Question. Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 26 ]
No
87%
 87%  [ 175 ]
Total Votes : 201

LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Nothing around 8th comes close to Randle in terms of potential, I'll pass.

Exactly, and I'd add that he has shown me enough prior to his injury this year in the NBA that this is the case as well.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

We would have to consider it, especially since we might sign a power forward in free agency. Maybe something like Randle to Detroit for the 8th pick, where we draft WCS.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
We would have to consider it, especially since we might sign a power forward in free agency. Maybe something like Randle to Detroit for the 8th pick, where we draft WCS.

Yes!!!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
VALakerFan80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Naaa Randle is going to be a beast... He's got that drive to be great.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

No one in this draft I would want over Randle.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

This might seem minor, but something worth considering: Last year was a lost year in terms of having Randle on a rookie contract. Trading him means getting a player back for (presumably/hopefully) the full length of his rookie deal. It's an extra year of a cheap asset.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
This might seem minor, but something worth considering: Last year was a lost year in terms of having Randle on a rookie contract. Trading him means getting a player back for (presumably/hopefully) the full length of his rookie deal. It's an extra year of a cheap asset.
I have actually been taking that in to consideration with my trade ideas. Even more so with Clarkson, after next season we might have to pay him who knows what, some crazy amount with the cap going up. We might be better off with more of a defender and/or shooter at the 1.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

You worry about paying your young players when it is time and you become the OKC Thunder. How exactly has that worked out for them? Pissing away talent is a poor way to run a sports franchise.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

You worry about that closer to the time we have to pay him, assessing who he is as a player and our cap situation at that time. Trading someone with Randle's potential based on no more than a problem that doesn't even exist yet is not a good way to do business. There is nothing to stop us from trading him for a draft pick later if we wanted to (unless he somehow does a 180 in terms of his play).

Watch those pre-season highlights and ask yourself this - what player, 6'8 or taller, has taken a rebound and gone the full distance in one game this year? Name another player who has done it twice in one game (preseason or otherwise)?

Lebron? Maybe Durant or Wiggins? That basic skill implicates so many others and a kind of potential that the question I just posed reveals to be quite rare and valuable. Patience is a virtue.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Arrogant Frog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I like Randle, think he can be a really good player, but if we were able to sign Love, Aldridge or Monroe at PF, then I would trade Randle for Cauley Stein who will probably go between 5-8.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

Unless we're getting Okafor or Towns back, which is insanely unlikely to happen, there isn't a player in this draft that I would trade Randle for. I have Russell tentatively third on my list of preferences and I would not trade Randle for him. We've seen Randle play in a pro uniform and I think Laker management agrees that not only does he have star potential, but that his bust potential is very, very low. They've had him in their program and I think Mitch knows what he can do. Even with a guy like Russell, you can't say for sure that his bust potential is lower than Randle's, or even that his star potential is much higher, if at all.

And keep in mind that the draft is before free agency, so it's not like we could sign, say, Aldridge, and then trade Randle for, say, Russell, in the hope of diversifying the roster. You have to operate with the mindset that you'd only trade Julius if a better player were available, and there isn't one if Towns/Okafor are gone.

Randle should've been the 4th pick in last year's draft (and I personally would've taken him third, ahead of Embiid, because I don't trust big men with bad feet), and I think he'd be the third pick this year if he were actually available. Let's just be happy we have him and let's see what he can do!
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject:

Since Randle has proven very little and you can get Justice Winslow or Mario H, yes.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject:

but according to the masses on LG, Randle will be a superstar and clarkson, after starting under 40 games on the worst team in the L, is borderline HOF- so by this logic- no
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
but according to the masses on LG, Randle will be a superstar and clarkson, after starting under 40 games on the worst team in the L, is borderline HOF- so by this logic- no

I agree with you that some LG'ers have over-inflated opinions on both Randle and Clarkson. Randle is not going to be playing 35+ minutes next season and is not going to be a 20/10 guy next season. And Clarkson is likely going to be leading the second unit next season. But that doesn't mean Clarkson isn't legitimately good.

And to address your first post, Randle is more proven than those other 2 players you mentioned in this year's draft, without question. Is it a guarantee that he will have a better pro career? No. But he's more proven than those guys at this stage.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject:

LakersSanity is right on point.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

These are the types of conversations that drive me crazy. The level of extremes some take their opinions. No doubts or reasoned middle ground?

First off, no... I would not trade Randle at this point. Because we have very little proof of how good or bad he will be. He showed promise in Summer League. I like the potential of his game. He seems to have the the right attitude and skills to stick with for a season before trading him.

Back to my irritation. Why so many extreme opinions? Why do Randle and Clarkson have to be labeled as busts, overrated or HoF'ers at this point. Why not young players with potential? Why not some value as role players?

I do not expect Randle to play 35mpg and average 20/10. But I am not trading him for it. Why can't he be judged as a young player that contributes next year. Or not. Before the Lakers trade him I would like to find out if he is the next Anthony Bennett or the next Anthony Mason or Z. Randolph.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

depends.

If kevin love wants to come i'd trade randle for a 3-7 pick.

use our pick to draft Towns.
their pick to get winslow

PG.clarkson
SG.kobe
SF.winslow
PF.love
C.towns
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
Since Randle has proven very little and you can get Justice Winslow or Mario H, yes.

They have shown less than Randle if you want to use logic.
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Lol, his post was very contradicting.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
These are the types of conversations that drive me crazy. The level of extremes some take their opinions. No doubts or reasoned middle ground?

First off, no... I would not trade Randle at this point. Because we have very little proof of how good or bad he will be. He showed promise in Summer League. I like the potential of his game. He seems to have the the right attitude and skills to stick with for a season before trading him.

Back to my irritation. Why so many extreme opinions? Why do Randle and Clarkson have to be labeled as busts, overrated or HoF'ers at this point. Why not young players with potential? Why not some value as role players?

I do not expect Randle to play 35mpg and average 20/10. But I am not trading him for it. Why can't he be judged as a young player that contributes next year. Or not. Before the Lakers trade him I would like to find out if he is the next Anthony Bennett or the next Anthony Mason or Z. Randolph.

Good Post.

This thread to is flawed because I am not sure what team would trade their top 10 in a loaded draft for a unproven rookie coming off a major injury?

Why would any team do that? Unless a team from 6-10 values Randle as a top 3 pick this year.

Randle would probably be the 6th or 9th pick this year realistically.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Randle would probably be the 6th or 9th pick this year realistically.[/quote]

And thinking like this is exactly how Aaron Gordon goes 4th overall and Exum goes 5th overall. Players with massive, massive bust potential. Obviously time will tell, but I think we got value on Randle and I think he would be the third-best player if available to be drafted this season.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Let me explain.

Lets assume Lakers get the 5 pick and trade Randle for say the 7th.

Draft goes:
1.Towns
2.Okaor
3.D'Angelo Russell
4.Emmanuel Muiday
5. Lakers take Justice Winslow
6. Kristaps Porzingis
7. Mario Hezonja/WCS

What I am saying: Randle has proven very little besides some summer league sucsess so lets call him a rookie by production standards. If your big board has WCS, Mario, Kristpas Porzingins rated higher than Randle- who is coming off a major injury- I would pull the trigger on the trade for #7. Mario and Winslow might create a long jam at 3 but maybe you can convert Mario into a 2- he has the athleticism.

It is about how Mitch and the staff rate this class and how Randle fits. But with such a deep draft, I am not sure Randle would net a top 10 pick. Every GM would say "Damaged Goods. Proved Nothing". Clarkson actually has more value because he has produced- although inflated numbers.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Let me explain.

Draft goes:
1.Towns
2.Okaor
3.D'Angelo Russell
4.Emmanuel Muiday
6. Kristaps Porzingis
7. Mario Hezonja/WCS

What I am saying: Randle has proven very little besides some summer league sucsess so lets call him a rookie by production standards. If your big board has WCS, Mario, Kristpas Porzingins rated higher than Randle- who is coming off a major injury- I would pull the trigger on the trade for #7. Mario and Winslow might create a long jam at 3 but maybe you can convert Mario into a 2- he has the athleticism.

It is about how Mitch and the staff rate this class and how Randle fits. But with such a deep draft, I am not sure Randle would net a top 10 pick. Every GM would say "Damaged Goods. Proved Nothing". Clarkson actually has more value because he has produced- although inflated numbers.

Screw summer league. He had a bunch of flashes/stretches in pre season against NBA talent
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Mitch has told us how highly he values Randle.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Let me explain.

Draft goes:
1.Towns
2.Okaor
3.D'Angelo Russell
4.Emmanuel Muiday
6. Kristaps Porzingis
7. Mario Hezonja/WCS

Screw summer league. He had a bunch of flashes/stretches in pre season against NBA talent

Anthony Bennet scored 16 pts in Pre season-PROVEN ASSET! Come on.

Bennet had a half decent rookie pre-season before the regular season started- so lets not use this logic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to: