Mike D'Antoni prices Manhattan Beach home at $9.8 million

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject: Mike D'Antoni prices Manhattan Beach home at $9.8 million

Former Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni and his wife, Laurel, are on the move in Manhattan Beach, listing their home in the South Bay for sale at $9.8 million.

Set on a corner walk street, the three-story contemporary centers on wide views extending from Catalina Island up toward Malibu. Prime for entertaining, the open-space home features paneled glass doors, a south-facing terrace, a 400-glass wine bar and a sub-basement level containing a 2,000 bottle wine cellar/tasting room. A cherry-paneled elevator services all three levels.

Complete story: http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-mike-dantoni-house-20150318-story.html
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

Almost forgot about him - Looked him up, and saw that he accepted a $2 million buyout. He should have been adamant about coaching this team so he could get fired, and collect the full 4 million. If I remember correctly, he also made a ton of money coaching in NY (four-year, $24 million contract).
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

He bought that house for 4.8 million I think. Or something close to that. Look at him trying to ca$h out

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

Regarding the home, it looks pretty nice, but nothing special. Location is insane though. He bought it for $6.9 million, so even if he doesn't get the full asking price, that would be a multi-million dollar profit for a place he's had for two years.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
He bought that house for 4.8 million I think. Or something close to that. Look at him trying to ca$h out

Totally fits his personality to list that high.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ahaider wrote:

He bought it for $6.9 million.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Okay, so not as bad as I thought. Still high I would guess.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Relocating to West Virginia? I guess he won't be coaching anytime soon, or will be commuting pretty far to his next NBA job.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ahaider wrote:

The market has changed since he bought it.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ahaider wrote:

So what would you value it at?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
danzag wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
ahaider wrote:

So what would you value it at?

If I was going to buy it?

My Agent: "Mr. D'antoni... with the water shortage, it's anticipated that California will be a horrible place to live in a year. So my experts have valued your place at $1.95."

D'antoni: "$1.95 million? That's ridiculous!"

My Agent: "Agreed. $1.95 million is ridiculous. That's why we are offering you $1.95. One dollar and 95 cents. Again... drought... umm... and stuff... Do we have a deal?"

Me: *crosses fingers*
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes it sickens me that certain people are so financially blessed and MDA is definitely one of those people. He comes here, insults the fans, runs the team into the ground, throws the players under the bus, posts the worst record in franchise history, runs all of our trade bait out of town...all with a stupid smug look on his face that you want to slap the hell out of, then runs off with millions of the fans dollars. F Dantoni!!!!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Sometimes it sickens me that certain people are so financially blessed and MDA is definitely one of those people. He comes here, insults the fans, runs the team into the ground, throws the players under the bus, posts the worst record in franchise history, runs all of our trade bait out of town...all with a stupid smug look on his face that you want to slap the hell out of, then runs off with millions of the fans dollars. F Dantoni!!!!!

Blame management for offering these coaches 3-4 year deals, while firing them barely 2 seasons in....
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Gotta be 7 million or less.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Chump change compared to what the owners make.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Right, like Byron Scott? Because he's been an unsuccessful coach wherever he's been, and worse than MDA as a Lakers coach.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject:

KBye
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Right, like Byron Scott? Because he's been an unsuccessful coach wherever he's been, and worse than MDA as a Lakers coach.

Well Byron did get to the NBA Finals twice only to lose to us. The furthest MDA has ever been is the WCF once with a LOADED team. And Byron is coaching D-League level talent while MDA had Kobe, Dwight, Gasol and Kaman. Not to mention Byron has a ton of respect for this franchise and I'm sure he hates losing just as much as we do, while MDA told us that if we don't like losing then go root for another team sooooooooo...
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Well Byron did get to the NBA Finals twice only to lose to us. The furthest MDA has ever been is the WCF once with a LOADED team. And Byron is coaching D-League level talent while MDA had Kobe, Dwight, Gasol and Kaman. Not to mention Byron has a ton of respect for this franchise and I'm sure he hates losing just as much as we do, while MDA told us that if we don't like losing then go root for another team sooooooooo...

If Kobe didn't tear his achilles, we would have gone deep.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

You buy real estate as an investment. So when it comes time to part with that investment, you'd be an idiot not to leverage it in order to gain as much of a return as possible.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Byron did go to Finals twice...in the East. This was also when the east was a bigger joke than it is now. Anyone who paid attention to Byron's career after that knows he has been a disaster ever since. MDA is a far,far better coach than Byron. Hell, Mike Brown might be a better coach than Byron.

!...
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
kwase wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Byron did go to Finals twice...in the East. This was also when the east was a bigger joke than it is now. Anyone who paid attention to Byron's career after that knows he has been a disaster ever since. MDA is a far,far better coach than Byron. Hell, Mike Brown might be a better coach than Byron.

It's not even close.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ahaider wrote:

You buy real estate as an investment. So when it comes time to part with that investment, you'd be an idiot not to leverage it in order to gain as much of a return as possible.

Look at Mike D'Antoni, selling his house at a profit...LIKE SOME KIND OF A-HOLE!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: