Fan Perspective: Do you want Byron Scott fired after this season?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Fan Perspective: Do you want Byron Scott fired after this season?

I wanna hear opinions from fans...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

The season Kobe retires, remove Scott from HC and give him a scouting position (he will probably reject it lol).

Promote Madsen, or hire Calipari
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

They're not firing him next season. Maybe he's gone by 2016 if Kobe retires. He only has 3 out of the 4 years guaranteed.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

Depends on who is available.

Is the question get rid of him and have no coach at all??

Then no.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers lose the top 5 pick, then yes I want him gone.

Mark Madsen can take over. Give him a shot.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject:

I want to see him fired before the game in OKC Tuesday, and then make him walk home.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Then no.

That is it, if you can upgrade, then go for it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Then no.

Well we know for sure Madsen is available.

At the moment I take a flyer on him over Baby B. We'll see what Madsen does with the summer league team this year as well
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject:

I don't think it is fair to throw Madsen in at this point, he came into the league when Kobe was starring, to ask him to coach Kobe wouldn't be fair.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't think it is fair to throw Madsen in at this point, he came into the league when Kobe was starring, to ask him to coach Kobe wouldn't be fair.

yeah that's why I said when KB retires
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Then no.

At the moment I take a flyer on him over Baby B. We'll see what Madsen does with the summer league team this year as well

And when exactly are we going to learn? We got Mike Brown and we all said we'd rather take a flyer on anyone than have MB again. Then MDA came and it turned out we'd rather take a flyer on anyone other than MDA so we got BS. Now we'll take a flyer on anyone over BS.

The question makes no sense. It's like asking "would you trade Julius Randle"? Ugh.

The coach next year is in a bit of a lame duck position so who better than to have that be BS?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

I really don't get where all the BS hate comes from. We are currently 18-50. Let's say we had Phil Jackson or Popovich as our head coach...what do you think our record would be with this current team?
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

I understand Byron. He wants to win at all costs. Mixing that with a group of pathetic players will never go down easy. In that regard, I don't care who the coach is. Now I feel the same anger as everyone else does with our current tanking mentality, but personally, I would like to see what he can do with a team that has potential to go somewhere. Young talent, or star veterans, I wanna see it.

I say keep him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Then no.

And when exactly are we going to learn? We got Mike Brown and we all said we'd rather take a flyer on anyone than have MB again. Then MDA came and it turned out we'd rather take a flyer on anyone other than MDA so we got BS. Now we'll take a flyer on anyone over BS.

The question makes no sense. It's like asking "would you trade Julius Randle"? Ugh.

The coach next year is in a bit of a lame duck position so who better than to have that be BS?

I didn't say next year. I said when KB retires.

And Madsen is not a retread like Brown, MDA, and Scott were. I've been against ALL of those hires.

Madsen would be a guy whose been groomed for the job and has an established relationship with our core players. It'd be completely different than the last 3 coaches
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I really don't get where all the BS hate comes from. We are currently 18-50. Let's say we had Phil Jackson or Popovich as our head coach...what do you think our record would be with this current team?

It would be better I'd imagine.

But that's beside the point. He has only done thing that cause you to shake your head. I said 30 mins for Kobe and he's pushing him to 35 and playing him entire quarters. He had done nothing in the way of developing younger players or putting any other players in a position to succeed. No one has overplayed expectations because of BS. He almost got some credit for giving Clarkson PT only to bench him now for the final 10 games.

How would you, in any way, summarize in a few words the positive thing that was a direct result of BS?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

Yes. He's destroying our free agency. We're going to have to overpay for tier 2/3 players because there's no guarantee that being the better player will translate into anything but sitting on the bench.

He couldn't manage Kobe's minutes.

He doesn't make in-game adjustments.

He can't even Tank correctly.

He's a worse motivational speaker than Pinocchio. Constantly criticizing players in public for doing things the BS way.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kwase wrote:

But that's beside the point. He has only done thing that cause you to shake your head. I said 30 mins for Kobe and he's pushing him to 35 and playing him entire quarters. He had done nothing in the way of developing younger players or putting any other players in a position to succeed. No one has overplayed expectations because of BS. He almost got some credit for giving Clarkson PT only to bench him now for the final 10 games.

How would you, in any way, summarize in a few words the positive thing that was a direct result of BS?

TBH, with the current roster that we have I don't think anything positive could come out of this season regardless to who's coaching the team. We were doomed even before the season started. I will say that at least he's tinkering with the lineups trying to come up with something, unlike old one-trick pony MDA. But I don't care how you shuffle this deck, it's a losing hand.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Yes. He's destroying our free agency. We're going to have to overpay for tier 2/3 players because there's no guarantee that being the better player will translate into anything but sitting on the bench.

He's a worse motivational speaker than Pinocchio. Constantly criticizing players in public for doing things the BS way.

Which is exactly why you want him as your coach next year.

Next year's coach will be coaching Kobe's farewell tour. Let that be Byron, and make next year his farewell tour too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:

And that is where you lose me, complaining about something that isn't happening.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kwase wrote:

FYI, JC will still be in staring lineup, cheers
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

Well he got this team playing harder than MDA did last season no doubt. No checking out here. Not great for a tank year of course but so far so good. We are only one win of the Magic and maybe two for Kings from waving goodbye to them. The pisser will be if Tibbs is available this off-season and since the FO won't blow out BS after this, we are bridesmaids again.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kwase wrote:

FYI, JC will still be in staring lineup, cheers

I thought BS was benching him. Did he change his mind again? Lmao.

At any rate, let him go down with the ship next season, and start anew thereafter.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kwase wrote:

Not it wouldn't. We'd have the same record. You know why?

Because this team SUCKS. They're GARBAGE.

Our best player is a second round draft pick for Christ Sake. We have no legit bigs on this roster. Not offensively or defensively. No floor spacing. Nobody who can create their own shot off the dribble. No low post presence. Perimeter defense is dreadful. I really don't understand why people think this team
should be better than what they've been. People always wanna blame coaches, but reality is these players are GARBAGE.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kwase wrote:

Not it wouldn't. We'd have the same record. You know why?

Because this team SUCKS. They're GARBAGE.

Our best player is a second round draft pick for Christ Sake. We have no legit bigs on this roster. Not offensively or defensively. No floor spacing. Nobody who can create their own shot off the dribble. No low post presence. Perimeter defense is dreadful. I really don't understand why people think this team
should be better than what they've been. People always wanna blame coaches, but reality is these players are GARBAGE.

So you think Byron Scott is on the same level as Phil and Pop?

I can only assume the latter two would do better, even if slightly. They'd do a much better job of hiding weaknesses and playing to strengths imo.

But I'm just a loon who think Greg Popovich might win more games than Byron Scott with the same team.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

If he loses the pick then yes, but I know that won't happen. That's just my vested interest in the Lakers anger talking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: