July 1, 2015 12:01AM Whose doorbell should Mitch ring?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

July 1, 2015 12:01AM Whose doorbell should Mitch ring?
LaMarcus Aldridge
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Marc Gasol
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Kevin Love
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Goran Dragic
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Rajon Rondo
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Greg Monroe
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Draymond Green RFA
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Kawhi Leonard RFA
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Jimmy Butler RFA
13%
 13%  [ 9 ]
Khris Middleton RFA
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 66

twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: July 1, 2015 12:01AM Whose doorbell should Mitch ring?

Free agency is a beauty contest, and first impressions count. And great way to make a first impression is to be the first to call, or first to meet said free agent face-to-face when free agency rolls around. The Lakers can target all the free agents they want, but the reality is, they only have a finite chance to make a great first impression. That being said, who do you think Mitch should first call or visit?
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I'd easily go with Dragic because Marc Gasol is not coming.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Where's DeAndre Jordan? Seems like the likeliest to get an unexpected visit from Mitch at his home since he's in LA.
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't even bother with restricted free agents.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Where's DeAndre Jordan? Seems like the likeliest to get an unexpected visit from Mitch at his home since he's in LA.

We'd either have to draft or trade for a big man. None of them are coming to the Lakers.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
I wouldn't even bother with restricted free agents.

Same feelings here.

twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Sorry guys, I put in De Andre, and Others as an option it said I put too many poll options, and they didnt appear. FYI, I would have voted for DJ.
Can any mod help?

Last edited by twisted on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

I voted Dragic only because DeAndre Jordan wasn't a choice.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Also say no to Kevin Love, Rondo and even Greg Monroe. If Greg Monroe was a good rim protector I'd give him a call his free throw percentage needed to be at 80%+ to impress me.

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Khris Middleton or Tobais Harris.

Jimmy Butler is a lost cause pursuit. Bulls will match ANYTHING he is offered.

Draymond Green won't fit here. He fits more as a PF and would lose the advantages he brings for the Warriors by playing SF here.

Kawhi Leonard, read Jimmy Butler.

LaMarcus Aldridge, also lost cause. He's got a great gig with His team that is a title contender at best, playoff contender at worst, will get paid the most money there, and living in a nice city in Oregon. Lastly, he is 29 years old turning 30 next year. Not needed or recommended for this team long term future.

Marc Gasol, read Lamarcus Aldridge, except for the Oregon part XD.

Kevin Love, absolutely not. He doesn't help a bad team and make them into even playoff contenders. He is an empty stat stuffer who is also a HUGE liability on the defensive side of the court. He is also injury prone and is 7 years older than Julius Randle. Love not only hurts the team long term, but doesn't help much if at all short team. He's just a name at this point.

Rajon Rondo, THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 GUY YOU DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT SIGN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE! He's very overrated, he's a terrible shooter outside 15 feet, he is a worse free throw shooter than Shaq, and makes the team WORSE. Don't believe me? Ask the Celtics when they went from Tankers to Playoff contenders since the trade. Look at how much the Mavs declined since they got Rondo. They did not get any better at all with him and he has regressed so much. DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT HIM!

Goran Dragic, both a waste of time to try to acquire because the Heat will resign him to a max with more years, AND not reccommened to get due to his age as well. Lakers need to go really young here, and Dragic I admit is very good, doesn't help a team THAT much. Just look at how mediocre the Heat still are (although Bosh is out, my point still stands).

Greg Monroe, that is a very tricky one. It will GREATLY depend on who the Lakers use the lottery pick (hopefully we keep please) on. If they draft a Center, Monroe would be a waste of time and money. If not, than that's a different story. He's still young, very good center and would look better on the right team, and could even improve a lot more on the Lakers. I guess the only question would be...how much are we talking? A max? Then no. For the right price AND if we don't draft a center, he is worth talking about.

Now for those that ask why Harris or Middleton? Simple:

Khris Middleton, very young, but already a very good if not GREAT shooter in the long. He can play either SF or SG easily. A great shooter to go along with a future core like Clarkson, Randle, and hopefully a top 5 pick? What a time to be alive! The only problem is, he's a restricted free agent. But that's ok. The Bucks have shown already that even players like Brandon Knight was expendable by trading him away before he becomes a RFA himself. And they also already have Jabari Parker as their future Small Foward. I would not mind at all to give this guy a rookie max. He is a perfect guy to have on this team due to his age and skill set.

Tobais Harris, yeah another RFA, but that's ok. He's a talented overall scorer. A guy you can rely on to hit the big shot when it counts, and with Kobe gone after next season, having a guy like that on the team would be valuable. Either that, or just a guy with an all around skill set that is a very capable scorer would be great to have. Especially at his age. And like the Bucks, the Magic will likely treat him as expendable. But not only that, the Magic have so much young talent on the team, including their own lottery pick they can use to draft a guy to replace, it just makes it more likely.

My own little analysis here.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Need to see who we draft first, but of your choices in the poll? I picked Middleton
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

If we draft a guard like Russell, then what about Kanter and Tobias to fill our the roster? I'm not clear on rookie contracts.. can Kanter be had?

Kanter
Julius
Tobias
Kobe
Russell
JC 6th man waiting for Mamba to retire. LOL!
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I've wanted Enes Kanter since his time with Utah. The way he usually man-handled the Lakers bigs always impressed me. The flashes he shown early on were very, very promising.

But.. he's not an elite shot blocker so nobody here cares much for him lol

I wish people would stray away from thinking there's an exact formula for a winning team lol. Terms like elite, shot blocker, rim protector, 3 & D, Russell Westbrook stopper all get used way too much.

Sometimes.. it's just the way a team complements each other as a whole rather than putting together players that fit specific roles.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject:

I voted for Love, only because I see him as a realistic possibility that we could get the most bang for our buck. I think Randle ends up being a star though, so this is complicated for me. I guess I would be willing to over pay for Middleton though, but I really rather not bother with RFAs but maybe if we offer enough, Milwaukee won't match because of Antetkoukompo and Parker? Idk.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
If we draft a guard like Russell, then what about Kanter and Tobias to fill our the roster? I'm not clear on rookie contracts.. can Kanter be had?

Kanter
Julius
Tobias
Kobe
Russell
JC 6th man waiting for Mamba to retire. LOL!

What salary projections do you have for Kanter and Tobias?
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Draymond Green won't fit here. He fits more as a PF and would lose the advantages he brings for the Warriors by playing SF here.

LaMarcus Aldridge, also lost cause. He's got a great gig with His team that is a title contender at best, playoff contender at worst, will get paid the most money there, and living in a nice city in Oregon. Lastly, he is 29 years old turning 30 next year. Not needed or recommended for this team long term future.

Kevin Love, absolutely not. He doesn't help a bad team and make them into even playoff contenders. He is an empty stat stuffer who is also a HUGE liability on the defensive side of the court. He is also injury prone and is 7 years older than Julius Randle. Love not only hurts the team long term, but doesn't help much if at all short team. He's just a name at this point.

Rajon Rondo, THIS IS THE NUMBER 1 GUY YOU DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT SIGN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE! He's very overrated, he's a terrible shooter outside 15 feet, he is a worse free throw shooter than Shaq, and makes the team WORSE. Don't believe me? Ask the Celtics when they went from Tankers to Playoff contenders since the trade. Look at how much the Mavs declined since they got Rondo. They did not get any better at all with him and he has regressed so much. DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT HIM!

Goran Dragic, both a waste of time to try to acquire because the Heat will resign him to a max with more years, AND not reccommened to get due to his age as well. Lakers need to go really young here, and Dragic I admit is very good, doesn't help a team THAT much. Just look at how mediocre the Heat still are (although Bosh is out, my point still stands).

Greg Monroe, that is a very tricky one. It will GREATLY depend on who the Lakers use the lottery pick (hopefully we keep please) on. If they draft a Center, Monroe would be a waste of time and money. If not, than that's a different story. He's still young, very good center and would look better on the right team, and could even improve a lot more on the Lakers. I guess the only question would be...how much are we talking? A max? Then no. For the right price AND if we don't draft a center, he is worth talking about.

Khris Middleton, very young, but already a very good if not GREAT shooter in the long. He can play either SF or SG easily. A great shooter to go along with a future core like Clarkson, Randle, and hopefully a top 5 pick? What a time to be alive! The only problem is, he's a restricted free agent. But that's ok. The Bucks have shown already that even players like Brandon Knight was expendable by trading him away before he becomes a RFA himself. And they also already have Jabari Parker as their future Small Foward. I would not mind at all to give this guy a rookie max. He is a perfect guy to have on this team due to his age and skill set.

Tobais Harris, yeah another RFA, but that's ok. He's a talented overall scorer. A guy you can rely on to hit the big shot when it counts, and with Kobe gone after next season, having a guy like that on the team would be valuable. Either that, or just a guy with an all around skill set that is a very capable scorer would be great to have. Especially at his age. And like the Bucks, the Magic will likely treat him as expendable. But not only that, the Magic have so much young talent on the team, including their own lottery pick they can use to draft a guy to replace, it just makes it more likely.

Sigh, I actually completely agree with everything you said here except Monroe does not deserve a max or even close to it. Ed Davis is a much more impactful player. If only you weren't so often dead-set on your dislike of jeremy Lin, I could actually see the merit in some of your comments As for picking up Kanter, (someone else said that) note the Jazz record since they traded him away. The guy will never be on a contender. Basically a better Jordan Hill (not saying much) he doesn't block shots, rotate on D, draw charges, box out, or do any of the dirty work that a winning pf/c will do for your team. Pass.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject:

Robin Lopez
waldzell
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

instead of going for one great big man, how about having two very defensive and solid big men: ed davis and omer asik?

could easily pay for those two by dropping hill and boozer. (~12 mill combined)
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Meh, the lakers are better off doing another Lin trade if Harris and Middleton are your best FA's.

If we're going the long term route, I'd rather trade for a veteran on an expiring contract (while gaining some picks) or take a flyer on someone rather than commit significant salary for solid players, even with the cap increase. Harris and Middleton, while showing nice potential, aren't players to lose sleep over given their FA status.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

When you aren't bent on bashing Lin, you actually make sense.

Love is fool's gold and not a winner.

I think Omer Asik should be on this list.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

One would hope they make a good move this summer if one's available. They may just stand pat.
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

I don't see any of these players coming to the Lakers.

Dragic is your best chance but, sadly, Kobe wants Rondo so Rondo it is.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
Megaton wrote:

When you aren't bent on bashing Lin, you actually make sense.

Love is fool's gold and not a winner.

I think Omer Asik should be on this list.

I bash Lin because he's not gonna be on the team next year and is only hurting the current tank. He's useless to me unless otherwise.

If it makes you feel better, I feel exactly the same way with Nick Young. And it shows how much I know when the Lakers decided to resign that damn guy for 4 years and 20+ mill.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Not first, or what I think the Lakers will do, but here are the guys I hope the FO contacts.

DeMarre Carroll
Jae Crowder
Jimmy Butler
Roy Hibbert
David West
DeAndre Jordan
Marc Gasol
Khris Middleton
Tobias Harris
KJ McDaniels
Goran Dragic
Aldridge
R. Lopez
Kawhi Leonard
Danny Green
Amir Johnson
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Depends on who we draft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: