+++++ Sixers @ Lakers +++++ 3/22/15 6:30pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Lin has a good game and the team win. Then the fans cry foul. Poor Lin, now just a whipping boy bad or good. While fans are sad the Lakers are sinking low as a proud team rich with history and pride, they should also hold up the dignity as fans of our proud franchise at a low cycle. Teams go through those cycles. Look at Boston and Detroit, our hated rivals in the past. They are going through a low cycle too. If we are doing well now and they are doing bad, and we see their fans cheering for team losses and cursing for wins, what do we think of them? One rookie will not decide the fate of this proud franchise. The FAs are more likely above to change the fate of this franchise much faster. We should pressure FO & Buss family to give us a good coach and some great FAs. Houston didn't draft Harden & D12, Clippers didn't draft CP3 & Crawford, Atlanta didn't draft Milsap & Corver. The Lakers FO & ownership are the ones to be able to turn around the franchise, not Kobe, not Lin, surely not an unproven rookie.

Where would the Lakers be without Kobe Bryant? Magic Johnson?
Cavs without Lebron James.
Bulls without Michael Jordan...
Come on, we know that statement is false.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

what a tough win.

--

hopefully the starters are back to playing more minutes in the next game.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Lin has a good game and the team win. Then the fans cry foul. Poor Lin, now just a whipping boy bad or good. While fans are sad the Lakers are sinking low as a proud team rich with history and pride, they should also hold up the dignity as fans of our proud franchise at a low cycle. Teams go through those cycles. Look at Boston and Detroit, our hated rivals in the past. They are going through a low cycle too. If we are doing well now and they are doing bad, and we see their fans cheering for team losses and cursing for wins, what do we think of them? One rookie will not decide the fate of this proud franchise. The FAs are more likely above to change the fate of this franchise much faster. We should pressure FO & Buss family to give us a good coach and some great FAs. Houston didn't draft Harden & D12 or Ariza, Clippers didn't draft CP3 & Crawford or Redick, Atlanta didn't draft Milsap & Corver. The Lakers FO & ownership are the ones to be able to turn around the franchise, not Kobe, not Lin, surely not an unproven rookie. Why so harsh on Lin who is battling for a win of the team he represents against a weak team. It would be a total shame to deliberately lose to the lowly 76ers. It will be a total joke and will bring more mockery to this proud franchise.

Clearly the 76s suck but tank or not it was nice to see Lin and Davis get some real time on the court together. Unfortunately it didn't happen months ago.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:
Lin has a good game and the team win. Then the fans cry foul. Poor Lin, now just a whipping boy bad or good. While fans are sad the Lakers are sinking low as a proud team rich with history and pride, they should also hold up the dignity as fans of our proud franchise at a low cycle. Teams go through those cycles. Look at Boston and Detroit, our hated rivals in the past. They are going through a low cycle too. If we are doing well now and they are doing bad, and we see their fans cheering for team losses and cursing for wins, what do we think of them? One rookie will not decide the fate of this proud franchise. The FAs are more likely above to change the fate of this franchise much faster. We should pressure FO & Buss family to give us a good coach and some great FAs. Houston didn't draft Harden & D12, Clippers didn't draft CP3 & Crawford, Atlanta didn't draft Milsap & Corver. The Lakers FO & ownership are the ones to be able to turn around the franchise, not Kobe, not Lin, surely not an unproven rookie.

From what I saw the other day Russell isn't the next Kobe, Magic, Lebron or MJ. In fact his shortcomings looked similar to the player that everyone wants to get rid of this season. Good court vision, decent shot, inability to finish convincingly at the rim... Sound familiar?
Dwight+Harden
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

purple.23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule of thumb:

4. Don't tug on Superman's cape

3. Don't spit into the wind

2. Don't pull the mask of the old Lone Ranger

1. Don't get into a tank battle with the 76ers ...
and don't answer to "honey, do i look fat in this?"

Or

Do you think " insert girls name" is pretty
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

From what I saw the other day Russell isn't the next Kobe, Magic, Lebron or MJ. In fact his shortcomings looked similar to the player that everyone wants to get rid of this season. Good court vision, decent shot, inability to finish convincingly at the rim... Sound familiar?

Are you seriously comparing a freshman in college versus a 5th year NBA vet?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Dwight+Harden wrote:
purple.23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule of thumb:

Or

And don't take the bait when she says, "I dont feel like going. You go without me".
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Dwight+Harden wrote:
purple.23 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Rule of thumb:

Or

The four I stated could get your feeling hurt.
The two you guys stated could get you killed!!
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I was almost disappointed that we won, but then I saw that young kid jumping for joy in his lakers shirt, and it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Lets go Lakers!

Oh, put your drink down and man up, you pansy!

You're right. Sorry to all the true born losers out there.

Just joshing, homie. But, you are of the sound mind that us losing is actually us winning, si? We lost tonight. I do, however, commend your compassion for the kid who's heart is in a pure and naive state.

Kiss my Converse.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

I'm not writing off Russell just yet, but the only player that looks really good to me so far is Okafor.
Jackchang
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

lmao Mr. keyboard warrior u just seriously compared a freshman in college vs
quote:
"Where would the Lakers be without Kobe Bryant? Magic Johnson?
Bulls without Michael Jordan... "
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Tyrion Lannister wrote:
I can't stand Lin.

I can see why other fans hated him.

Because he played so terribly tonight. Even if you don't like Lin, he played great tonight. That was Showtime Lite out there.

I get there must be a basis for the hatred, but what is it?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Jackchang wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

quote:

Please read the statement and get back to me.
By you saying that a rookie won't change the direction of the franchise is false.
Go look at franchise players on NBA teams that were drafted and changed the course of a franchise.
Durant on the Thunder
Lebron on the Cavs
Kobe on the Lakers
Curry on the Warriors.
Lillard on the Blazers.
Wall on the Wizards...
The list goes on and on.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I was almost disappointed that we won, but then I saw that young kid jumping for joy in his lakers shirt, and it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Lets go Lakers!

Oh, put your drink down and man up, you pansy!

You're right. Sorry to all the true born losers out there.

Just joshing, homie. But, you are of the sound mind that us losing is actually us winning, si? We lost tonight. I do, however, commend your compassion for the kid who's heart is in a pure and naive state.

Si, pero... Us losing is not a guaranteed win for us. Its still a probability outcome. Chances we get pick 1,2,3,4,5, chances we make the right decision, chances said player doesn't get injured. Who else do we sign in the off season? Who do we sign in the off season after that? There are a lot of factors to lead to us wining long term.

Is there really a guy at #4 or #5 in the mock drafts that you think can really be a franchise changer who cant be equally replaced by a 2016 top 3 pick, or a good trade, or good FA acquisition? Even getting a #4, or #5 pick this draft doesn't guarantee much of anything in my mind. It doesn't really seem like there are any stand out #1 franchise players in the NCAA this year.

Whether we keep this years pick, or next years pick, there might not be much of a difference if other factors become the overwhelming ones contributing to our turnaround.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

The Cavs have won as many titles without Lebron as they have with him. Lebron saved his title winning years for his time in Miami, remember?
And Kobe wasn't a lottery pick, btw. He was drafted 17th by Charlotte and traded to us for Vlade Divac.

Last edited by JIFISH on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Jackchang wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

quote:

Is there one in a generation player out there this year? Just open our eyes. Even Towns & Okafor when you match them with the bigs in the league, they wouldn't be any good. Just don't see the kind of moves like the Dream or the kind of athleticism like DeAndre Jordon or strength like D12. They will be good players but not like those you name who can change a franchise.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The Cavs have won as many titles without Lebron as they have with him. Lebron saved his title winning years for his time in Miami, remember?

The Cavs were terrible before Lebron.
Even though he didn't win them anything but an eastern conference title, if you look at their crappy history, they couldn't even win that. All most people remember about the Cavs prior to that was that they were the other team in the MJ highlight videos.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Jackchang wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

quote:

Is there one in a generation player out there this year? Just open our eyes. Even Towns & Okafor when you match them with the bigs in the league, they wouldn't be any good. Just don't see the kind of moves like the Dream or the kind of athleticism like DeAndre Jordon or strength like D12. They will be good players but not like those you name who can change a franchise.

Look at the Lakers roster....
Look at the players in the draft.
If you don't think these guys would help this team, you are lying to yourself.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

The Cavs were terrible before Lebron.
Even though he didn't win them anything but eastern conference titles, if you look at their crappy history, they couldn't even win that. All most people remember about the Cavs prior to that was that they were the other team in the MJ highlight videos.

Besides LeBron, who was an obvious, stand out, #1 franchise player, the Cavs had 3 more #1 picks, and a #4 pick. And still were a trash team in 2014 after having two #1's and a #4. I really don't see a top 5 pick as a guarantee that it will be the driving force in a Lakers franchise turnaround.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Eff the Tank. Tacos, Yo!
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

I'm not writing off Russell just yet, but the only player that looks really good to me so far is Okafor.

I agree.....Okafor and Winslow.
appwrangler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Good game tonight, nicely played. The team just simply isn't able to play at the same level as the Sixers.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:
Jackchang wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

quote:

Any good FA can help this franchise. For a rookie in the #4 or #5 pick to help this team to championship contender from this year's crop of college freshmen, that you want him so much to risk this team's reputation and pride? Not worth it in my book. Perhaps in yours, but not in mine. Rather have the dignity to build for the future the right way. Let's get Durant or his likes in FA market and hopefully get our draft if it is meant to be. If we get one or two great FA, then with JC & Randle developing plus hopefully retaining Lin as backup pg leading a productive 2nd unit, we can be contending at least for a playoff seat in a year or two.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:
Jackchang wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

quote:

Any good FA can help this franchise. For a rookie in the #4 or #5 pick to help this team to championship contender from this year's crop of college freshmen, that you want him so much to risk this team's reputation and pride? Not worth it in my book. Perhaps in yours, but not in mine. Rather have the dignity to build for the future the right way. Let's get Durant or his likes in FA market and hopefully get our draft if it is meant to be. If we get one or two great FA, then with JC & Randle developing plus hopefully retaining Lin as backup pg leading a productive 2nd unit, we can be contending at least for a playoff seat in a year or two.

Hate to break it to you, but thats how its done in todays NBA. Sure, it was nice to snatch free agents from other teams when the CBA was less restrictive but thats not how its done anymore. You have to develop your own players.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:
Jackchang wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KLS wrote:

quote:

Hate to break it to you, but thats how its done in todays NBA. Sure, it was nice to snatch free agents from other teams when the CBA was less restrictive but thats not how its done anymore. You have to develop your own players.

Very few team are bad for just one year and then become great. So basically, we will have to keep the tank rolling for multiple years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31
Jump to: