Vonleh/ Lavine

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Vonleh/ Lavine

I've seen him recieving some minor slander in the lounge the past week.
Well, I like his skill and his physical tools. That equals a lot of potential to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQLFMre7tc
6pt highlights lol. A very nice post fadeaway jumper, a legit NBA scorers move.
An ISO ball handling exhibition,ended with a missed jumper off a stepback (tried to bank it)
And a 3pointer.

Here's a putback dunk https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_eGXzqTbUwM#
(Using his athleticism)
His arms in this Philly game were on some Karl Malone stuff, and he shows flashes of quickness.

I know everyone says that he doesn't use all of his athleticism. That may be fair. But I still think he can get the job done with what athleticism he does use. But really, I just think his ceiling depends on how his skills develop. He has skillsets all over the place, they get overlooked tho. Will he develop the skills, idk. But I like his potential.

EDIT: Zach Lavine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ev2FPW3qS6E# Kid is starting to use his athleticism.Finishing with exolosive layups, he's watched Westbrook tape, very similar layups here. And he's also going full speed on the break now. And he looks very fast
His handle has improved a bit over the year. I wasn't high on him at all before the year - he showed very little skill at UCLA. But he's showed potential this season. Jumper off the dribble, handle improving, and starting to use his athleticm. I like.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

Honestly forgot he even existed. He's had a very disappointing year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

remember the endless Vonleh vs Payne debates?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

Not a good 1st year. Can't even got off the bench when Jefferson got injured. Coaching staff showing no confidence in him.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject:

When I was following the draft talent last year - this Vonleh was the most intriguing and risky pick. I felt Randle was far more of a sure thing, but Vonleh's ceiling seemed higher to me.

I really liked the guys upside - but not sure he will reach it. There are guys you are less sure of and are risky picks. I would have put him similar to picking Bynum and bringing him along slowly. The clay is there. The guy can be a multiple position power player in the modern NBA. Most important he can impact both sides of the ball. Just have no clue if he can develop and put it together now that he has millions guaranteed in the bank.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
When I was following the draft talent last year - this Vonleh was the most intriguing and risky pick. I felt Randle was far more of a sure thing, but Vonleh's ceiling seemed higher to me.

I really liked the guys upside - but not sure he will reach it. There are guys you are less sure of and are risky picks. I would have put him similar to picking Bynum and bringing him along slowly. The clay is there. The guy can be a multiple position power player in the modern NBA. Most important he can impact both sides of the ball. Just have no clue if he can develop and put it together now that he has millions guaranteed in the bank.

It's the lack of motor and killer instinct that made me so down on him. You could see so many games where he was content just to be in the flow of things.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Honestly forgot he even existed. He's had a very disappointing year.

Still a better year than Randle.

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Vonleh/ Lavine

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Well, I like his skill and his physical tools. That equals a lot of potential to me.

An ISO ball handling exhibition,ended with a missed jumper off a stepback (tried to bank it)
And a 3pointer.

(Using his athleticism)
His arms in this Philly game were on some Karl Malone stuff, and he shows flashes of quickness.

I know everyone says that he doesn't use all of his athleticism. That may be fair. But I still think he can get the job done with what athleticism he does use. But really, I just think his ceiling depends on how his skills develop. He has skillsets all over the place, they get overlooked tho. Will he develop the skills, idk. But I like his potential.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ev2FPW3qS6E# Kid is starting to use his athleticism.Finishing with exolosive layups, he's watched Westbrook tape, very similar layups here. And he's also going full speed on the break now. And he looks very fast
His handle has improved a bit over the year. I wasn't high on him at all before the year - he showed very little skill at UCLA. But he's showed potential this season. Jumper off the dribble, handle improving, and starting to use his athleticm. I like.

As some know, LaVine was my guy in the draft last year. It'll be interesting to see how he develops going forward. What I liked most about him was his work ethic. He certainly has the tools, and has shown some promise this year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vonleh/ Lavine

USCandLakers wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

And a 3pointer.

(Using his athleticism)

As some know, LaVine was my guy in the draft last year. It'll be interesting to see how he develops going forward. What I liked most about him was his work ethic. He certainly has the tools, and has shown some promise this year.

I didn't wake up again to him until late. Still concerned about finishing through contact, but NBA spacing helped him A LOT.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

37 for Lavine. 6 3s. Gotta see the highlights. How many off the dribble, and what else he did.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
37 for Lavine. 6 3s. Gotta see the highlights. How many off the dribble, and what else he did.

I like Lavine. He has a league worst +/-. But the Twolves sucked long before he arrived.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I'm still high on him....sure he's still raw but he's what only 20?
If he keeps working on his game he'll have a bright future.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Vonleh 16 and 12 today.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ya I'm pretty damn high on him now.

Again, what does the finish/takeoff at :40 look like. Westbrook, that's his two foot sideways takeoff. Same explosion, with the finess double clutch.
And then a bevy of off the dribble 3s rained late to take the game to OT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0mIsIXDg4#
Look at this take on dame Lillard at 1:40+ . Tight handle, changes direction a couple times and then the burst. He defenitely has the burst to play PG. Yes dame is a bad defender, but Lavine worked for that take.

Driving ability + athleticism + off the dribble jumpshot is the prototype star Imo.

I like Clarkson but right now Id take Lavine over him. Lavines jumper separates them. He's also going to maybe be a Westbrook type finisher with the unstoppable explosive layups.
I was not high on this kid at all , he didn't show he had this at UCLA. His handle was slop, and he didn't show the off the dribble jumper. This kind of development is only possible when you put the ball in your young guys' hands. I'm praying that Scott lets our young players have big offensive roles next year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject:

Vonley's breakout game.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

LaVine finished the season very strong. 19/13/5

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ya I'm pretty damn high on him now.

Again, what does the finish/takeoff at :40 look like. Westbrook, that's his two foot sideways takeoff. Same explosion, with the finess double clutch.
And then a bevy of off the dribble 3s rained late to take the game to OT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0mIsIXDg4#
Look at this take on dame Lillard at 1:40+ . Tight handle, changes direction a couple times and then the burst. He defenitely has the burst to play PG. Yes dame is a bad defender, but Lavine worked for that take.

Driving ability + athleticism + off the dribble jumpshot is the prototype star Imo.

I like Clarkson but right now Id take Lavine over him. Lavines jumper separates them. He's also going to maybe be a Westbrook type finisher with the unstoppable explosive layups.
I was not high on this kid at all , he didn't show he had this at UCLA. His handle was slop, and he didn't show the off the dribble jumper. This kind of development is only possible when you put the ball in your young guys' hands. I'm praying that Scott lets our young players have big offensive roles next year.

I'm a HUGE Lavine fan. I really wanted to get another pick last year so we could grab him. Great player. Tremendous upside. I know he has a league bottom +/- but that is a reflection on the team more than anything else.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

I still love Vonleh. He was always going to be a project. I Lakers should offer the Houston 1st and the 2nd

I would be willing to pay you for it.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
I still love Vonleh. He was always going to be a project. I Lakers should offer the Houston 1st and the 2nd

Why would Charlotte do that? I'm sure they won't give up on him this soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: