Derek Fisher Files For Divorce From Wife Of 10 Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I never imagined Fish would end up one of those broke athletes but unless he finds another way to continue making substantial income I can see it happening to him in the future. He earned decent money as a player but his highest earning years were only at MLE level.

my bet is he pays that level for a few years at most while he hides his assets. Then he will go back to court and ask for a reduction based on reduced assets/income.
LakerLuke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
I understand people have very strong feelings about child support and alimony. The raw numbers when marriages dissolve can be mindblowing. But Fish will get no sympathy from me. You trade up, you pay up.

Child support is a separate issue from alimony.

I don't even like Fisher anymore, but who cares if he's going out with someone else? That's what everyone does after breaking up with someone. You move on to someone else. In principle why should he be charged for it?

I dont follow Fishes personal life and wont pretend to know all the facts but his divorce didnt seem like it was just a mutual breakup where he then moved on with someone else... it looked like straight abandonment where he dumped his family to go chase younger chicks. That is a jerk move.

People break up every day with one person being the bad guy. I don't see how one being the scumbag justifies monetary compensation.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Alimony is dumb, you don't deserve financial compensation for not being married to someone anymore.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerLuke wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerLuke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
I understand people have very strong feelings about child support and alimony. The raw numbers when marriages dissolve can be mindblowing. But Fish will get no sympathy from me. You trade up, you pay up.

Child support is a separate issue from alimony.

I don't even like Fisher anymore, but who cares if he's going out with someone else? That's what everyone does after breaking up with someone. You move on to someone else. In principle why should he be charged for it?

I dont follow Fishes personal life and wont pretend to know all the facts but his divorce didnt seem like it was just a mutual breakup where he then moved on with someone else... it looked like straight abandonment where he dumped his family to go chase younger chicks. That is a jerk move.

People break up every day with one person being the bad guy. I don't see how one being the scumbag justifies monetary compensation.

the monetary compensation is going to happen regardless. It just makes me feel much less sympathy towards Fisher on him having to pay up.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

Never got a good vibe from Fish's wife. She always looked angry. Athletes who get married young and during their early playing days bother me. The women who know the lifestyle and still marry bother me even more.

Fisher probably had tail chasing him nightly. Especially with the Lakers and all the pub. He is not a bad looking guy which adds to it.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Never got a good vibe from Fish's wife. She always looked angry. Athletes who get married young and during their early playing days bother me. The women who know the lifestyle and still marry bother me even more.

Fisher probably had tail chasing him nightly. Especially with the Lakers and all the pub. He is not a bad looking guy which adds to it.

Fisher wasn't that young that being said yeah I wouldn't feel that bad for Candace either she's not exactly naive. She was with Marshall Faulk for years have a kid together(which Fisher pretty much raised)

She knows how this all works.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Alimony is dumb, you don't deserve financial compensation for not being married to someone anymore.

Its a big reason why a lot of people don't want to get hitched anymore. Why get married when your significant other can take you to the cleaners?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Fisher gets Matt Barnes ex wife, Fisher's ex wife gets a Matt Barnes contract
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Didn't she have possession of frozen embryos? If so, I guess she could have spawned a school of Fish and left him penniless.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
He's giving up the triangle.

lmao...
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Do it the Jeter way and you probably won't have an issue. Dude comes off as a classy player who was actually a straight up pimp. Stay single and ball out.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

If one spouse gave up their career to take care of their home, that wouldn't be fair for the other spouse to just stand up and leave them out in the cold. That's what alimony is for, but it does come out a little lopsided in the case of celebrities.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
He's giving up the triangle.

lmao...

Oh, I get it. Double entendre. Triangle offense and the triangle of life; two triangles, one of pleasure, one of pain (the offense). I must've been witty that day.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

So did he have his daughter with a previous wife? They only mentioned his two twin sons. Or is she too old to receive child support?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject:

Derek and Candace had twins together(boy and girl) the Girl was the one who had the eye cancer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: