Byron: "Whatever happens, happens. I don't care about the Lottery, it's about Winning Games"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Retread, stubborn, stale, awful coach who only got hired because he was part of the Showtime Lakers, as if that has anything to do with coaching.

I'm interested in the next coach that the Lakers will pick. Hoping that they won't be stingy with the $. Go get a real coach when we have real talent. I guess Scott is fine as the interim until Kobe retires.

Okay so what coach should the Lakers get? What coach is available? Finally what coach that's available WILL SATISFY LG? All there is on this board is (bleep) and moaning about Byron when clearly its not Byron's coaching that's making this team terrible. Dare I say injuries have 85% to do with why the Lakers suck?

2016? Calipari. Hoiberg. Maybe Thibs. Hell, even newbies like Mark Madsen. Plenty of options. Scott was brought here IMO for Kobe, to "manage" him in his final years. Once Kobe retires, Scott's stay won't be for long.

So what happened during the 1-9 start? Only Randle/Nash were hurt (and Nash would have been killed out there...Randle was a loss but we had Boozer/Davis/Hill at that point).
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
9 games left and five of them very winnable.

Yes, watch Coach Barnacles (Scott) and boy genius (Clarkson) make that dream come true.

You're mad at Clarkson?

Not impressed. All he had to do was miss the shot knowing there are not much to look forward to this season. Dumb move. "Stupid is what stupid does."

So you adtually want Clarkson to start his Laker career by intentionally throwing games? Yikes.

If he is smart? YES. Their season is practically over. Loosing right now guarantees a top 5 talent. The same talented pick that could help him win games in years to come.

Reminds me of the another guy who keeps defending he did not negotiate $24M salary. Money that could have acquired better talents to help him win games and a greater chance to get to the finals.

Last edited by orwell on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Yes, watch Coach Barnacles (Scott) and boy genius (Clarkson) make that dream come true.

You're mad at Clarkson?

Not impressed. All he had to do was miss the shot knowing there are not much to look forward to this season. Dumb move. "Stupid is what stupid does."

So you adtually want Clarkson to start his Laker career by intentionally throwing games? Yikes.

If he is smart? YES. Loosing right now guarantees a top 5 talent. The same talented pick that could help him win games in years to come.

Reminds me of the another guy who keeps defending he did not negotiate $24M salary. Money that could have acquired more talents to help him win games and a greater chance to get to the finals.

Moving into the 3rd spot (which wouldn't have happened if we won last night) wouldn't guarantee keeping the pick.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm not surprised, If he really wanted to lose he would have played Sacre more last game. He needs to realize that this pick is more important then winning meaningless games.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:

If he is smart? YES. Their season is practically over. Loosing right now guarantees a top 5 talent. The same talented pick that could help him win games in years to come. .

Reality check: Clarkson is a rookie second-round pick who is fighting for a place in the league. He's thinking about his own future right now.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I'm not surprised, If he really wanted to lose he would have played Sacre more last game. He needs to realize that this pick is more important then winning meaningless games.

He put kelly at center.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You're mad at Clarkson?

Not impressed. In order to guarantee the top 4 pick, all he had to do was miss the shot knowing there are not much to look forward to this season. Dumb move. "Stupid is what stupid does."

You speak with the voice of experience.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

iggypop123 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He put kelly at center.
Kelly was playing great yesterday, 16 pts, 7 rebs, 4 ast, 4 blks. He's 7'0 230 lbs so he can play C vs certain teams. Byron definitely wanted to win last game. If Sacre had been in there for Kelly we would have loss.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You're mad at Clarkson?

Not impressed. In order to guarantee the top 4 pick, all he had to do was miss the shot knowing there are not much to look forward to this season. Dumb move. "Stupid is what stupid does."

I agree. It's not Jordan's job to ensure the Lakers get a top 5 pick, and it's monumentally ridiculous to expect him to put forth less than his best effort when he steps on the court.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Sacre: Minutes Played - 48

needs to happen every game now.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
(bleep) moron.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Byron: "Whatever happens, happens. I don't care about the Lottery, it's about Winning Games"

Jordan-esque wrote:
What else is he supposed to say right? Right?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150331_Sixers_lose_to_Lakers_in_OT.html#GBqJjZ5GWEIR32dA.99

Quote:
The Lakers would never admit it publicly, but their 113-111 overtime victory Monday over the Sixers probably cost them something on lottery night.

With another win, the Lakers move another game closer to potentially losing their Top 5 pick. Lakers are now only just 2 wins ahead of Orlando for the 4th spot in the lottery.

The Sixers will get the Lakers' first-round pick in the draft if Los Angeles finishes outside of the Top 5 in the lottery. The chances are slim, although Monday's result makes it slightly more likely.

The Lakers' lottery-laden fans might say otherwise. But Coach Byron Scott would gladly debate them.

"I don't care about the lottery, I don't care about that stuff," Scott said after the win. "It's all about trying to get better as a team and trying to keep winning games."

"Whatever happens, happens. I can't control that."

Obviously, he can't say anything else. For those bemoaning Scott's statement, what would you say? I doubt any of you would openly admit that you wished you lost the game.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Focus on the future BS, as the present is as awful as it has EVER been! Then again, you probably know that you're not part of the future.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Max Kellerman definitely visits this site.

Just so tired of listening to Marcellus Wiley, he proclaims himself a Clippers fan but says "he cares about the Lakers" and says "keep winning those games Coach Byron, keep winning those games!" What a troll.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Just tells you how big of a coaching failure Byron is. In games he tried to win (early in the season with Kobe), he couldn't come up with a solid out of bounds play off the timeout. Resulted in losses (about 11 of them).

Now the opposite of that is he can't even lose the games he is supposed to lose! He's trying though with lineups like Sacre, Jabari, Clarkson, Kelly and Wesley or even Tarick in crunch time. That is a glaring tank lineup when you know you have other players readily available on the team that are not as bad. But still the supposed losses end up as Ws. If I were him I'd just bench Clarkson, Lin and Ellington during the crucial stretch.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Deep down inside of him, Byron does not believe that. Trust me guys, he really isn't that stupid. He knows how important this draft pick is. At least I hope he does.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
JayLida wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Retread, stubborn, stale, awful coach who only got hired because he was part of the Showtime Lakers, as if that has anything to do with coaching.

I'm interested in the next coach that the Lakers will pick. Hoping that they won't be stingy with the $. Go get a real coach when we have real talent. I guess Scott is fine as the interim until Kobe retires.

Okay so what coach should the Lakers get? What coach is available? Finally what coach that's available WILL SATISFY LG? All there is on this board is (bleep) and moaning about Byron when clearly its not Byron's coaching that's making this team terrible. Dare I say injuries have 85% to do with why the Lakers suck?

2016? Calipari. Hoiberg. Maybe Thibs. Hell, even newbies like Mark Madsen. Plenty of options. Scott was brought here IMO for Kobe, to "manage" him in his final years. Once Kobe retires, Scott's stay won't be for long.

So what happened during the 1-9 start? Only Randle/Nash were hurt (and Nash would have been killed out there...Randle was a loss but we had Boozer/Davis/Hill at that point).

Calipari- sucked his first time around and will want control of personnel decisions, ask Phil how that will work out. Chances are he wants to stay in Kentucky but he's using NBA teams as a leverage to get paid more with his new coaching contract.
Mark Madsen- has been groomed for a while. But I know practically nothing about his coaching philosophy be it X's and O's or player management off the court (balancing personalities, respect from players, etc). Even when Scott's mother recently passed (*Side note: alot of respect for Scott returning to coaching so quickly) Pressey coached us. Not Madsen.
Boozer was amnestied for a reason, davis is getting paid 1 mill for a reason, and ask fiendishoc about how great Hill is).

Kobe went down last year and we sucked then too. With completely different X's and O's. And Pau Gasol! You know, the guy who started for the East All Stars this year, looked washed up last year.

3 coaches in 4 seasons, all chewed up and spit out by LG for different reasons. Brown- princeton offense; MDA- alienating Pau, playing Kobe 40+ minutes, lost respect of players in the locker room; Scott- analytics, playing Kobe 30+ minutes.

At what point will people realize, changing coaching every other year isn't that great of an idea. Especially when your healthy players average out to bottom feeding/D-league talent.

P.S. Nash couldn't play much either the first 10 games, and Kobe had already partially torn his rotator cuff.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You're mad at Clarkson?

I agree. It's not Jordan's job to ensure the Lakers get a top 5 pick, and it's monumentally ridiculous to expect him to put forth less than his best effort when he steps on the court.

I was trying to argue Clarkson's shortsightedness (also known as a brain fart) during the game earlier, BUT I guess both of your comments confirms that he is dumber than a doorknob. His actions confirm how Pavlov's dog would have reacted when the bell rings. Confirm that you can't teach IQ. Very disappointing.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject:

i am just purely disgusted with this coach
why did we even fire MDA for him?

he is a downgrade
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Get the hell out Scott. Lakers lose this pick, I never want to see his face again.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson didn't have a brain fart, he did what he is paid to do. If you fail to understand that it is on you.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Clarkson didn't have a brain fart, he did what he is paid to do. If you fail to understand that it is on you.

Yes, it is on me because I had and/or have high hopes for this kid. I guess I was wrong.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You're mad at Clarkson?

Let's knock this kind of thing off.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
orwell wrote:
ocho wrote:
orwell wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You're mad at Clarkson?

Let's knock this kind of thing off.

VLF is funnier than usual today.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
the coach and the players are responsible for winning games as best they can. the front office and management is responsible for balancing the desire to win games today with the desire to contend for championships in the future.

you can never ask a coach or players to deliberately lose games, that's simply a loser's attitude. if you're competing, compete. the front office can do things like hold players out or dictate rotation changes but once you're on the court, you try to win.

This ^ I'm not a supporter of Scott in particular. But, I completely agree with this. No coach is hired to teach players how to lose on purpose.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: