LAKERS vs CELTICS: Race to the next championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Ainge is a moron tho, trust me he'll find a way to not win a championship

They're not getting Durant. Horford gets them into 2nd round purgatory in the east. So no need to fret.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Even with a combo of Thomas, Durant, Horford that isn't enough to win a championship. And winning now will go at the expense of the youth this preventing them from winning later as well as now.

Lakers have a better chance to win a ship if Russell or Ingram develop into superstar status. Celtics will win more now but if the ultimate goal is a championship, we both aren't winning now anyways

Thus Lakers > Celtics in regards to likelihood to win a championship first.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

They're not getting Durant. Horford gets them into 2nd round purgatory in the east. So no need to fret.

U forget they probably getting #1 pick too
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

We got this...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

TRU DAT x2
Scitlecman
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
We got this...

Uh, no. We don't got this. Being objective, the Celtics are in a much better position now and for the future.

Lakers wasted the last 3 off-seasons thinking the big FA's would fall right into our hands. That hasn't happened and there's no reason to think it will change anytime soon.

Now with social media, players realize they can be big money stars in any city. The advantage the largest TV markets like LA, NYC, and CHI had is fading away.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Scitlecman wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We got this...

Uh, no. We don't got this. Being objective, the Celtics are in a much better position now and for the future.

Lakers wasted the last 3 off-seasons thinking the big FA's would fall right into our hands. That hasn't happened and there's no reason to think it will change anytime soon.

Now with social media, players realize they can be big money stars in any city. The advantage the largest TV markets like LA, NYC, and CHI had is fading away.

Really? As of right now give me a roster breakdown of Boston and where you project their players to be in the next 3-5 years vs the lakers roster. Right now outside of jaylen brown and possibly Avery Bradley, none of their players project even to be above average starters in the NBA In 2020 their best player, Isaiah is in his prime right now.

Dlo at the very least will be a good pg in this league, randle is not even that skilled and averaged a double double in his rookie year and Ingram is the most talented player on either team, by a lot.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Scitlecman wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We got this...

Really? As of right now give me a roster breakdown of Boston and where you project their players to be in the next 3-5 years vs the lakers roster. Right now outside of jaylen brown and possibly Avery Bradley, none of their players project even to be above average starters in the NBA In 2020 their best player, Isaiah is in his prime right now.

Dlo at the very least will be a good pg in this league, randle is not even that skilled and averaged a double double in his rookie year and Ingram is the most talented player on either team, by a lot.

Is Smart better than Marcus Banks?
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

They're in a better position than we are for sure, but we're both still miles away
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject:

Have you ever wondered that Lakers and Celtics are mostly on top together?
So I think, when Lakers get back on track the Celts will be relevant too.

The rivalry revived.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Have you ever wondered that Lakers and Celtics are mostly on top together?
So I think, when Lakers get back on track the Celts will be relevant too.

The rivalry revived.

I personally don't have much confidence that a Jim Buss led team will be back on track anytime soon.

As Laker fans, this is a low point for us.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject:

Celtics have no potential stars. The Lakers have a few.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject:

As is, they aren't beating the elite teams in a series. If they get KD, they become one of the elite teams.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject:

Celtics will be fringe contenders but I don't see them elevating themselves to the next level.

The lakers are far below them now but their ceiling I feel is much higher just in terms of star potential.

I'd take the lakers situation but its pretty close.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Scitlecman wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We got this...

You it right on the head, you can say the Celtics is in a better position now, but in the future? Not even close. If you project out their young players vs ours, there is no comparison. You can say the Celtics have a lot of picks coming, but look at Ainge's draft history vs Mitch and Ryan West.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Good Lord, you must be merciful for not allowing our luck to become THAT sour. Whew.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

Glad KD didn't go to the Celtics. (bleep) Boston.
BillBridges
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

With Durant signing with GS, a championship for the Lakers or Celtics is a moot point for 5 years. Agree of disagree, the Lakers mortgaged their future with the Nash trade trying to win a final ring for Dr. Buss
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Scitlecman wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We got this...

Sigh. Y'all are never gonna stop underrating Smart and there other young guys are you?
SOLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
Scitlecman wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
We got this...

You it right on the head, you can say the Celtics is in a better position now, but in the future? Not even close. If you project out their young players vs ours, there is no comparison. You can say the Celtics have a lot of picks coming, but look at Ainge's draft history vs Mitch and Ryan West.

In addition to Jalen Brown and their two other first round picks this year, the Celts have the Nets picks for the next two years. That's huge. Plus they get the Clippers pick in 2019 or 2020 (can't remember which year). They also will be players in free agency next year. They can compete while still adding high level young pieces. That's an amazing position to be in.

The Lakers didn't receive anything in return for Odom, Gasol and Howard. That hurt. Even if the Lakers had received a late first rounder for each guy, they would be in such a better position than they find themselves to be in now.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Believe it or not, KD choosing GSW was thee best move for us long term. I literally danced when I heard the news to be honest. Time will reveal what I mean... And I mean years down the road too. Consider "Basketball Reasons" avenged today on multiple levels and over multiple teams that played a part in 12/8/2011. I *LOVE* This Game.

Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Believe it or not, KD choosing GSW was thee best move for us long term. I literally danced when I heard the news to be honest. Time will reveal what I mean... And I mean years down the road too. Consider "Basketball Reasons" avenged today on multiple levels and over multiple teams that played a part in 12/8/2011. I *LOVE* This Game.

I don't understand why you think this is great. Please elaborate. I'd love to share your enthusiasm.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:

Unless Boston trades for Westbrook.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:

I don't understand why you think this is great. Please elaborate. I'd love to share your enthusiasm.

Too fluid and intricate for me to sit down and type out the reasons... Just trust me on this. I'm not looking at 2-3 years either. I'm talking about the 2020s bro. This move today is a 5 year+ move similar to the Veto. I'm excited.

Shecky
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

So the Celtics young players (J Brown, Smart, etc..) are all stiffs while the Lakers young guys are all burgeoning studs? I'll buy that Ingram may be the best of 'em all, though I think Brown's overall skill level bears watching. Russell and Randle? I still have to see more and I have real question about Russell's game translating to wins. All totaled, I'd say the Lakers have higher ceiling guys but Boston has a number of more "good" young players.
In any event, the first thing the young Lakers have to do is start playing "winning basketball" and not piling up useless stats while losing by 20 points. With 48 wins last year, safe to say Boston has a head start on them.
I'd also take Boston's coach over Walton (though Walton needs at least a season before fairly judging that).
Most noteworthy, the Celtics draft picks coming up from NJ, which could very well be top 3 in the next two drafts, if not #1 overall. And by every indication, the Lakers #1 pick in 2017 will finally be going to Philly.
Might need to reassess which team has the brighter future.
BTW, Ainge got Isaiah Thomas for Marcus Thornton (i.e. nothing) and CLE's 1st round pick, #28 overall (i.e. nothing). A moron, huh?

Last edited by Shecky on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 15 of 32
Jump to: