Question. Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Randle for another Top 10 pick?
Yes
12%
 12%  [ 26 ]
No
87%
 87%  [ 175 ]
Total Votes : 201

KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
prefuse1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
Since Randle has proven very little and you can get Justice Winslow or Mario H, yes.

They have shown less than Randle if you want to use logic.

Lol, his post was very contradicting.

Let me explain.

Lets assume Lakers get the 5 pick and trade Randle for say the 7th.

Draft goes:
1.Towns
2.Okaor
3.D'Angelo Russell
4.Emmanuel Muiday
5. Lakers take Justice Winslow
6. Kristaps Porzingis
7. Mario Hezonja/WCS

What I am saying: Randle has proven very little besides some summer league sucsess so lets call him a rookie by production standards. If your big board has WCS, Mario, Kristpas Porzingins rated higher than Randle- who is coming off a major injury- I would pull the trigger on the trade for #7. Mario and Winslow might create a long jam at 3 but maybe you can convert Mario into a 2- he has the athleticism.

It is about how Mitch and the staff rate this class and how Randle fits. But with such a deep draft, I am not sure Randle would net a top 10 pick. Every GM would say "Damaged Goods. Proved Nothing". Clarkson actually has more value because he has produced- although inflated numbers.

Screw summer league. He had a bunch of flashes/stretches in pre season against NBA talent

Anthony Bennet scored 16 pts in Pre season-PROVEN ASSET! Come on.

Bennet had a half decent rookie pre-season before the regular season started- so lets not use this logic.

I'll take NBA talent as competition vs college kids

And Bennett was the #1 pick. Deservingly no, but he's not trash. He's lotto talent in a lot of drafts

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Well if you think Bennett and Randle are the same players then there is no need to continue a conversation.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Well if you think Bennett and Randle are the same players then there is no need to continue a conversation.

I am not saying that. I am just giving proof that playing well in a pre-season game proves nothing in terms of production over the regular season.

I love the Lakers. We all do BUT I also base my observations/feelings toward the team in logic/evidence.

The facts:
Randle is essentially a rookie with a good skill set, great work ethic and is coming off an injury. Those are the facts. Would I love him to be the next Z-bo with some more bounce- YES! Do I want Clarkson to be out future PG that is an all star-YES!

However, I do not overrate the small small sample size we have of these guys at a pro level. What it comes down to, in terms of this thread, is where the staff rates Randle vs other players in the top 10 and if they feel the team is better with a WCS, Mario, Kristpas as opposed to Randle. Thats the real question at hand.

My 2 cents: I would keep Randle but I am not Mitch nor a professional talent evaluator like the other 99% of LG.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Just a biased opinion but I think the Lakers have a xlnt young player in Randle. Nice skillset, reports of a great work ethic and seems to have the right mentality to be a professional. Only time will tell but I am willing to take a risk he can be a foundation player for the Lakers.

I would rate him in the top 5 in this year's draft. So trading him away for a #7-10 pick sounds absurd to me.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Just a biased opinion but I think the Lakers have a xlnt young player in Randle. Nice skillset, reports of a great work ethic and seems to have the right mentality to be a professional. Only time will tell but I am willing to take a risk he can be a foundation player for the Lakers.

I would rate him in the top 5 in this year's draft. So trading him away for a #7-10 pick sounds absurd to me.

Yes! Some logic and fair assessment as opposed to "sure fire all-star" you hear on the board.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:

Yes! Some logic and fair assessment as opposed to "sure fire all-star" you hear on the board.

Im still trying to figure out why this bothers some people. Let people be optimistic in the midst of this suckfest that is the current lakers
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Conrad Kaczmarek @ConradKazNBA
Could the Raptors trade Lowry to the Lakers for Randle? Probably not, right?

Obviously, the Lakers would never do this because were rebuilding. This just goes to show that it's not just some Lakers fans that think Randle is good and has great potential.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Lowry's stock is shot, and we're rebuilding, why would we want a decent middle aged PG?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Lowry's stock is shot, and we're rebuilding, why would we want a decent middle aged PG?
He's still a good player but I agree. If it's not Anthony Davis I don't think he should be traded.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Randle on principle more than anything. We drafted him last year then he has this sucky injury in game 1, out for the season. We then trade him for another draft pick?? Doesn't seem to me to be the right thing to do.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Im still trying to figure out why this bothers some people. Let people be optimistic in the midst of this suckfest that is the current lakers

Because it's not reasoned well usually.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Potato-Mania
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm assuming it would be 7-10. Would you trade him for any of those players currently slotted at those spots? I would say, no way.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

This really comes down to whether you value the prospects in this draft projected to go around ~8 more than Randle, and I personally don't.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

when we already have a decent young PG.

Kiss my Converse.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

For example, Last season everyone overrated Nick Young. We Kept him and he was a disappointment. Then, the roof was on fire on LG over this...just imagine what this place will look like if Randle tops out at a career 12-7 type Brandon Bass player and Clarkson is a Ramon Sessions type...

Last edited by SeanRooks on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

For example, Last season everyone overrated Nick Young. We Kept him and he disappointment and the roof was on fire on LG...just imagine what this place will look like if Randle tops out at a career 12-7 type Brandon Bass player and Clarkson is a Ramon Sessions type...

I get that, and I understand the desire to stop it from happening again, because nobody wants to read all that whining But if he "underperforms", its probably going to happen anyway, because everyone has their own individual expectations. I dont think the people propping him up will turn on him like that, it will likely be the ones who didn't think he's was any good to begin with that will be insulting him, and then going after the other posters who were "wrong" about him with I told you sos.

The issue I had was with framing it in terms of logic and all the negative connotations that word entails when discussing two sides of a situation. The people who usually say he will be an all star also point out everything that the initial poster of this quote said, only difference is he said foundational player instead of all star, but its not illogical for them to make that jump based on those characteristics he described. Referencing the other posters viewpoint after praising the logic of the tamer viewpont gives it an us/them, right/wrong kinda feel. Worrying about people setting lofty expectations probably isn't going to stop people from complaining if he's bad anyways, if people didn't set expectations it would have probably just turned into complaining about Mitch/Jim drafting him and/or not trading him sooner so I say let the people have their fun
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I am not saying that. I am just giving proof that playing well in a pre-season game proves nothing in terms of production over the regular season.

I love the Lakers. We all do BUT I also base my observations/feelings toward the team in logic/evidence.

The facts:
Randle is essentially a rookie with a good skill set, great work ethic and is coming off an injury. Those are the facts. Would I love him to be the next Z-bo with some more bounce- YES! Do I want Clarkson to be out future PG that is an all star-YES!

However, I do not overrate the small small sample size we have of these guys at a pro level. What it comes down to, in terms of this thread, is where the staff rates Randle vs other players in the top 10 and if they feel the team is better with a WCS, Mario, Kristpas as opposed to Randle. Thats the real question at hand.

My 2 cents: I would keep Randle but I am not Mitch nor a professional talent evaluator like the other 99% of LG.

I agree with you, I wouldn't trade him either. And Mitch won't give up on him without a few years to see how he develops.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

The facts:

I agree with you, I wouldn't trade him either. And Mitch won't give up on him without a few years to see how he develops.

Agreed. Skill set and his work ethic alone is worth seeing how this all pans out. He has a legit shot and being something special cause he wants to be great- which is half the battle. Everyone in the NBA is a special talent but if he has the killer-kobe in him- he has a leg up.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

For example, Last season everyone overrated Nick Young. We Kept him and he disappointment and the roof was on fire on LG...just imagine what this place will look like if Randle tops out at a career 12-7 type Brandon Bass player and Clarkson is a Ramon Sessions type...

I get that, and I understand the desire to stop it from happening again, because nobody wants to read all that whining But if he "underperforms", its probably going to happen anyway, because everyone has their own individual expectations. I dont think the people propping him up will turn on him like that, it will likely be the ones who didn't think he's was any good to begin with that will be insulting him, and then going after the other posters who were "wrong" about him with I told you sos.

The issue I had was with framing it in terms of logic and all the negative connotations that word entails when discussing two sides of a situation. The people who usually say he will be an all star also point out everything that the initial poster of this quote said, only difference is he said foundational player instead of all star, but its not illogical for them to make that jump based on those characteristics he described. Referencing the other posters viewpoint after praising the logic of the tamer viewpont gives it an us/them, right/wrong kinda feel. Worrying about people setting lofty expectations probably isn't going to stop people from complaining if he's bad anyways, if people didn't set expectations it would have probably just turned into complaining about Mitch/Jim drafting him and/or not trading him sooner so I say let the people have their fun

Ill refrain from using logic to keep the peace. I am pulling for Randle and he seems like a great person with a will to win..I just hope people are patient with him. The funny thing is with all the 1 and done players, we should really bite our tongues for 3-4 years before we really assess them.

Even Gerald Green (pre 1 and done) took time to develop and now I am sure a lot of folks who bashed him would welcome him on their squad.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

SeanRooks wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Ill refrain from using logic to keep the peace. I am pulling for Randle and he seems like a great person with a will to win..I just hope people are patient with him. The funny thing is with all the 1 and done players, we should really bite our tongues for 3-4 years before we really assess them.

Even Gerald Green (pre 1 and done) took time to develop and now I am sure a lot of folks who bashed him would welcome him on their squad.

Agreed. Its definitely up in the air as to what he will become, especially after that horrible injury. At this point, the best we can do is root for him to become the best player he can be, regardless of whether there is a slight disagreement on what kind of player that will ultimately end up being.
SeanRooks
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
SeanRooks wrote:

Agreed. Its definitely up in the air as to what he will become, especially after that horrible injury. At this point, the best we can do is root for him to become the best player he can be, regardless of whether there is a slight disagreement on what kind of player that will ultimately end up being.

I think what is really interesting is if Mitch can hit a home run with the HOU pick and our early second rounder. Imagine that young core with another top 5, Clarkson, Randle, two contributors, Black, Kelly. Jbrown for depth...Take a few years but I like it..
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Conrad Kaczmarek @ConradKazNBA
Could the Raptors trade Lowry to the Lakers for Randle? Probably not, right?

Obviously, the Lakers would never do this because were rebuilding. This just goes to show that it's not just some Lakers fans that think Randle is good and has great potential.

Maybe for a trade exception.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's completely out of the question if the Lakers think they can sign one of the big name FA PF (LA and Love) not saying that's what they should do, but yeah if for some reason they thought they were bringing on one of those guys I could definitely see the Lakers considering moving Randle for say a WCS assuming they get a guard with their own pick. I think Randle may be good, but a franchise guy who knows...I mean it's not crazy to think they would consider it, they are trying to make this a destination spot in 2016

C - WCS
PF - LA/Love
SF - KB
SG - JC or a guard we draft (russell, winslow, mario)
PG - JC or a guard we draft (russell, mudiay)
Arrogant Frog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I don't think it's completely out of the question if the Lakers think they can sign one of the big name FA PF (LA and Love) not saying that's what they should do, but yeah if for some reason they thought they were bringing on one of those guys I could definitely see the Lakers considering moving Randle for say a WCS assuming they get a guard with their own pick. I think Randle may be good, but a franchise guy who knows...I mean it's not crazy to think they would consider it, they are trying to make this a destination spot in 2016

C - WCS
PF - LA/Love
SF - KB
SG - JC or a guard we draft (russell, winslow, mario)
PG - JC or a guard we draft (russell, mudiay)

This is also what I'm thinking, not sure how likely we are of getting a free agent at PF, as Aldridge looks to be either staying or going to Texas, Monroe maybe New York and Love is probably likely to opt in for his final year at Cleveland. But I think WCS would be an ideal Centre for either of these 3 PF's.

I like Randle, and think he could be a really good player, but I think WCS could be the DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler type of defensive player/rim protector than we sorely need.

Also don't mind keeping Randle and drafting WCS, as I also think there games will complement each others too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: