BREAKING NEWS: Durant Out 4 to 6 Months due to surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Doug Collins called this early on. He had the same injury, as did his son. He was on a recent podcast with Bill Simmons on Grantland talking about this.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
So, if we get him in 2016 and he gets hurt we'll have half the people here claiming that Jim and Mitch are idiots for signing him because of the warning signs.

If we don't get him, but he ends up fine, we'll have those same people claiming that Jim and Mitch are idiots for not getting him.

Lakers sign Durant- great job Mitch!
Durant gets hurt again- dammit Jim!
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
The Lakers medical staff strikes again!

Damn you Vitti!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
So OKC misses the playoffs and then proceeds to win the lottery. How does that sound?

It would sound like Silver is Stern, Jr. and the Thunder is his version of the Spurs.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Is it officially Westbrook's team now?

You mean the guy who has had 6 triple-doubles in his last 11 games? Nah, it's Steve Novak's team.

Make that 7 triple-doubles in his last 12 games.
Still Steve Novak's team.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Is it officially Westbrook's team now?

You mean the guy who has had 6 triple-doubles in his last 11 games? Nah, it's Steve Novak's team.

Make that 7 triple-doubles in his last 12 games.
Still Steve Novak's team.

It's Dion Waiters' team.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject:

If we secure a top 3 pick is OKC stupid enough to turn it down for Westbrook?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

I'm guessing the top pick AND Randle might not even be enough at this point ...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

Plus he's a UFA in 2017. If Russ wants to come here, he'll come here. The FO just needs to make sure we have a good roster in two years. No need to cannibalize our own assets.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

Plus he's a UFA in 2017. If Russ wants to come here, he'll come here. The FO just needs to make sure we have a good roster in two years. No need to cannibalize our own assets.

Youd be carzy not to part ways with a crapshot lotto prospect for a chance to get Westbrook in his prime right now. You'd still have Randle, Hou 1st and Wesbrook with a boatload of cap space. Rather then hoping that lotto pick turns into what westbrook is and thats not a high chance that will happen.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

Youd be carzy not to part ways with a crapshot lotto prospect for a chance to get Westbrook in his prime right now. You'd still have Randle, Hou 1st and Wesbrook with a boatload of cap space. Rather then hoping that lotto pick turns into what westbrook is and thats not a high chance that will happen.

That's not the point. The point is he's an unrestricted free agent anyways in 2017. If our team sucks, he leaves in 2017. Wouldn't you rather him come here as a free agent and give up nothing? Again, it boils down to one thing...IF he wants to be here, why not be patient and build a roster instead of gutting the team because we're impatient?
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

That's not the point. The point is he's an unrestricted free agent anyways in 2017. If our team sucks, he leaves in 2017. Wouldn't you rather him come here as a free agent and give up nothing? Again, it boils down to one thing...IF he wants to be here, why not be patient and build a roster instead of gutting the team because we're impatient?

You get him now because you dont have to fight 30 other Front Offices on getting him and what if you wait draft a bust with the lotto pick... then what? Westbrook decides to come to a lotto bound team? I agree with you if this is somebody like Rondo, Love (3rd tier guys) but for a talent like that I dont think I wanna play poker games. BTW you then secure his B rights when its time to re-up in 2017 as opposed to contending with some other team with max $$.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

If our pick falls out of the top 2, I'd offer it and Clarkson for Westbrook.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

You get him now because you dont have to fight 30 other Front Offices on getting him and what if you wait draft a bust with the lotto pick... then what? Westbrook decides to come to a lotto bound team? I agree with you if this is somebody like Rondo, Love (3rd tier guys) but for a talent like that I dont think I wanna play poker games. BTW you then secure his B rights when its time to re-up in 2017 as opposed to contending with some other team with max $$.

It's still poker because if he comes and doesn't like some element of something he could Dwight. You take a chance either way...
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

It's still poker because if he comes and doesn't like some element of something he could Dwight. You take a chance either way...

This is all moot anyway. OKC wouldnt allow him the chance in 2017 to test UFA( atleast i dont think they are that stupid) If you sit on your hands and say " we will wait till hes a UFA" he will prob already have been traded. Come to think of it the only FO that has recently allowed their STAR UFA to actually reach FA was .................... The Lakers multiple times

The Knicks also with Melo.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
the association wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

That's awesome ...

This is all moot anyway. OKC wouldnt allow him the chance in 2017 to test UFA( atleast i dont think they are that stupid) If you sit on your hands and say " we will wait till hes a UFA" he will prob already have been traded. Come to think of it the only FO that has recently allowed their STAR UFA to actually reach FA was .................... The Lakers multiple times

The Knicks also with Melo.

OKC doesn't have a choice whether or not to allow him to enter UFA in 2017. If Russ wants to be a UFA in 2017, he's a UFA 2017. As of this very moment, his contract status is that he is in fact a UFA in 2017. In fact, I garun-(bleep)-tee he's a UFA in 2017 just like his boy Durant will be in 2016 and any estimation on what OKC can do to prevent it actually is telling in terms of understanding the CBA.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

Durant is done. Out 4 to 6 months.

I don't want him on the Lakers. This looks to be recurring.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

(bleep). Maybe the Grant Hill comparison isn't off base.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Spoke to Podiatrist friend. Says that KD should have been out for the season once he had the initial fracture. That being said, he should be fine come next season.

It sounds like there was additional damage. Does his prognosis change (particularly propensity for future injury) now that he's set to get a bone graft?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

I hope it doesn't turn out like that for Durant, but didn't OKC allow Durant to come back early from his original surgery because Westbrook was out? Like Grant Hill did with the Pistons.

From what I read with these Jones fractures you just have to be cautious and let it heal completely and you will be fine. OKC might have really (bleep) this up.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I hope it doesn't turn out like that for Durant, but didn't OKC allow Durant to come back early from his original surgery because Westbrook was out? Like Grant Hill did with the Pistons.

From what I read with these Jones fractures you just have to be cautious and let it heal completely and you will be fine. OKC might have really (bleep) this up.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/grant-hill-says-detroit-orlando-mismanaged-injuries-042711

Yeah, reading up on how Grant's situation was handled is pretty sad. At that moment in time with MJ retired and Kobe/Tmac not quite coming into their own just yet, Grant was the best swing in the game around 1999. 26/7/5 in his epoch last season before injuries struck with a pristine 15-18 foot J.

I hope Durant can get back. Kind of crazy how his injury comes in the season immediately following the best of his career, much like Grant's.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Need to change the thread title.

I really like KD so I hope extended rest and rehab will bring him back up to full speed. This is exactly why I hate rushing players back early.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Damn it, I was looking forward for an OKC upset of GSW in the first round.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Damn it, I was looking forward for an OKC upset of GSW in the first round.

I think Durant was out for the season before this news. Now he won't be returning before training camp.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Hate to say it. I think he's done.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: