even though they are much better than us right now, they aren't going to win anything any time soon.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
With the Warriors and Cavs being so great, the Celtics are a distant 3rd in my opinion. They might even be behind the Thunder and Rockets.

The Celtics won't win a ring for another 4-5 years when the Warriors get old/ disbanded and Lebron starts regressing.

Even though they are much better than us right now, they aren't going to win anything any time soon.
Agreed
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

I can see celtics getting to the finals tbh
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I can see celtics getting to the finals tbh

No doubt, they have the players. But winning a 'chip in the near future is doubtful.
It may take a year or two for them to gel together but they are in a good position (unfortunately ).
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I'd take Gordon Hayward over either Kevin Love or Kyrie. He was the best two way player on a 50+ win team in the West. The few times Lebron has been out, both Love/Kyrie have been all but useless. That said, short of Lebron going down, I still don't think that's enough to get by the Cavs.

What KLeonard aka the claw says hello ..
how about Durant? Conley?Hayeard was hood but that is hyperbole ...
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Shecky wrote:
The Logo wrote:

You're probably right but I don't view CLE as being in a great place right now; if they do nothing from here on they're vulnerable. Boston added an AS forward heading into his prime years along with the #3 overall pick and all they lost (of marginal consequence) was Kelly Olynik. Still don't think they beat CLE but they're certainly in the neighborhood now.

The games will certainly be more competitive but the Cavs blew out the Celtics in 3 of the 5 games, including a 44 point win in game 2 and a 33 point win in game 5. They also were up by 21 in game 3 before the Celtics rallied back. Getting someone like Gasol will help them, but I think they dropped the ball by not being more proactive pursuing George/Butler. Also I don't really see Tatum getting much burn aside from bench minutes, given Crowder and Hayward will start and close out games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

What are the Celtics going to do about IT, Smart and Bradley's impending extensions in 2018?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Race? Really?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What are the Celtics going to do about IT, Smart and Bradley's impending extensions in 2018?

My guess is they try to dangle Smart to clear up cap and not have to worry about paying all three of them
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

My guess is they try to dangle Smart to clear up cap and not have to worry about paying all three of them

Will they really pay IT 30m/year and Bradley 20m+/year? I think one more of them will be traded too.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Rumor is that the Celtics have apprehended my Gasol idea and are going after him. If they get Gasol, that may make them a contender in the East. Assuming good health, I would still take the Cavs, but it would bring them closer.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

It's close but I think the Celtics win the east.

The best two players are both on the Cavs (Lebron/Love) they also have Irving.

The Celtics have: Smart IT Hayward Crowder Johnson Tatum and Harford. That team is loaded with talent and coached by Brad Stevens
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject:

That's why I'm thinking. Celtics will still go down in 5 or 6 , but it will be a closer series with less blow outs.

If they land Gasol, I take the Cavs in a 6 or 7 game tough series.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Will they really pay IT 30m/year and Bradley 20m+/year? I think one more of them will be traded too.

Maybe Isaiah takes less than the max, but I can see Bradley hopping to another team if he gets close to a max from another team
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 28 of 32
Jump to: