maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.
Maybe he should learn as a SG and let Lin handle the ball

Just stop my fd. Lin handled the ball 50% of the time this game. He doesn't need the ball 90% of the time to average 18/6 nowadays.

Do you really want him to duplicate the 25/9 game during Linsanity?

doesn't matter who handles the ball, as long as they are running BS offense more than 90% of the time, pg/sg means nothing.

but tankers will be happy.

I think BS's offense changed quite a bit after the ASB. Though it is not all about pnrs, but they are finally allowed to play FAST. That's really important for Lin's style.

Byron usually gives his players freedom in offense, the lakers pace is relatively fast all season... he does not spread the offense, he likes bigs more involved in operating, he does not like PnR dominating the whole offense which means the two men game..... the philosophy is not necessarily wrong, might be a good one, but they are lack of versatile bigs who can operate in the elbow, the high post, like Gasols...and his sets are lack of variety...
now, the approach is relatively simple, let Lin and JC push the tempo, attack in transition and Lin's PnRs...
Byron knows Lin's game, he said Lin is a guy that he can play him PnR all day... it just is that he does not like Lin's PnR dominating his whole offense... to some degree, you can't fault Byron on this

well, I don't care what he said, I'm just not seeing it on the court.

there is absolutely 0 reason to give to ball to black/sacre and even davis at the 3 point line and ask them to be merc gasol.

with the personal that we have, every play should be lin/clarkson pnr ball handler and black sets the pick up top, then you have 3 shooters all spread around.

tell me what % of plays are like that?

instead? we get one on one iso's, can't fault BS for this? come on

Since the ASB, Lin has one of the best PIEs(Player Impact Estimate) among all guards:
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/advanced/?sort=PIE&dir=1&SeasonSegment=Post%20All-Star&PlayerPosition=G

You should be satisfied.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

Just stop my fd. Lin handled the ball 50% of the time this game. He doesn't need the ball 90% of the time to average 18/6 nowadays.

doesn't matter who handles the ball, as long as they are running BS offense more than 90% of the time, pg/sg means nothing.

I think BS's offense changed quite a bit after the ASB. Though it is not all about pnrs, but they are finally allowed to play FAST. That's really important for Lin's style. If you have noticed, many of those assists by Lin were off the FASTBREAKS.

agree, but 50% of the time lin doesn't get to bring the ball up. clarkson bringing it up is fine for development, but ellington dribbles too much, if he just be a spot up shooter, he would have higher fg %

So you just want to put the ball in his hands 90% of the time, right? Then find an answer from D'Antoni.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

I think BS's offense changed quite a bit after the ASB. Though it is not all about pnrs, but they are finally allowed to play FAST. That's really important for Lin's style.

Byron usually gives his players freedom in offense, the lakers pace is relatively fast all season... he does not spread the offense, he likes bigs more involved in operating, he does not like PnR dominating the whole offense which means the two men game..... the philosophy is not necessarily wrong, might be a good one, but they are lack of versatile bigs who can operate in the elbow, the high post, like Gasols...and his sets are lack of variety...
now, the approach is relatively simple, let Lin and JC push the tempo, attack in transition and Lin's PnRs...
Byron knows Lin's game, he said Lin is a guy that he can play him PnR all day... it just is that he does not like Lin's PnR dominating his whole offense... to some degree, you can't fault Byron on this

there is absolutely 0 reason to give to ball to black/sacre and even davis at the 3 point line and ask them to be merc gasol.

with the personal that we have, every play should be lin/clarkson pnr ball handler and black sets the pick up top, then you have 3 shooters all spread around.

Since the ASB, Lin has one of the best PIEs(Player Impact Estimate) among all guards:
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/advanced/?sort=PIE&dir=1&SeasonSegment=Post%20All-Star&PlayerPosition=G

You should be satisfied.

not really, I'm a BS hater a lot more than lin fan. Why would I be satisfy with lin's whatever stats? I want good lakers basketball period.

lin is leaving this mess for sure, but we're still a mess with BS.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

I think BS's offense changed quite a bit after the ASB. Though it is not all about pnrs, but they are finally allowed to play FAST. That's really important for Lin's style. If you have noticed, many of those assists by Lin were off the FASTBREAKS.

agree, but 50% of the time lin doesn't get to bring the ball up. clarkson bringing it up is fine for development, but ellington dribbles too much, if he just be a spot up shooter, he would have higher fg %

So you just want to put the ball in his hands 90% of the time, right? Then find an answer from D'Antoni.

I just want good modern basketball, like the ones most of the good teams run. 3 types of nba players, ball handler, shooter, big's. while some can be two or even 3 of those categories, I don't think we have them. I don't want to see bigs handle the ball at the 3 point line. I don't want shooters trying to iso off the dribble.

anyways, good teams now a days has MDA offense with decent defense.
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

You should be satisfied.

not really, I'm a BS hater a lot more than lin fan. Why would I be satisfy with lin's whatever stats? I want good lakers basketball period.

wait what you are not a Lin only fan like me?
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

You should be satisfied.

no, remember I said that swaggy is a better iso/one on one player than lin?

if you don't give lin pnr/fast break, he's not much of a factor on offense.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Game Thread Standings wrote:

pio2u................................5-3
diando..............................3-6
K0BEE 2.0.........................6-13
Don Draper.......................2-6
danzag.............................2-2
TDRock.............................1-4
jlinfan...............................0-9
eddiejonze........................0-2
chazz................................0-1
Laker Intervention.............0-1
zePokar............................0-1
Jocinetu............................0-1
joedanvan22.....................0-1
laserboy...........................0-1
13thOverallPick.................0-1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

You should be satisfied.

well, I think nobody would argue that.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
BryantToShaq wrote:
Why dont the Lakers use Lin's back problems as an excuse to shut him down for the rest of the season?

Don't think Lin would sign off on it. He's playing for his next contract (team)...

Besides I'm enjoying watching Lin and Clarkson on floor together. Unfortunately it didn't help having old man ball hog Bryant early on. Watching Clarkson, Lin and Parker in transition would have been really fun.
Perhaps if Scott actually had had some sort of half-court O and could have convinced Bryant to play a modicum of D things would have been different. Odds are still good that the Lakers will be in a 1 to 5 spot.
Finally after most of the season being over the Lakers are at least fun to watch. Those 2 guards can outrun many other teams.
Coaching and scouting make more of a difference than anything else IMHO. Look at Exum, a lottery pick I think and Clarkson at picked in the 40s. This constant gotta tank gotta tank is so boring and tiring.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Nice to see the Lin we always wanted decided to show up to nuke our tank.

Without 1st Bryant slowly the game down to old mans crawl and BS with the worst HC O I've every witness BS has finally been letting Lin and Clarkson run. BS still seems to try as hard as he can to not let Davis and Lin develop more chemistry. Just that should be enough to tank.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lin making sure Lakers are left with no lottery pick this year when he leaves this offseason to another team.

Pressley come on, you gave me hope after last game!

Jesus Christo, relax. Sacremento would have to lose 7 of 9 and the Lakers win 6 or 7 of the last few in order to finish in the 6 spot. Not gonna happens
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Looks like the Raptors finally woke up. Took them long enough.

The Raptors don't really look that great, or the Lakers are better than it seems. Hahahahahahahah.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
LIN to CLARKSON!

Tank or no tank a fan has got to love JC and JLin's energy playing together.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

purple.23 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Lin with 14 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 great block just now!

And 4-13 shooting! Amazing!

Lin must be so tired now though. Playing that well. Let's get Clarkson in now!
hmm... i see what you did there.

What really matters and it doesn't show up in the box score but if one watches the game you KNOW. I think do keep a stat for what I"m saying. So many times when a JC or JLin attach the rim, guys like Ed Davis clean it up so 4-13, I think he finished 6-15 was actually more like 10-15 in scoring if one adds in the easy folllows by Davis and Black.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

ggeasy wrote:
jenopogi wrote:
Player of the Game! Cabaclo. 2 TO and 1 Foul in 1 min! Way to get numbers on the board . . . worse, the camera is focusing on him. Clearly, the guy is nervous.

I felt bad for him.

Eh. Raptor fans seems to love him. I was driving, listening to the Raptor feed on XM and their announcers thought the fans were so over the top in rooting they made him nervous. BTW the Raptor radio guys were literally the WORST I've EVER heard. They were so bad I had no idea what was going on. Never once did them mention, call simple play by play like "Clarkson bringing the ball up for the Lakers. I'd hear NOTHING then something like "Toronto steals". NEVER who stole it from who. It was so awful I don't know who they keep a job.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

I doubt they will ever play together after this season but for know I think its great they JC and JLin play a combo PG-SG together on the floor. Keeps the other team backstepping.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
Clarkson with 0 assists. Not a great showing for our PG of the future.

Being a rookie, I would cut him a break.

I think he has the right stuff, but needs more polishing that comes with increased PT.

Sorry cut him a break?? He's point guard. Practicing, apprenticeship, holding hands... whatever. Where is it OK to provide 0 assists to your team? Want to cut him a break - do it in the D-league. This is for the big boys. Come-on Lakers - save some face. Don't demean your brand this way.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

Yuppers. I couldn't agree more. Plus it so much more exciting to watch. If Parker had been there with his size and speed running with them it would have been awesome. Sadly Bryant couldn't keep up last year. I don't what they will do next season.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

I think he has the right stuff, but needs more polishing that comes with increased PT.

Sorry cut him a break?? He's point guard. Practicing, apprenticeship, holding hands... whatever. Where is it OK to provide 0 assists to your team? Want to cut him a break - do it in the D-league. This is for the big boys. Come-on Lakers - save some face. Don't demean your brand this way.

Did you even watch the game? Clarkson made a lot of great passes but the guys couldn't finish.

It happens. No one cared when guys like Irving or Westbrook had those kind of games.

That and we will never see a Lin and Clarkson backcourt after this season. Hell, we won't see more than half the players on this team next season so yes, give him a break. He is the future point guard here despite whatever you think.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

Yuppers. I couldn't agree more. Plus it so much more exciting to watch. If Parker had been there with his size and speed running with them it would have been awesome. Sadly Bryant couldn't keep up last year. I don't what they will do next season.

I think Byrant is washed up IMO. He blames his team-mates for his failures. He blames FO for not stacking his team in his favor so they can win Championships. Well try showing up at practice once in a while and work with your boys. You might find they are not as bad as you think. And you might win some games.

If his brain keeps going down this rabbit hole, I'm afraid he'll crash and burn the next season - no matter who/how FO stacks the team. He'll be a washed up. Man, sad way to go for a legion.

...to think you can win games without practice and drilling with your team mates. LOL SMH dream-on Championship run...
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

You should be satisfied.

You just lumped him in with the majority of PGs out there. What else is a PG going to do?
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Did you even watch the game? Clarkson made a lot of great passes but the guys couldn't finish.

It happens. No one cared when guys like Irving or Westbrook had those kind of games.

That and we will never see a Lin and Clarkson backcourt after this season. Hell, we won't see more than half the players on this team next season so yes, give him a break. He is the future point guard here despite whatever you think.

Again I agree. Stats, espcially assists can be very deceiving. A player can set up team mates ad infinitum and if like last night they keep missing... And I really think they should have a separate column for Hockey Assists and buacks made on follow ups of missed shots as well as FT's assists.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
maomao wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.

You should be satisfied.

You just lumped him in with the majority of PGs out there. What else is a PG going to do?
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

If this is your opinion - then you are entitled. If this is the opinion of the coaches - then we're screwed. You look at JC and you see SG, you don't see PG. You look at JL and you see PG not SG. I know you don't want JC to be a SG because KB already has that job and you want JC here next year. But you don't try to put a round peg in a square hole. A two year old can tell you that. You want to develop JC - get him SG roles and work on his defense. Don't mess up the kids future by making him what he is not.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Again I agree. Stats, espcially assists can be very deceiving. A player can set up team mates ad infinitum and if like last night they keep missing... And I really think they should have a separate column for Hockey Assists and buacks made on follow ups of missed shots as well as FT's assists.

I also want to see a Hockey assist stat. I bet people will think twice about calling Kobe a ball hog with that stat. A lot of Kobe's passes turned into hockey assists.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: