Cops
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
A. No, you meant it. Don't try to back out or hem or haw. Your intent is obvious. "Why in the world should WE give up any power to YOU when we don't have to? Even if the price is a society that has failed for over two centuries to live up to it's most hallowed words.

B. I'm not angry. Being angry at your attitude would be like being angry at the Sun for rising in the morning. I argue my points with dedication because it is what it is. Contrary to your perhaps impossible to dis-imbed reflex in this regard, when we argue or debate a point on the issue of race, it doesn't necessarily mean that we are angry.

C. You've done more lashing out at people who disagree with you over the past two months, i.e. TA, AS and myself than anyone on this board combined. And I say this because I know where you're coming from and have been there. A hard look in the mirror might do you wonders AH.

A. I didn't say that I didn't mean it. The specific comments about democracy were facetious, though. Your insistence that white America capitulate to your viewpoint shows the emptiness of your position. It isn't going to happen, and you know it.

B. I didn't say that you were angry at my position. You're just angry in general, and you can't get past it. Your anger makes you unwilling to consider realistic solutions. You need a capitulation, and I suspect that you're perfectly content in knowing that it will never happen. As I've said, folks like you are part of the problem -- not because you are bad or immoral people, but because you will create an opposing reaction from the other side. You feed fuel to the Tea Party/Fox News fire, and we become just a little bit more polarized as a nation and continue to be unable to do anything constructive.

C. I'm one of the few people who will bother to engage you. Now I'm "lashing out" at you? Come on. You're the one who compared me to a slave owner, and you're the one who has called other posters stupid. Just look at the psychological profile that you've constructed for me because *gasp* I don't agree with you.

You assume my emotional state and you have no idea. I have stated my position and I'll not offer another reply regarding it.

You assume some sort of solution is possible and I have shown why that is highly unlikely. but if it is, then, my solution lies in a totally different position than yours. You believe it to be untenable, yet, any one you offer will be as untenable because we, and by we, I mean blacks, aren't going to allow you to set the terms. It's just not going to happen. So, this is really an engagement of ideas and it's valuable for that. But ultimately, as usual, you are as likely to change my mind as I am to change yours. Which is to say, highly unlikely at best.

I still stand by my assertion that you have lashed out and it would take about 5 minutes to show how your language towards several posters including myself. I stand by my hope that you will take a look at the mirror regarding that.

Bully for you that you will engage me. I'm sure that makes you feel special.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject:

You assume my emotional state and you have no idea. I have stated my position and I'll not offer another reply regarding it.

I judge your emotional state by the way that you conduct yourself in your posts.

You believe it to be untenable, yet, any one you offer will be as untenable because we, and by we, I mean blacks, aren't going to allow you to set the terms. It's just not going to happen.

Good luck with that.

So, this is really an engagement of ideas and it's valuable for that. But ultimately, as usual, you are as likely to change my mind as I am to change yours. Which is to say, highly unlikely at best.

Which is to say, it's not really an engagement of ideas at all from your perspective.

I still stand by my assertion that you have lashed out and it would take about 5 minutes to show how your language towards several posters including myself. I stand by my hope that you will take a look at the mirror regarding that.

If you consider disagreeing with you to be "lashing out," okay. Deal with it. You have no business lecturing other posters about manners.

Bully for you that you will engage me. I'm sure that makes you feel special.

Not really. I find it sort of sad, to be honest. Most folks consider people like you to be such a lost cause that they don't even bother to engage you. If you could find a way to turn all of that negative energy into positive energy, you might actually get somewhere. I'm not holding my breath, though.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject:

The delicious irony and stunning lack of self-awareness bursting forth in this thread is pretty amazing to me. Maybe I'm guilty of this, too, but damn!

If I may, perhaps we can course-correct and return this conversation to its regularly-scheduled programming ...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-eric-garcettis-2015-budget-20150420-story.html

“In this budget we’re strengthening the basic services that mean the most: crime prevention, intervention and enforcement,” Garcetti said Monday.

How 'bout them apples? American exceptionalism, indeed! And by that, I mean: How the F can we consider ourselves better than the rest of the world when we cannot even get past having a basic existence that's focused on MF crime? Is that who we are? Is that our inevitable reality? Or is that a construct of a law enforcement + prison industrial complex gone awry and completely run amok? I cannot believe the police state that seem to have become ... mayors discussing their budgets with a phalanx of law enforcement standing astride the dais? Seriously ... ?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: