Two 15 year-olds to be charged for murdering a man walking a dog
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Two 15 year-olds to be charged for murdering a man walking a dog

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150320_Two_15_year_olds_to_be_charged_with_murder_of_dogwalker.html

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

I put a face to this senseless crime. It amazes me how quickly google finds photos.

Seems like a robbery gone bad. They panicked and took nothing. Three young. one older,lives gone to waste.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

From the article:

Quote:
Hamilton is considered "armed and extremely dangerous," Clark said. A man who identified himself as Hamilton's father answered the phone at an address provided by police and said his son has lived elsewhere with his mother for a year.

Hamilton, though a freshman at Overbrook, does not go to school, his father said.

"How do I know this?" he said. "The truancy office sends me letters."

He said he did not know where to find his son.

"If he would listen," the father said, "then he wouldn't be where he's at."

I'm sure the parents are much happier apart and the kids have benefited.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:
Hamilton is considered "armed and extremely dangerous," Clark said. A man who identified himself as Hamilton's father answered the phone at an address provided by police and said his son has lived elsewhere with his mother for a year.

Hamilton, though a freshman at Overbrook, does not go to school, his father said.

Oh, no doubt!
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

If they only had an auntie and uncle in bel air.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

I see what you did there. +1
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

White lives matter.
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The White lives matter meme/movement is just as ridiculous as the people that advocate for straight pride parades.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

One only needs to read the father's comments to understand why his kid became a killer. Such detached parenting is never going to be productive.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

You guys are delusional if you think that separating as a couple is the issue at hand rather than lazy parenting.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject:

We can't have discussions about topics like this on LG. By page 2 someone will get offended, say something inappropriate or take the thread completely off the rails with some odd take on the subject. It's LG tradition.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

I see what you did there. +1

@ some posters LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

There's about 20 million kids who live with just one parent, the vast majority don't have a father. That's a lot of potential murderers running around.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

You guys are delusional if you think that separating as a couple is the issue at hand rather than lazy parenting.

I see your reasoning: He's happier having quit on the relationship with the mother, and I bet he's also happier that he quit on the relationship with his son. Face it, the precedent is there; he quits on relationships.

That's the point you seem to be missing; when there are children involved parents need to look past their selfish interests. Some relationships cannot be salvaged, but I think hiding behind the well-worn cliche that the children are better off after a divorce is frequently superficial or worst, self-serving.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

I see your reasoning: He's happier having quit on the relationship with the mother, and I bet he's also happier that he quit on the relationship with his son. Face it, the precedent is there; he quits on relationships.

That's the point you seem to be missing; when there are children involved parents need to look past their selfish interests. Some relationships cannot be salvaged, but I think hiding behind the well-worn cliche that the children are better off after a divorce is frequently superficial or worst, self-serving.

Excuse me? Where did I ever say that? I'm not missing any points . . . nor am I putting words into other peoples mouths, as you are here.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

Excuse me? Where did I ever say that? I'm not missing any points . . . nor am I putting words into other peoples mouths, as you are here.

Oh excuse me, I must be confusing you with another poster:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Just dropped a notch in my book. When you have kids, it ain't just about you anymore.

Not an evaluation you can accurately make without knowing exactly what's going on in the household. Believe, there is plenty of damage to do to your child by staying propping up a failed marriage for appearances sake. Kids aren't stupid, they can tell what's up. More importantly they can feel the tension and contempt in the air and that is not something you want them to be absorbing.

Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

There are relationships that cannot be repaired, and there are couples that one or both parties are incapable of exercising emotional restraint in front of the kids. My point (and probably KBCB's point as well) is that staying together does benefit the kids, and that when you are a parent you have to look past the selfish cliche of "it is better to separate and the kids benefit." It isn't that cut and dry, and if you look at the disaster of kids being raised in a single family home then perhaps the well-worn cliche should be questioned.
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
From the article:

Quote:

Oh, no doubt!

Oh excuse me, I must be confusing you with another poster:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Just dropped a notch in my book. When you have kids, it ain't just about you anymore.

Not an evaluation you can accurately make without knowing exactly what's going on in the household. Believe, there is plenty of damage to do to your child by staying propping up a failed marriage for appearances sake. Kids aren't stupid, they can tell what's up. More importantly they can feel the tension and contempt in the air and that is not something you want them to be absorbing.

No, you are confusing the point.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
There are relationships that cannot be repaired, and there are couples that one or both parties are incapable of exercising emotional restraint in front of the kids. My point (and probably KBCB's point as well) is that staying together does benefit the kids, and that when you are a parent you have to look past the selfish cliche of "it is better to separate and the kids benefit." It isn't that cut and dry, and if you look at the disaster of kids being raised in a single family home then perhaps the well-worn cliche should be questioned.

The generalization in the "stay together for the sake of the kids" idea is no less cliched.

Again, the point is not that kids are better off if their parents divorce, and that should be obvious. I'm the child of divorced parents, so I know what's involved with the process and the life of being in a single parent home.

The point is that every case need be evaluated on it's own circumstances, which is why I stated that KBCB can't make that assessment for others. I share his dedication to his children, and I married and had children with the very distinct purpose of doing so and staying with those two commitments. I'm avowed to myself to not getting divorced and chose my mate accordingly.

Others have not made that kind of assessment about entering into those two commitments. There can be nothing more toxic than two parents who grow to despise each other and harbor contempt for the person they are living with. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by the children in that type of environment via "sticking through it" for their sake.

What I am addressing in regards to this case is the father's absolute detachment from his son, which would clearly be the case whether he was still married to the child's mother or not. His kind of complete lack of responsibility has nothing to with commitment to marriage.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

I had to watch my parents fight and yell and my mother bloody my dad's face multiple times before I was even five years old.

If anyone thinks I should have had to stay in that environment then your heart does not function.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

On that we can agree DMR, but I'm old enough to have watched one cliche replace the other in our pop culture. In the old days the cliche was stick together because of the kids, and that has been replaced by the cliche that you are somehow doing the children a favor by divorcing. I grew up in So. Cal. where we had some of the highest divorce rates in the nation, and I've witnesses the economic and psychological toll on my friends. Grades and behavioral restraint plummeted from divorce, and I'm not addressing the economic impact which weighed heavily on their ability to attend college later. Studies have demonstrated that kids raised in single parent households are more likely to turn to drugs or engage in criminal activity.

It takes emotional maturity or an ability to work things out, and the "better off divorcing for the sake of the kids" can be used as a crutch to ignore the devastation wrought by a divorce, as well as disrupting the two parent family home model. In my humble opinion that is why the decay of the family model is an inter-generational problem in our society.
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

And I think children are taught a lot of worthless bs in schools. Yes, sadly, knowledge about how to live responsibly and with accountability is not as much common sense as it is learned IMHO.
Self respect and love are topics children should be taught.
History is total bs IMHO.. Teach children to build the future not spend time on the past.

As crazy as it may sound I think there is a conspiracy to not produce quality citizens via the school system. To keep them ignorant of their future responsibilities so they go into massive debt, join the military and become tools for govt and mega corporations
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

amazing... people without kids are lecturing people on how to raise kids....
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

It's better for parents to stay together for the kids.

When parents staying together doesn't work, and hurts the kids, it's due to the parents being selfish. They told themselves they were staying together for the kids, but they were only going through the motions instead of really committing.

Staying together for the kids means more than just staying together. It means also committing to the spousal relationship and working out differences. It means letting go of ego and pride. It means a commitment to respect and love each other and putting that above any personal differences. It's an understanding that differences are ok, and that you learn to live with it and still love.

It requires 100% commitment from both spouses. It requires that commitment to be ingrained as a part of their moral fiber. A part of their being.

I think that it's a disservice to society and to children to become a parent without that level of maturity and commitment.

With that said, I think humans in general lack discipline and our society is pretty selfish. So it's tough to expect people to do this when society doesn't support it.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
It's better for parents to stay together for the kids.

When parents staying together doesn't work, and hurts the kids, it's due to the parents being selfish. They told themselves they were staying together for the kids, but they were only going through the motions instead of really committing.

Staying together for the kids means more than just staying together. It means also committing to the spousal relationship and working out differences. It means letting go of ego and pride. It means a commitment to respect and love each other and putting that above any personal differences. It's an understanding that differences are ok, and that you learn to live with it and still love.

It requires 100% commitment from both spouses. It requires that commitment to be ingrained as a part of their moral fiber. A part of their being.

I think that it's a disservice to society and to children to become a parent without that level of maturity and commitment.

With that said, I think humans in general lack discipline and our society is pretty selfish. So it's tough to expect people to do this when society doesn't support it.

How do you 100% commit to someone you don't love? You can't just lie to yourself and things will get better.

I'm not sure what the statistics are, but I'd bet that the majority of single-parent households include a parent (mostly women) who were never married to their child's father. There was no loving relationship to save. Just unprotected sex and the results.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: