+++++ Lakers @ Clippers +++++ 4/07/15 7:30PM PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject:

Melbournefans wrote:
Lin was on fire during 1st quarter, made 2 3points shot.
what happened then?
went to bench.......
The reason?
Ask Scott...

Two shots is hardly on fire. Especially for someone shooting 5 for 27 in his last three games. Lin finished 3 for 10 shooting for the game. That's 22% shooting over the last four games. He also wasn't rebounding or getting assists at much of a rate either.

Lin played the minutes he deserved, fourth most minutes of any Laker player tonight. More minutes than Tarik Black, more than Ed Davis. Those two were 9 of 13 shooting for the night, far better than Lin. Not to mention they had 20 rebounds between them to Lin's 2 rebounds. But I don't see any Black or Davis fans in here complaining.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject:

[Unnecessary inflammatory comment removed. -CL]
Melbournefans
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:35 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Melbournefans wrote:
what happened then?
went to bench.......
The reason?
Ask Scott...

Two shots is hardly on fire. Especially for someone shooting 5 for 27 in his last three games. Lin finished 3 for 10 shooting for the game. That's 22% shooting over the last four games. He also wasn't rebounding or getting assists at much of a rate either.

Lin played the minutes he deserved, fourth most minutes of any Laker player tonight. More minutes than Tarik Black, more than Ed Davis. Those two were 9 of 13 shooting for the night, far better than Lin. Not to mention they had 20 rebounds between them to Lin's 2 rebounds. But I don't see any Black or Davis fans in here complaining.

Have you ever played basketball?
Do you know what is on fire mean? i don't think anyone can keep on fire after he came from bench?
OK let's talk about assist, Lin passed balls, and they can't made the shot. it's Lin's fault.. good point...

Last edited by Melbournefans on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject:

Melbournefans wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Melbournefans wrote:
what happened then?
went to bench.......
The reason?
Ask Scott...

Have you ever played basketball?
Do you know what is on fire mean? i don't think anyone can keep on fire after he came from bench?
OK let's talk about assist, Lin passed balls, and they can't made the shot. it's Lin's fault.. good point...

I don't think you can always go on stats. Lin made some pretty passes to Black. Also, Lin didn't have his guy to play with, Davis, for the last few games. His 5 assists came in 24 1/4 minutes (Clarkson's 6 assists came in 35 1/2 minutes). Lin didn't get 35 minutes and Bucyks deserves to play over Lin? As I mentioned before Lin was coming back from a nasty sinus condition which clearly affected how he was playing 3 games so this whatever poor shooting percentage for those games has a lot to do with that. Lin got to the line, late in the game and sank his FTs, Lin made a solid hustle play taking a strong hit to the chin and not allow Griffin to just dunk the ball which he would have done without Lin D'ing him up. That shows the type of player he is, sacrificing his body like that for a meaningless game.

I think Lin should have started the 2nd quarter and kept in his rhythm, not cool off of the bench. Also, Lin is playing 2 guard, not point guard most of the game and plays better when he's a PG at least half of the time if there is another ball handler on the court with him.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Melbournefans wrote:
what happened then?
went to bench.......
The reason?
Ask Scott...

So what if Black or Davis fans don't "complain". I think Scott has been horrible in not playing Davis those few games for no reason. Davis is a guy who I feel deserved to play in every game and he had every right, AFAIC, to voice his opinion that he didn't appreciate the CD-DNPs. I thought it was disgraceful that he had Davis essentially playing garbage time with the 3rd stringers in the previous Clipper game when Davis is one of his best big men around the rim and the best shot blocker/rim protector. You didn't mention that Lin was the only one with a shot block and not a big man. I don't' think it is particularly relevant but it is in the box score.
Lakerbull
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

2 3pt shots in a quarter with this team is on-fire gotta give him that.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

Clarkson, Black and Davis all played great. Hope to see the three of them back next year.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
[Unnecessary inflammatory comment removed. -CL]

Awwww c'mon Linda... Let me have some fun!! Just kidding.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

I think the 'fans' should be happy we fought but lost, and moving towards tanking for the pick, and JC did well while Lin didn't go Linsanity mode to cause a win. Perfect outcome. Let's cheer. LOL.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
I think the 'fans' should be happy we fought but lost, and moving towards tanking for the pick, and JC did well while Lin didn't go Linsanity mode to cause a win. Perfect outcome. Let's cheer. LOL.

Ha, there were some tense moments though. Funny thing is, Buycks (sp?), Sacre and company led the charge in the 4th to make the game close.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

KLS wrote:

I think Laker fans are very happy with Clarkson's progress and how he played last night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: