Question. Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 26 ]
No
87%
 87%  [ 175 ]
Total Votes : 201

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Question. Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
It's just a question.

What if the Lakers hypothetically had the #4 and #8 pick?

Would you want a combination of lottery picks?

Or do you want to stick it out with Randle?

I'm not denying Randle's talent by any means. He was my favorite of last year's draft.

I just want to see what everyone's input is.

Not to split hairs, but I remember you liking several players more than Randle last year, including Exum, Gordon, & (I believe) Smart.

I tend to like a lot of players in the draft, especially those aforementioned names. After Exum, I had Randle on my list. I wanted Exum to work with Bryant and Nash and really make strides with his talent.

So, color me happy when the Lakers drafted Randle, not McDermott.

I also think Randle has a lot to prove in terms of talent and health, so I asked the question out of sheer curiosity.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Question. Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
It's just a question.

What if the Lakers hypothetically had the #4 and #8 pick?

Would you want a combination of lottery picks?

Or do you want to stick it out with Randle?

I'm not denying Randle's talent by any means. He was my favorite of last year's draft.

I just want to see what everyone's input is.

Not to split hairs, but I remember you liking several players more than Randle last year, including Exum, Gordon, & (I believe) Smart.

Hairs have been split.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Randle is 6'9 250 lbs, has the quickness of a SF, power of some centers, and the ball handling of a guard. The last two players that had those physical attributes were Lebron and Barkley. He's a physical specimen.

I disagree with power of some centers. He lost weight since he was a Laker. I disagree with ball-handling of a guard. Going end-to-end? Sure. Otherwise, he's a straight line driver with the crossover at the beginning of his drive.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
What it Randle's best skill on the NBA level? It's not post-play from what I've seen, nor as a stretch shooter although that's something that could be learned but seems doubtful. Finishing on the pick and roll? Face up iso's? Ballhandling and setting up teammates (this is the one i would lean towards). He's a hard player to read.

High post play. Mid range jumpshooter, aggressively attack with strength, face-up game, some playmaking from that position on the floor.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Randle is treated like a little Laker baby around here. Highest draft pick since Worthy. Right now he is still wearing diapers and is so adoreable. I like this kids character, personality and apparent work ethic. But the jury is still out on him. He has already had foot and leg injuries at a young age. He could end up being a bust.

The bolded is funny. But everything else you said is true.
I have to think an impartial observer would say Randle isn't worth more than the pick he was picked at last year (7th). He's finished the equivalent number of season games as anyone else in this draft, 0.
Is he worth more than a true incoming rookie because he's been training but not playing?
Objectively, I think the injury hurts his value.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

Gordon was the one player that I knew would be a bust because he had no offensive game and you had him rated high. I don't fall for certain players, have to look at the full body of work. I'm not sold on WCS, Hezonja, Porzingas, Kris Dunn, or Levert. I think all have major bust potential.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
What it Randle's best skill on the NBA level? It's not post-play from what I've seen, nor as a stretch shooter although that's something that could be learned but seems doubtful. Finishing on the pick and roll? Face up iso's? Ballhandling and setting up teammates (this is the one i would lean towards). He's a hard player to read.

High post play. Mid range jumpshooter, aggressively attack with strength, face-up game, some playmaking from that position on the floor.

Yeah, maybe up high. Mid-range jumpshooting is not that valuable anymore however. I'd be surprised if he was ever a Zebo-type bruiser on the low block too. I don't see much defense coming from him either.

Last edited by greenfrog on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Gordon was the one player that I knew would be a bust because he had no offensive game and you had him rated high. I don't fall for certain players, have to look at the full body of work. I'm not sold on WCS, Hezonja, Porzingas, Kris Dunn, or Levert. I think all have major bust potential.

I had him rated after Exum, Smart, and Randle.

It was an NBA General Manager that drafted him #4.

I think Porzingis has the biggest bust potential. Hezonja? Too good of a shooter. Dunn? He's only a bust if he's injury prone. Levert? Same thing.

You do understand Gordon is a project player, right?

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Randle is 6'9 250 lbs, has the quickness of a SF, power of some centers, and the ball handling of a guard. The last two players that had those physical attributes were Lebron and Barkley. He's a physical specimen.

I disagree with power of some centers. He lost weight since he was a Laker. I disagree with ball-handling of a guard. Going end-to-end? Sure. Otherwise, he's a straight line driver with the crossover at the beginning of his drive.
There aren't many players that can move Reggie Evans back 5ft off a drive and Randle did that as a rookie. He's lost some weight but he's still strong and will continue to get stronger.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

I would trade our pick and Randle for Embiid!!!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

There aren't many players that can move Reggie Evans back 5ft off a drive and Randle did that as a rookie. He's lost some weight but he's still strong and will continue to get stronger.

Reggie Evans is undersized and a poor defensive player, you know...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Reggie Evans isn't really a center. He's also listed at 245lbs. Randle is a strong dude, but the power of centers? Disagree.

misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

I'm with most people: no. Julius would be a top 5 pick in this draft.. and although he was injured this year, how many players do you know of that sit out for 6 months and somehow manage to get slimmer? He has all the ability and work ethic.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

Top 10, no. Top 3, yes. Who in this year's draft would you take over Randle? I'm thinking only Okafor, Towns, and Russell.
Mike@LG

misterrunon wrote:
I'm with most people: no. Julius would be a top 5 pick in this draft.. and although he was injured this year, how many players do you know of that sit out for 6 months and somehow manage to get slimmer? He has all the ability and work ethic.

Agree.

Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

Dave20 wrote:

So basically he's the best player to ever lace em up

Last edited by Kingpin2010 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Just WOW ... WOW ... WOW ... I will remind you of this post in the future when Randle doesn't even touch the hype. Comparing him to Barkley and most of all LeBron hahahahahahahaha
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Reggie Evans is undersized and a poor defensive player, you know...
Evans is one of the top 10 strongest players in the league and Randle moved him like a rag doll.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Just WOW ... WOW ... WOW ... I will remind you of this post in the future when Randle doesn't even touch the hype. Comparing him to Barkley and most of all LeBron hahahahahahahaha

It's a legitimate comparison.. though no one is saying he will be as good as those guys, but if you are looking at raw physical signs and how they translate to the court, Julius does resemble a little bit of Barkley, and a even a little of Lebron (though not as much).

He is a fast freight train who can take it coast to coast.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

Not only no, but HELL NO.

Lateral move at best.

Would not trade Randle for a top 10 pick this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

It's a legitimate comparison.. though no one is saying he will be as good as those guys, but if you are looking at raw physical signs and how they translate to the court, Julius does resemble a little bit of Barkley, and a even a little of Lebron (though not as much).

He is a fast freight train who can take it coast to coast.

You are right, he has about a 5% resemblance.
#Avatar-gate
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Top 10, no. Top 3, yes. Who in this year's draft would you take over Randle? I'm thinking only Okafor, Towns, and Russell.

I'd possibly add Winslow to the list.

Randle's combination of good quickness/speed/strength with tremendous motor is why I'm happy he's a Laker.

At the same time, I'm having some concerns for fit, but that really just depends on who the Lakers draft first.

I'd like to see a great high post game, good 20' range, solid man-D, great rebounder, good post skills out of him. He has the ability to do all of that.

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I had him rated after Exum, Smart, and Randle.

It was an NBA General Manager that drafted him #4.

I think Porzingis has the biggest bust potential. Hezonja? Too good of a shooter. Dunn? He's only a bust if he's injury prone. Levert? Same thing.

You do understand Gordon is a project player, right?
He's a project and so are everyone in the top 10 except Okafor, Russell, Winslow, and Johnson imo. It was easy to see that Gordon would be a bust, no offensive game.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Reggie Evans isn't really a center. He's also listed at 245lbs. Randle is a strong dude, but the power of centers? Disagree.

what about marreese speights, he sent that man flying back
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Randle reminds me of hybrid between ZBo & David Lee. Obviously because he's a lefty but also by the way he attacks the rim. I'd be happy if he was close to those guys. I would not even dare mention him w/Barkley & LBJ...that's talking crazies.
#Avatar-gate
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14
Jump to: