Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:
Clarkson with 0 assists. Not a great showing for our PG of the future.

Being a rookie, I would cut him a break.

I think he has the right stuff, but needs more polishing that comes with increased PT.

Sorry cut him a break?? He's point guard. Practicing, apprenticeship, holding hands... whatever. Where is it OK to provide 0 assists to your team? Want to cut him a break - do it in the D-league. This is for the big boys. Come-on Lakers - save some face. Don't demean your brand this way.

Did you even watch the game? Clarkson made a lot of great passes but the guys couldn't finish.

It happens. No one cared when guys like Irving or Westbrook had those kind of games.

That and we will never see a Lin and Clarkson backcourt after this season. Hell, we won't see more than half the players on this team next season so yes, give him a break. He is the future point guard here despite whatever you think.

If this is your opinion - then you are entitled. If this is the opinion of the coaches - then we're screwed.

Well thank the gods that you are in the huge minority in that opinion. I mean...wow.

And again, you are failing to see the context of those assists or lack of in the stat sheet, or even taking account of the current Lakers team right now.

Clarkson as a starter is averaging 14+ points and around 5 assists and 5 boards. Very similar numbers to rookie Russell Westbrook.

Now that is not saying Clarkson is Westbrook but I'm pretty sure Clarkson is playing as role just fine. And far from "screwed".
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
catman2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

I think he has the right stuff, but needs more polishing that comes with increased PT.

Sorry cut him a break?? He's point guard. Practicing, apprenticeship, holding hands... whatever. Where is it OK to provide 0 assists to your team? Want to cut him a break - do it in the D-league. This is for the big boys. Come-on Lakers - save some face. Don't demean your brand this way.

Did you even watch the game? Clarkson made a lot of great passes but the guys couldn't finish.

It happens. No one cared when guys like Irving or Westbrook had those kind of games.

That and we will never see a Lin and Clarkson backcourt after this season. Hell, we won't see more than half the players on this team next season so yes, give him a break. He is the future point guard here despite whatever you think.

Again I agree. Stats, espcially assists can be very deceiving. A player can set up team mates ad infinitum and if like last night they keep missing... And I really think they should have a separate column for Hockey Assists and buacks made on follow ups of missed shots as well as FT's assists.

I also want to see a Hockey assist stat. I bet people will think twice about calling Kobe a ball hog with that stat. A lot of Kobe's passes turned into hockey assists.

It also shows one much about the team and coaching. I'd bet if they kept a team hockey assists stat, clubs like the Spurs, Clippers, Warriors would be leaders.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

If this is your opinion - then you are entitled. If this is the opinion of the coaches - then we're screwed.

Well thank the gods that you are in the huge minority in that opinion. I mean...wow.

And again, you are failing to see the context of those assists or lack of in the stat sheet, or even taking account of the current Lakers team right now.

Clarkson as a starter is averaging 14+ points and around 5 assists and 5 boards. Very similar numbers to rookie Russell Westbrook.

Now that is not saying Clarkson is Westbrook but I'm pretty sure Clarkson is playing as role just fine. And far from "screwed".

That's exactly my assessment on Clarkson as well.

His numbers are very, very similar to Westbrook in his early years. Clarkson may be a better shooter (though he's been in a slump) but Westbrook is by far the more explosive athlete.

With Nash and Kobe mentoring this kid though.. if he continues this upward trend.. watch out!
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Jeremy Lin stats by game

Sun 3/15/15 vs ATL 0 assists 3 TOs

Mon 12/15/14 @ IND 1 assist 1 TO

Sun 11/16/14 vs GS 1 assist 1 TO

Wed 10/29/14 @ PHX 1 assist 2 TOs

Tue 3/4/14 vs MIA 0 assists 2 TOs

Sat 4/12/14 vs NO 1 assists 1 TO

Fri 4/11/14 @ MIN 1 assist 5 TOs

Tue 4/1/14 @ BKN 1 assist 2 TOs

Fri 1/10/14 @ ATL 1 assist 4 TOs

Fri 10/25/13 @ MEM 0 assists 0 TOs

Sun 12/29/13 @ OKC 1 assist 3 TOs

Mon 11/11/13 vs TOR 1 assist 5 TOs

Guess any PG can have an off game, even a non-rookie?
Lorenzomax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

I think he should change his name to CanadianHater...

@CanadianFan Joke aside... anytime if you want to criticize your young fellow, look at the mirror at first.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
kastuul wrote:
Clarkson has 0 assist.
Maybe he should learn as a SG and let Lin handle the ball

I doubt they will ever play together after this season but for know I think its great they JC and JLin play a combo PG-SG together on the floor. Keeps the other team backstepping.

Obviously they won't. And Lin plays a combo PG-SG well with a lot of other guards - Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert, Pat Beverley, Ronnie Price...

Hence we hear it all the time - Lin makes his teammates better.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Lorenzomax wrote:

@CanadianFan Joke aside... anytime if you want to criticize your young fellow, look at the mirror at first.

Make all the fun about my name you want. You're reading my posts as a JC fan so you're reading with jaded glasses.

My criticism is more about the organization and the fans who allow this team to evolve into a D league team. I'm actually sick of professional sports teams doing this type of thing. They're not doing well so they transform into a farm team or tank to get draft pick Advantages. LA season ticket holders will start going over to watch the other LA team or sue the Lakers for breach of trust. I mean they lay out good money to watch and get entertained by professionals now they're going to get a bunch of rookies and draft picks homing out their skills with NBA time and on our dime.

You want to develop players? Do it in the D league. You want to see how they perform? We have summer camps for that. Not on NBA time. Not on national TV time and not on advertisers dime. The league needs to spit out the likes of BS and Buss or you'll mess it up for every body.

And here's my criticism on your 'young' players. From my opinion of a point guard role, he needs to be the floor general and create opportunities for his team. This means he should be the player on any team with the most dimes. That's how you are graded and it doesn't matter if your initials are Jl JC WB or whatever. And looking at the playing style of JC I'm off the opinion he's a SG or even a SF. Only reason he is playing where he's playing is because of idioting 'vision' of BS or Kobe and JC fans. They are not doing him any favors.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:

Make all the fun about my name you want. You're reading my posts as a JC fan so you're reading with jaded glasses.

My criticism is more about the organization and the fans who allow this team to evolve into a D league team. I'm actually sick of professional sports teams doing this type of thing. They're not doing well so they transform into a farm team or tank to get draft pick Advantages. LA season ticket holders will start going over to watch the other LA team or sue the Lakers for breach of trust. I mean they lay out good money to watch and get entertained by professionals now they're going to get a bunch of rookies and draft picks homing out their skills with NBA time and on our dime.

You want to develop players? Do it in the D league. You want to see how they perform? We have summer camps for that. Not on NBA time. Not on national TV time and not on advertisers dime. The league needs to spit out the likes of BS and Buss or you'll mess it up for every body.

And here's my criticism on your 'young' players. From my opinion of a point guard role, he needs to be the floor general and create opportunities for his team. This means he should be the player on any team with the most dimes. That's how you are graded and it doesn't matter if your initials are Jl JC WB or whatever. And looking at the playing style of JC I'm off the opinion he's a SG or even a SF. Only reason he is playing where he's playing is because of idioting 'vision' of BS or Kobe and JC fans. They are not doing him any favors.

Every team that has made it to the top has spent some time at the bottom. Laker fans have been really lucky in that the time we spend at the bottom as been a lot less than most teams. The "other" LA team spent three decades at the bottom. San Antonio has Duncan because they "tanked" one year. The best way back to the top is to accept a couple of bad years, draft well, collect talent and make some really good free agent signings. Has anybody done it any other way?

--Anonymous
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:

Every team that has made it to the top has spent some time at the bottom. Laker fans have been really lucky in that the time we spend at the bottom as been a lot less than most teams. The "other" LA team spent three decades at the bottom. San Antonio has Duncan because they "tanked" one year. The best way back to the top is to accept a couple of bad years, draft well, collect talent and make some really good free agent signings. Has anybody done it any other way?

But that is precisely what is killing the NBA. Good for teams - Bad for the sport. Look, people are paying serious dollars to watch these games and you're telling me it's OK to have them watch a bunch of rookies find their game? What's the diff between D-League and NBA? Your team represents your city, the team you cheer for (in a way it represents you - when you chat with your buddies who are cheering for another team) No way is it OK for your team to be 'developing' players on prime game time.

And by the way, they don't have to be at the top... or championship contenders. Some ones gotta be on top and some one has gotta be lining the bottom. But when people come to watch an NBA game they should expect to see professional players plying their well earned skills. We have places for development and the NBA floor on any team is not the place.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: aNTI tANK

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Anti-Tank-Weapon-2-psd74099.png
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:

But that is precisely what is killing the NBA. Good for teams - Bad for the sport.

Not really. It's been like this for quite a while. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy many years of winning and being the playoffs almost all the time for us to not notice.

This is how rebuilding works. I know it's a new concept for many Lakers fans to see but that's how it works. All about dat patience.

Until the system changes, this is how we play the game, how we build a dynasty.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
Lorenzomax wrote:

But that is precisely what is killing the NBA. Good for teams - Bad for the sport.

Not really. It's been like this for quite a while. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy many years of winning and being the playoffs almost all the time for us to not notice.

This is how rebuilding works. I know it's a new concept for many Lakers fans to see but that's how it works. All about dat patience.

Until the system changes, this is how we play the game, how we build a dynasty.

NO. No more dynasties - that's what the CAPS are intended - to never again have a dynasty. Which is good for the sport, because who wants to play/watch when, for example, if Lakers win every year because they have the most money to blow and 0tack their team with all the best players.

Now-a-days, the GM actually has to do work. Better teams actually have to hire folks with business accunum to maintain their brand rather than making the position a reward for has beens.

And coaches have to make the BEST of what they have and not make excuses of what they DON'T have.

As for picks going to the bottom teams - this has got to be the worst for the sport. It encourages tanking because you reward loosers. The most communistic scheme I've ever heard of. And it instills the players on the current roster the losers mentality. It rewards teams who play the system rather than the team that plays the sport.

And here's what it does to the new picks. You put a young rookie in a completely new environment and competition level, pay him millions of dollars on unproven (in the NBA anyway) track record. Lift their expectations to a stars level status and watch them either shine or crash and burn. To boot, you put your MOST hopeful (#1 pick) on the WORST NBA team. LOL. Can you imaging the incentive you create for you young talents? Play your heart out and be the #1 pick and we'll let the worst team in the league choose you on their team. ROFL.

How about you reward the #1 pick with the choice of which team they want to play on. Doesn't that make more sense?

The more I look at what has happened to this NBA, the more it looks like it was hacked by a bunch of commies.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:

How about you reward the #1 pick with the choice of which team they want to play on. Doesn't that make more sense?

Doesn't realm make sense.

The #1 pick is called the #1 pick because a team picked him first.
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:

What? How about #1 pick because he gets to pick? Didn't you read these rest of what I wrote?

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

CanadianFan wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:

What? How about #1 pick because he gets to pick? Didn't you read these rest of what I wrote?

Still doesn't make sense calling him the #1 pick. How is that determine that he's #1?
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:

Still doesn't make sense calling him the #1 pick. How is that determine that he's #1?

Well I guess we'll let the name of #1 pick decide what is best for NBA. SMH

fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
CanadianFan wrote:
sf2099 wrote:
Anthony Peeler wrote:

Jeremy Lin stats by game

Sun 3/15/15 vs ATL 0 assists 3 TOs 19 min 7 PTS

Mon 12/15/14 @ IND 1 assist 1 TO 17 min 2 PTS

Sun 11/16/14 vs GS 1 assist 1 TO 22 min 0-2 0 PTS

Wed 10/29/14 @ PHX 1 assist 2 TOs 21 min 6 PTS

Tue 3/4/14 vs MIA 0 assists 2 TOs 15 min 7 PTS

Sat 4/12/14 vs NO 1 assists 1 TO 31 min 18 PTS

Fri 4/11/14 @ MIN 1 assist 5 TOs 24 min 14 PTS

Tue 4/1/14 @ BKN 1 assist 2 TOs 33 min 16 PTS

Fri 1/10/14 @ ATL 1 assist 4 TOs 39 min 11 PTS

Fri 10/25/13 @ MEM 0 assists 0 TOs 14 min 8 PTS

Sun 12/29/13 @ OKC 1 assist 3 TOs 24 min 6 PTS

Mon 11/11/13 vs TOR 1 assist 5 TOs 46 min 31 PTS

Guess any PG can have an off game, even a non-rookie?

Totally agree with your opinion which every player has off days or bad luck sometime. Just add some other stats for your example, it will look better.

Sun 3/15/15 vs ATL 0 assists 3 TOs 19 min 7 PTS

Mon 12/15/14 @ IND 1 assist 1 TO 17 min 2 PTS

Sun 11/16/14 vs GS 1 assist 1 TO 22 min 0-2 0 PTS

Wed 10/29/14 @ PHX 1 assist 2 TOs 21 min 6 PTS

Tue 3/4/14 vs MIA 0 assists 2 TOs 15 min 7 PTS

Sat 4/12/14 vs NO 1 assists 1 TO 31 min 18 PTS

Fri 4/11/14 @ MIN 1 assist 5 TOs 24 min 14 PTS

Tue 4/1/14 @ BKN 1 assist 2 TOs 33 min 16 PTS

Fri 1/10/14 @ ATL 1 assist 4 TOs 39 min 11 PTS

Fri 10/25/13 @ MEM 0 assists 0 TOs 14 min 8 PTS

Sun 12/29/13 @ OKC 1 assist 3 TOs 24 min 6 PTS

Mon 11/11/13 vs TOR 1 assist 5 TOs 46 min 31 PTS
CanadianFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:

Totally agree with your opinion which every player has off days or bad luck sometime. Just add some other stats for your example, it will look better.

Two things, I don't have time to look into the stats but I'm going to guess most of those games JL was not playing PG, but SG. He hasn't been used as a PG for quite a while. Even now, he is in there not as a PG but SG and JC is running point. And here's the other thing. If JL is putting these assist numbers as PG, send him to the D-league as well and let them all 'develop'. Leave the NBA to PROs.

And you guys are missing the most important things I'm saying about the Lakers' franchise. The status of NBA and the cause of it's demise (they are loosing viewers by the droves.) Take a look at this forum for example.

Finally, JC is a SG or SF and not a PG. You guys are trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. YOU AND THE LAKERS COACHING STAFF ARE ALL NOT DOING HIM ANY FAVORS.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: