2015 Draft: Towns vs Okafor vs Russell vs Mudiay..who do you want us to draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2015 Draft: Towns vs Okafor vs Russell vs Mudiay..who do you want us to draft?
Jahlil Okafor
40%
 40%  [ 65 ]
D'Angelo Russell
18%
 18%  [ 30 ]
Emmanuel Mudiay
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Stanley Johnson
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Willie Cauley-Stein
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Karl-Anthony Towns
28%
 28%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 160

Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

I think Okafor is much better than Towns. To me Okafor can be Cousins or better in four years or so?

If we draft top two Okafor or Towns it will be imo.

I like WCS or Winslow more with the 5th pick in the draft.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

Okafor
Winslow
Russell
Towns
WCS

I hate Duke, so do not think I am a fan of theirs by putting the two at the top.
I just think Winslow is that good. I think Winslow is the safest pick of all the players and he will AT LEAST be a good NBA player. The others may potentially have a higher ceiling, but they come with higher risk. Every game I see him play, I can not believe how good he is. It seems he gets better all the time. He will be one of the best and versatile defenders in the NBA next season.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't take WCS top 5, low basketball IQ and Limited on offense :/
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:

False.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:

False.

He looks lost when he has the ball on his hands, he can't create or pass, he's been 3 years in Kentucky and hasn't improved much, I cringe when he has to put the ball on the floor
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:

False.

He looks lost when he has the ball on his hands, he can't create or pass, he's been 3 years in Kentucky and hasn't improved much, I cringe when he has to put the ball on the floor

If you are looking for WCS to do this then ... I guess you don't watch basketball LOL

WCS is a defensive garbage shot blocking player. His baskets are put back dunks or alleyoops on the PnR. Think Tyson Chandler and you will be happy.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:

False.

We know he's limited offensively, doesn't mean he's a low IQ player. He's the best defensive player in college, extremely versatile. Someone that plays defense like he does, and fouls as little as he does, is not a low IQ player. And I'm not just talking about protecting the rim, he's out there guarding point guards on the perimeter.

He's got some potential on offense, but the main thing is getting him a PG that can get him the ball. His main contributions will be on the defensive end, and I see him making a huge impact on that side.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:

False.

We know he's limited offensively, doesn't mean he's a low IQ player. He's the best defensive player in college, extremely versatile. Someone that plays defense like he does, and fouls as little as he does, is not a low IQ player. And I'm not just talking about protecting the rim, he's out there guarding point guards on the perimeter.

He's got some potential on offense, but the main thing is getting him a PG that can get him the ball. His main contributions will be on the defensive end, and I see him making a huge impact on that side.

He going to be a solid player not denying that, but I wouldn't waste a top 5 pick on him!! He's low IQ in the sense that when he has the ball in the hands and has to pass he always turns it over!! His defense is solid but for a top 5 pick I rather gamble on someone who has potential to be a 2 way player
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

WCS has no star potential, he'll be a good role player.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Yup pretty much, he won't even be as good as Nerlens Noel is right know!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Vottomatic wrote:

False.

Did you see him handle the ball when WVU was doing a full court press? How he helped break the press? Can you see Sacre or Jordan Hill doing that?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

A singular type of elite defender may not be a star, but it isn't a role player either.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

A singular type of elite defender may not be a star, but it isn't a role player either.
He's going to be a good defender but I see no difference between him and Chandler. It took Chandler years to be good and when he did, he was still the 4th or 5th option on the Mavs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:

He going to be a solid player not denying that, but I wouldn't waste a top 5 pick on him!! He's low IQ in the sense that when he has the ball in the hands and has to pass he always turns it over!! His defense is solid but for a top 5 pick I rather gamble on someone who has potential to be a 2 way player

Those 1.3 TOs in 25 mpg aren't really an issue.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

You can say that about 80% of the top 10 players drafted.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
24 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He's going to be a good defender but I see no difference between him and Chandler. It took Chandler years to be good and when he did, he was still the 4th or 5th option on the Mavs.

Chandler was also 18.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Long time lurker finally have my account up and running...

To me, Okafor and Russel are the only potential SUPERSTARS.

Okafor just screams Tim Duncan in every way. He has the same type of game just needs to work on his effort on D.

Russel reminds me of Steph Curry so much. His effortless shot and sick handles. I really think what even puts him (potentially!) ahead of curry is his passing. Not saying he is better but at this point in college he has some of the best dishes Ive ever seen.

Towns will also be a monster and could also rise to superstar although i see him as a very good player...all star.

Mudiay is just too unknown and the rest are second tier. So: Okafor, Russel, Towns, Etc, Etc, Etc...
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I just want more out of a top 5 pick, this will probably be the last one we have in a while.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I just want more out of a top 5 pick, this will probably be the last one we have in a while.

I think you have to Stay with Kentucky with the 5th pick. They are so overloaded with talent that guys like WCS and Lyles would be ranked a lot higher at other schools. If Ohio State had WCS, he would be avg more points, blocks, etc. If OS got further in the tourney, presumably because of WCS, than we would be talking about WCS with the 3-5 pick. Same story with Lyles IMO
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
24 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Last time I checked, Tyson Chandler has never had the ability to check PGs on the perimeter. Point guards! A seven footer, checking guards. That's how quick and skilled he is defensively. Tyson Chandler anchored a team to a championship. So if he turns out to be a Tyson Chandler that can also check perimeter players, which is huge in this PnR happy NBA, then you are getting your money's worth wherever you pick him in the draft, even #1 overall.

I mean Chandler is a DPOY that anchored a team to a title, and you mention this like it's some kind of negative. Don't get caught up in pretty numbers, impact is what it's all about. Players like Chandler and Joakim Noah, they have huge impacts. If Joakim Noah was in this draft I would happily take him 1-5 knowing what he end up being. If I could get Anthony Davis defense and DeAndre Jordan offense, I'm happy.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
24 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Last time I checked, Tyson Chandler has never had the ability to check PGs on the perimeter. Point guards! A seven footer, checking guards. That's how quick and skilled he is defensively. Tyson Chandler anchored a team to a championship. So if he turns out to be a Tyson Chandler that can also check perimeter players, which is huge in this PnR happy NBA, then you are getting your money's worth wherever you pick him in the draft, even #1 overall.

I mean Chandler is a DPOY that anchored a team to a title, and you mention this like it's some kind of negative. Don't get caught up in pretty numbers, impact is what it's all about. Players like Chandler and Joakim Noah, they have huge impacts. If Joakim Noah was in this draft I would happily take him 1-5 knowing what he end up being. If I could get Anthony Davis defense and DeAndre Jordan offense, I'm happy.

You would take a Tyson. Chandler player over someone like Curry, Westbrook or even rose?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if WCS goes top 3. When is the last time anyone has seen a 7 footer as athletic as he is? He's not just a great athelete he's a fluid athlete and everything he does looks effortless. I think people get too caught up on offense and forget about then ther side of the game. How often doesa player come around that's gifted enough to be a game changer on defense?

If the lakers pick him top 5 I wouldn't bat an eye lash. I would be even happier if we grab Hollis-Jefferson with him.

Clarkso
Kobe
Hollis-Jefferson
Randle
WCS
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
24 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

You would take a Tyson. Chandler player over someone like Curry, Westbrook or even rose?

They aren't in the draft. And Chandler was not selected over any of them.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if WCS goes top 3. When is the last time anyone has seen a 7 footer as athletic as he is? He's not just a great athelete he's a fluid athlete and everything he does looks effortless. I think people get too caught up on offense and forget about then ther side of the game. How often doesa player come around that's gifted enough to be a game changer on defense?

If the lakers pick him top 5 I wouldn't bat an eye lash. I would be even happier if we grab Hollis-Jefferson with him.

Clarkso
Kobe
Hollis-Jefferson
Randle
WCS

If he shows that jump hook and 12-15 foot jumper in workouts you might be right.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Clarkso
Kobe
Hollis-Jefferson
Randle
WCS

If he shows that jump hook and 12-15 foot jumper in workouts you might be right.

Potential way further out than 12-15ft
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: