Lakers Guard Tandem of the future?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinKobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject:

JC has great athleticism which will serve him well but he won't get it as easy as he has had so far this season. Next season, he will be heavily scouted and teams will know his weaknesses and strengths more and make plans to contain him and exploit weaknesses. He also won't get to take the same large volumes of shots as he does right now, especially when Kobe is in or when/if we get another superstar. At the very least, JC is gonna be a great back up guard, should we land a star PG and is definitely NBA caliber. Brown and Buycks will probably be journeyman bit-part role players, the latter probably out of NBA not too long.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Guard Tandem of the future?

Lakerpark wrote:
Can this trio take the Lakers to the post season? Maybe Kobe can play that Ron Harper role and be a guiding hand?

This is the NBA man. You're not going anywhere with Buycks and Brown.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject:

jorkerjork wrote:
Brown has shown some side-ability to rack up assists and in particular really draw fouls (good upper body strengths, and he's always drawn fouls at the college level as well). I actually think his bet is to an undersized mutual exclusion type offensive player (3's and free throws). Those are inherently valuable. He kind of reminds me of Eric Gordon right now (you know, the unathletic version). I kind of question his overall gamesmanship skills and he's a very poor rebounder and stealer, and a questionable defender, but there are a few role player things to work with. I didn't think he was a NBA player, but I think he deserves a shot since his mutual exclusion stuff isn't all that common.

Buycks isn't an NBA player.

I think Jabari Brown is an exception, not the rule. What makes it unusual is, his best strength is jumpshooting, but he progressed tremendously with his ability to attack the basket, finishing with either hand, absorbing contact, and getting to the rim often.

It's surprising to see, but excellent value off the bench.

I do like the Eric Gordon comparison, but I never thought Brown should have been waived at the beginning of the season anyway.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

they're all trade bait, but understand the thinking.

playoff purgatory syndrome happens after the seasons we've gone through.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject:

LinKobe wrote:
JC has great athleticism which will serve him well but he won't get it as easy as he has had so far this season. Next season, he will be heavily scouted and teams will know his weaknesses and strengths more and make plans to contain him and exploit weaknesses. He also won't get to take the same large volumes of shots as he does right now, especially when Kobe is in or when/if we get another superstar. At the very least, JC is gonna be a great back up guard, should we land a star PG and is definitely NBA caliber. Brown and Buycks will probably be journeyman bit-part role players, the latter probably out of NBA not too long.

We already saw that with the Clippers games. He responded well to being scouted against. He studied the film and worked on his issue.

And he's not taking a large volume of shots IMO. He's taking them within the flow of the offense.

Also, next year there will be more threats on the floor with him. Which will make it harder for teams to focus on him. The fact that he was so successful with virtually no one else teams had to be concerned with speaks volumes. From reports and interviews it's clear the Lakers and coaching staff are high on him. I think he'll get his fair share of opportunities. I don't predict JC dropping off
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: