LAKERS vs CELTICS: Race to the next championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
even if Boston makes it to the Finals, the West team will smoke them. And guys like Horford and possibly Thomas will be on the decline before their draft picks hit their prime. I don't see them winning a championship anytime soon. If we keep our pick, I like our chances better than theirs 4-5 years from now. They won't beat the Western conference representative in the next several years.

If we don't keep our pick, then we are effed. But the silver lining is that Philly would be absolutely stacked, much more-so than Boston, so they would prevent Boston from doing damage in the future.

If they get Hayward man...
Hayward, a Top-4 pick this year, and they still have the Brooklyn 2018 pick (not a swap).
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Ainge would have dealt Kobe for six 1st rounds. They are more practical, and less sentimental in Boston. Not just Mitch, but even Jerry West wasn't good at dealing aging vets. West had nothing to show for the Showtime Lakers. They either walked away or retired.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Ainge would have dealt Kobe for six 1st rounds. They are more practical, and less sentimental in Boston. Not just Mitch, but even Jerry West wasn't good at dealing aging vets. West had nothing to show for the Showtime Lakers. They either walked away or retired.
Maybe, maybe not. You can't compare the LA's loyalty to Kobe to Pierce/ KG. It's not close to the same level. If Ainge dealt Kobe in LA while Kobe was still a Top-5 MVP candidate, he'd be run out of town period.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Once Lebron gets old (another 2 or 3 seasons) Boston will take over in the East. It makes me sick to think they could get both Hayward and Josh Jackson.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. You can't compare the LA's loyalty to Kobe to Pierce/ KG. It's not close to the same level. If Ainge dealt Kobe in LA while Kobe was still a Top-5 MVP candidate, he'd be run out of town period.

Well of course he would be run out of town. He would in Boston too, but KG and Pierce weren't top 5 mvp candidates.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
tox wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Well of course he would be run out of town. He would in Boston too, but KG and Pierce weren't top 5 mvp candidates.
Which is why I don't think Ainge would have traded Kobe, lol.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

A whole lot of people mocked the Celtics claiming they would remain a middle of the pack team the way they were handling their team. Now look at them on the verge of being a number one seed and still improving.

I wish the Lakers would take on the develop young players but also make trades and improve in every way possible approach. I don't like the idea of sitting around waiting for a once in a lifetime player while being one of the worst teams in the league.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
dao wrote:
even if Boston makes it to the Finals, the West team will smoke them. And guys like Horford and possibly Thomas will be on the decline before their draft picks hit their prime. I don't see them winning a championship anytime soon. If we keep our pick, I like our chances better than theirs 4-5 years from now. They won't beat the Western conference representative in the next several years.

If we don't keep our pick, then we are effed. But the silver lining is that Philly would be absolutely stacked, much more-so than Boston, so they would prevent Boston from doing damage in the future.

If they get Hayward man...
Hayward, a Top-4 pick this year, and they still have the Brooklyn 2018 pick (not a swap).

Let's be honest, it's a Top-3 pick this year, and again next year, while also having capspace, the BEST young coach. All these while being the top seed in the East.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject:

Isaiah thomas is a top player but hes a kind of player that carries you to the high levels but when the team reach that levels they have to carry him. Since hes underpaid now it doesnt matter that much and this is why i thnk Ainge wont wanna give him the max and will try to trade him.

As for the topic yeah with that roster and picks coming from Nets they can have a roster that can stay as contender for next 5 to 10 years depending on their roster moves and eventually make some finals during that period.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

That was a once in a lifetime stupid move from the Nets, that no one else was or will be able to replicate. Nor even Ainge.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject:

Boston winning.

We're still at the kiddie table while Boston has not o my improved, but is about to get another top pick.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

They are at least 3 years ahead of us right now. Everything is going there way. They have so many options this summer to land a star player. Many assets/draft picks to turn a trade or enough cap space to sign a top free agent. With a little luck we can make up ground. Let's hope we are the tortoise and they are the hare.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

The Celtics can kiss my ass. It's not guaranteed they'll be able to win a chip even with Top-3 pick this year, and again next year, while also having capspace, the BEST young coach.
DLo and BI can turn out to be the best player out of both squad so they might have a leg up now but the race for Championship is still running
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

The Celtics have Thomas (mvp discussion this year) and Horford (2 time all star). If they get George/Butler or Hayward this summer they will have there own big 3. They could beat anybody including the Cavs, Warriors or Spurs.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Isaiah Thomas will be in his final year under contract next year, and then he'll be seeking probably 30 million. C's gonna pay that? With all the guys (Smart, Jalen, their #1, their Nets pick the following year) they gotta pay over the next few years? Not sure they'll have that "Big 3" for very long.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The Celtics have Thomas (mvp discussion this year) and Horford (2 time all star). If they get George/Butler or Hayward this summer they will have there own big 3. They could beat anybody including the Cavs, Warriors or Spurs.

I think the playoffs will show why IT isn't a "big 3" guy.

Horford is naturally declining and isn't really a "big 3" guy either.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:

I wonder in a completely uninformed hearsay way if they are a 2004 Pistons type team. Bunch of quality players with good D and cohesion who take advantage of more talented teams that are in slight disarray or injured.

I don't know anything about how Boston plays except that writers have said they have good D => uninformed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:

I wonder in a completely uninformed hearsay way if they are a 2004 Pistons type team. Bunch of quality players with good D and cohesion who take advantage of more talented teams that are in slight disarray or injured.

I don't know anything about how Boston plays except that writers have said they have good D => uninformed

In terms of who I trust in the playoffs:

Chauncey >>>> IT
Rip >>>> Bradley
Prince >>>> Crowder
Rasheed >> Horford
Wallace >>>> Celtics rotation at center.

That Pistons team didn't have any weaknesses defensively. IT will get punished mercilessly in the playoffs when starters play more minutes. He will be taken out of games accordingly.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

As much as I like Horford, he's averaging 14/7/5 with a block per game. Good player? Yes, he does everything you want out of a modern NBA center. Is he part of a "Big 3" though? I don't think so.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
deal wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Boston's not gonna win the championship this year lol

Does it matter? They're first we're last; if there was a race to contend...we LOST.

Last I checked you the goal of the league is to win championships, not arbitrarily contend when said team has a ghost of a chance to go to the Finals

Your right the race was to the chip. But based on the fact that we are dead last and they're not; they certainly are kicking our but at this point in time...
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
The Logo wrote:
deal wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Boston's not gonna win the championship this year lol

Does it matter? They're first we're last; if there was a race to contend...we LOST.

Last I checked you the goal of the league is to win championships, not arbitrarily contend when said team has a ghost of a chance to go to the Finals

Your right the race was to the chip. But based on the fact that we are dead last and they're not; they certainly are kicking our but at this point in time...

If they continue to "kick our butt" and continue to stay at 17 championships, I don't care. I'm not worried about the Celtics winning a championship this year.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
focus wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:

In terms of who I trust in the playoffs:

Chauncey >>>> IT
Rip >>>> Bradley
Prince >>>> Crowder
Rasheed >> Horford
Wallace >>>> Celtics rotation at center.

That Pistons team didn't have any weaknesses defensively. IT will get punished mercilessly in the playoffs when starters play more minutes. He will be taken out of games accordingly.

Well-rebutted. That Pistons team does look pretty great seeing the names again. Would beat the Cavs this year.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Boston winning.

We're still at the kiddie table while Boston has not o my improved, but is about to get another top pick.

We simply have a long way to go at this point compared to the Celtics.

They made incredible moves while we struggled with our FO.

Hopefully, the new kids on the block will make a change.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

Why are the Celtics even a topic around here?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:

Well he has carried the team on his back this season so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets fatigued at some point during the playoffs. That being said I think he is a big 3 guy.

Last edited by 32 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 19 of 32
Jump to: