Who will be the better player: Clarkson or Randle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the better player?
Clarkson
27%
 27%  [ 24 ]
Randle
72%
 72%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 86

scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

persons wrote:
Randle... Clarkson is taking 16-19 shots a game , with a proper system hes going down to earth.

Explain to me how his shot will go down if he will be handling the ball majority of the time. After kobe leaves, we dont have a ball dominate player besides Young. Clarkson will continue to get 16-20 shots a game.
nashftw
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
persons wrote:
Randle... Clarkson is taking 16-19 shots a game , with a proper system hes going down to earth.

Explain to me how his shot will go down if he will be handling the ball majority of the time. After kobe leaves, we dont have a ball dominate player besides Young. Clarkson will continue to get 16-20 shots a game.

hard to say how long kobe will still be playing. the crucial thing is for kobe to keep on trusting JC no matter how many mistakes he makes. it can't be just a month or two then he loses patience with the kid. if kobe has got his back for a sustained period of time, JC has all the tools to succeed.

i'm not fully sold on Randle, especially mindset wise. he has the talent, for sure, but even from his kentucky days, he has shown a hint of entitlement, which is never good for young players. hopefully, the season he was out will put some sense into him not to take things for granted.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson's got a future in the NBA, chip on his shoulder. He's going to be a Laker for a while. Randle has played 0 full NBA games. I'm surprised by all the votes when he hasn't proven anything yet. Physically he's not NBA top tier. Footwork needs work
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Very difficult to compare a big and a small. They're asked to do completely different things out there on the court.

Very insightful.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
Clarkson's got a future in the NBA, chip on his shoulder. He's going to be a Laker for a while. Randle has played 0 full NBA games. I'm surprised by all the votes when he hasn't proven anything yet. Physically he's not NBA top tier. Footwork needs work

Footwork? A bit befuddling of a main criticism IMO, considering he's not a post player. How many times did he even post up in the preseason, to make U think that's a big deal about his game....
And his footwork on pump fakes once he gets to the paint on drives, is GREAT btw, always gets the defender out of position.
That's the footwork that translates to his game.
Footwork on his dribble moves.. Ballet
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject:

kinein wrote:

I agree with the same sentiment. Clarkson already proved he belongs in NBA. Randle is still a big question mark and has not proven that he belongs in NBA. His injury history is also scary.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Very difficult to compare a big and a small. They're asked to do completely different things out there on the court.

Very insightful.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
persons
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
persons wrote:

well in that case, the lakers aint going anywhere
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject:

persons wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
persons wrote:

You're right.

Clearly if we allow one of the few players on this team that has actually been efficient on the offensive end to have more opportunities we aren't going anywhere.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
persons wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
persons wrote:

You're right.

Clearly if we allow one of the few players on this team that has actually been efficient on the offensive end to have more opportunities we aren't going anywhere.

he has been quite efficient. he has a great base to build upon, and it can really be helped by the right teammates. If we get a Center that's a great roll threat in the pick n roll - that mid range/attack game will open up for Clarkson. He already has that skillset, I wana see just how much he would eat with a great roll threat.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Clarkson. I think Randle is too injury prone and will have a career like Greg Oden.

Wow you are sure positive have some faith.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: