LAKERS vs CELTICS: Race to the next championship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. I see Bradley leaving for a max with another team.

Hayward and IT is a solid 1-2 punch, but not enough to get by Lebronze
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What are the Celtics going to do about IT, Smart and Bradley's impending extensions in 2018?

This. Eventually, the salary cap will bite them too.

--Anonymous
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Who starts at the 4 if they deal Crowder in the S&T? I feel like Smart is the most reasonable option to be traded rather than Crowder/Bradley
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@celtics

Jayson Tatum on Kobe: "Yeah, that's my favorite player... At least he was until I came to the Celtics."

#WellPlayed
👌🏽

AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Quote:
@celtics

Jayson Tatum on Kobe: "Yeah, that's my favorite player... At least he was until I came to the Celtics."

#WellPlayed
👌🏽

Dang. He looks good. Seems like Ingram with some meat on him.
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Tatum looks better than Ingram already. Superior frame, athleticism and mentality.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Quote:
@celtics

#WellPlayed
👌🏽

Dang. He looks good. Seems like Ingram with some meat on him.

except Ingram is 3 positions longer.
Tatum's got the moves.. Ingram is more explosive though. I personally also heavily prefer Tatum's jumper/form.
Still think Ingram should be a tier above as a prospect. Tatum's athleticism isn't above average
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

Arsenal wrote:
Tatum looks better than Ingram already. Superior frame, athleticism and mentality.

how in the hell is that though? Because he has a couple of open lane dunks? He's not quick at all, at all - while Ingram can stride, is dynamic with the ball in transition. Ingram dunks on people in hoards.
Tatum is not an above avg athlete, leaping wise he may be. But it's nothing special there.
Ingram's potentially an elite athlete.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

The more I hear about the Hayward S&T or whatever it ends up being.. the worse it looks for Boston.

If Boston has to give up Smart, Bradley and Crowder, then they lose all of their depth.

If they field I.T, Hayward and a bunch of sorry role players, then they'll get swept by the Cavs or lose in 5.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Arsenal wrote:

Wait until he goes up against Kawhi or Giannis instead of fringe NBA talent. Any summer league assessment can be filed in the nearest trash bin when the season starts. You'll be in for a shock, as none of those things you mentioned are true.
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Wait until he goes up against Kawhi or Giannis instead of fringe NBA talent. Any summer league assessment can be filed in the nearest trash bin when the season starts. You'll be in for a shock, as none of those things you mentioned are true.

Hope I'm wrong. We'll see starting tomorrow since the same trash will be playing against LAL in Vegas.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
The more I hear about the Hayward S&T or whatever it ends up being.. the worse it looks for Boston.

If Boston has to give up Smart, Bradley and Crowder, then they lose all of their depth.

If they field I.T, Hayward and a bunch of sorry role players, then they'll get swept by the Cavs or lose in 5.

They don't have to give them all up to get Hayward. They only give them all up if they get Gasol too.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Arsenal wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Hope I'm wrong. We'll see starting tomorrow since the same trash will be playing against LAL in Vegas.

You're right, and I hoping he'll do very well. I've just tempered my expectations after watching guys like Anthony Randolph, Glenn Rice Jr, Adam Morrison, Smush Parker dominate the summer league. I believe the way Ingram finished the season against NBA competition is much more pertinent to how he'll begin the next.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

THE REASON THE CELTICS ARE SO FAR AHEAD OF THE LAKERS

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
So Celtics take Cavs to 6, instead of 5. No biggy.

Isn't Lebron turning 33 this year? They're probably banking on him declining enough in a couple years to get over on the Cavs.

Lebron doesn't age. He's impervious to the laws of nature for whatever reason. He's a genetic freak.

Father Time is undefeated. I bet in 2-3 seasons, injuries will start to be a big issue for him. The only thing I'm concerned about is Boston benefiting from his eventual fall.

I feel like you're right, but I also feel like Lebron doesn't abide by natures laws. First player to average a triple double in the finals at age 32. Even if he did drop off, a worse Lebron is still better than 95% of the league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Isn't Lebron turning 33 this year? They're probably banking on him declining enough in a couple years to get over on the Cavs.

Lebron doesn't age. He's impervious to the laws of nature for whatever reason. He's a genetic freak.

Father Time is undefeated. I bet in 2-3 seasons, injuries will start to be a big issue for him. The only thing I'm concerned about is Boston benefiting from his eventual fall.

I feel like you're right, but I also feel like Lebron doesn't abide by natures laws. First player to average a triple double in the finals at age 32. Even if he did drop off, a worse Lebron is still better than 95% of the league.

Wherever LeBron goes championships follow.

DO IT MAGIC

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Whats interesting is OKC just did the exact same thing with the PG trade but no whiny babies crying in Clevelan, Dallas or Charlotte this time.

OKC atoned for a 3y/60M contract to a #2 bust Oladipo and got the best player. Dumped bad K, saved $, and got the top talent. How is this really diff from CP3 trade?
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Celtics are overrated. Hayward is no superstar, no top 15 player.

If Rondo didn't get hurt , they would have been swept in the first round by a terrible Bulls team. Cavs have embarassed them in a way I rarely have seen in the history of the NBA.

They still have a lot of assets and young guys, but they will lose all their veterans before the young guys are good enough. Also, I don't see a superstar yet between them. They have no Durant+Westbrook + Harden that OKC drafted or Curry + Thompson + Green that GS drafted. Not even close for now.

Ainge needs to give away his assets and try to beat Cavs and Warriors now ( very, very difficult to do) or he needs to rebuild like everybody else, since he still has no superstars...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Whats interesting is OKC just did the exact same thing with the PG trade but no whiny babies crying in Clevelan, Dallas or Charlotte this time.

OKC atoned for a 3y/60M contract to a #2 bust Oladipo and got the best player. Dumped bad K, saved $, and got the top talent. How is this really diff from CP3 trade?

The league doesn't own the Thunder or the Pacers.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Better medical tech and understanding, less allowable contact, more rest, career effectiveness excluding major injuries has been extended an extra year every few years. It'll hit a plateau but 35 is the new 32.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Better medical tech and understanding, less allowable contact, more rest, career effectiveness excluding major injuries has been extended an extra year every few years. It'll hit a plateau but 35 is the new 32.

I'd add PEDs.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

Well, thanks to the warriors and the Cavs, neither team is winning a chip anytime soon.
Celtics won one championship in the last 2 decade with 3 hall of famers, there is no one on this Celtics team will be a HOF
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Well, thanks to the warriors and the Cavs, neither team is winning a chip anytime soon.
Celtics won one championship in the last 2 decade with 3 hall of famers, there is no one on this Celtics team will be a HOF

That's why the goal is always trying to get marquee players who are definite HOF or develop your own if you think they have what it takes. And that's what our FO is doing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The league doesn't own the Thunder or the Pacers.

I'm more inclined to believe Gilbert's email had more to do with the veto than Stern being a owner.

David Stern explains why he vetoed the Chris Paul, Lakers trade five years ago

LINK

Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

They just lost Avery Bradley, who was their best defender and two-way player

Cavs in four, if Boston is able to advance...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 29 of 32
Jump to: