Don't panic just yet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Beating the 76er's in this last game sure didn't help. Kind of removed much of a chance of finishing #3 anymore and pretty much locked in #4 as the best possible outcome. And it went to OT, wow, to bad.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
teamtank2016
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject:

Thinking the Sixers made a smart trade with Phoenix, and just getting ready for another tank next year. Maybe the FO will finally figure out how to do it properly.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rybee wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
The bottom line is the Lakers can't afford more than one more win this season!

Maybe Denver? I don't see any other wins out there.

At home vs Wolves and Kings seem like two other possible wins.

The Kings should kill us. Agree with the Wolves, I missed that one.

The kings started to sit Cousins. They say he may not play on the road for the rest of the season and full shutdown is possible. It will be tough to lose both against the kings.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject:

You guys are channeling the anger at the wrong direction. It's never a bad thing that a team of D league talent and some of our 2nd round draft picks win games. That's a good thing. Whats put us in this mess is poor longterm planning. There was too much arrogance involved in the Nash trade. The pick should have been better protected - and not so many should have been given away. It is what it is.

All that said, we are still at 4th worst record as of today. Nothing to panic about yet.

Btw not every lotto pick is gold. was watching Washington the other day. Otto Porter was a number 3 pick a few years ago. The last few years a lot of the top 5-10 picks have been backup quality players, let alone starters or all stars. There's no guarantee that with Randle and a number 4 or 5 pick this year we have all stars or even starters there. A lot of teams top picks have been subpar the last few years. Free agency and trade is far more important to the Lakers championships hope imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
You guys are channeling the anger at the wrong direction. It's never a bad thing that a team of D league talent and some of our 2nd round draft picks win games. That's a good thing. Whats put us in this mess is poor longterm planning. There was too much arrogance involved in the Nash trade. The pick should have been better protected - and not so many should have been given away. It is what it is.

All that said, we are still at 4th worst record as of today. Nothing to panic about yet.

Btw not every lotto pick is gold. was watching Washington the other day. Otto Porter was a number 3 pick a few years ago. The last few years a lot of the top 5-10 picks have been backup quality players, let alone starters or all stars. There's no guarantee that with Randle and a number 4 or 5 pick this year we have all stars or even starters there. A lot of teams top picks have been subpar the last few years. Free agency and trade is far more important to the Lakers championships hope imo.

Wolf, to the FO's credit, when they get a top draft pick, they hit it out of the ballpark. Simply put, there's no way Mitch would have picked Otto Porter with the 3rd pick. Having that pick does a few things: 1) FO will pick a stud, and/or 2) FO can use that pick as part of a trade package.

Losing that pick means we miss out on those two opportunities above from a team that historically hits grand slams with a top 5 pick, unlike teams like Washington.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject:

I completely agree, yinoma
Keeping the pick is a great asset.
However, it's not the end of the world of the Lakers lost it and certainly the Lakers could wind up drafting someone no better than an average NBA player with this pick(it's a possibility).

I have been on the tank wagon as well - I'm just saying its no given that this pick or Randle turn into bonafide all stars. They are quality assets no doubt.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I completely agree, yinoma
Keeping the pick is a great asset.
However, it's not the end of the world of the Lakers lost it and certainly the Lakers could wind up drafting someone no better than an average NBA player with this pick(it's a possibility).

I have been on the tank wagon as well - I'm just saying its no given that this pick or Randle turn into bonafide all stars. They are quality assets no doubt.

The one thing I'm 100% optimistic about when it comes to the Lakers is picking in the top 10. I mean, it's grand slam after grand slam. So the chances IMO that we pick a dud instead of a stud remain low.

It's just one of those things where you just shake your head. Is being 4th worst more "noble" than being 3rd or 2nd worst, considering the increased odds (and a guarantee at 2nd) that we keep a top 5 pick?

To me, it's not a balanced view. If we were say the 10th worst team then fine, try to win as many as possible. But what is the moral difference between 4th worst and 3rd/2nd worst?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: