NBA takes away Russell Westbrook's triple double from Sunday

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: NBA takes away Russell Westbrook's triple double from Sunday

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/23/nba-takes-away-russell-westbrooks-triple-double-from-sunday/
shaq3234
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one not enamored with Westbrook's triple-doubles? Don't wanna be that guy, but some of these performances have either been against bad teams/defenses, or with high turnovers & sub par shooting percentages.

I enjoy his leave it on the floor mentality -- but this stuff doesn't work against elite teams or in the playoffs. And by "work" I mean translating into W's.
Alpha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I hope this wasn't the NBA singling out Westbrook/his triple doubles ... i mean is it their practice to go back, review & adjust as necessary every rebound in the L?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
I hope this wasn't the NBA singling out Westbrook/his triple doubles ... i mean is it their practice to go back, review & adjust as necessary every rebound in the L?

They did it to lebron at least twice
http://time.com/3583818/nba-takes-away-lebron-james-triple-double/
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/nba_takes_away_lebron_james_tr.html(this game was after kobe set the record in MSG a few days earlier)
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject:

shaq3234 wrote:
Am I the only one not enamored with Westbrook's triple-doubles? Don't wanna be that guy, but some of these performances have either been against bad teams/defenses, or with high turnovers & sub par shooting percentages.

I enjoy his leave it on the floor mentality -- but this stuff doesn't work against elite teams or in the playoffs. And by "work" I mean translating into W's.

it's still impressive imo. he's doing it in NBA competition, regardless of it being a bad team/defense.

reminds me of when Kobe scored 81 and some were saying it wasn't impressive because it was against a weak Raptors team lol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: