KOBE TWEETIN!! (Updated)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dxfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
The Thunder were pretty much a three man team that became a two man team when they traded Harden, and are now a one-man team.

Not even a three man team.

They gave up Harden, AND Jeff Green.

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

There's your rings left on the table right there...
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
If there was an offer on the table to get Westbrook for Randle or Clarkson + Lakers first rounder (+ Hill to help with salary?), you do it.

And if L.A. can sign Love, trade Randle. Otherwise, keep him. No brainer. Why sit and develop a guy (Clarkson) that may never get to Westbrook's level when you can get Westbrook in his prime?

I doubt OKC makes that trade though.

1) Because Westbrook will be available without trading anyone in 2 seasons - YES, waste his prime years while we WAIT and SEE IF Randle and Clarkson develops!!!

2) Because Westbrook himself is not enough to propel this team into contention - yes, let's keep LOSING BABY!!!

3) Because Westbrook and Love are not enough to propel this team into contention - Again, lets keep growing that LOSER mentality

4) Because Westbrook has had multiple knee surgeries and is reliant on his athleticism to be effective - Sure looks good to me right now!!

#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
If there was an offer on the table to get Westbrook for Randle or Clarkson + Lakers first rounder (+ Hill to help with salary?), you do it.

And if L.A. can sign Love, trade Randle. Otherwise, keep him. No brainer. Why sit and develop a guy (Clarkson) that may never get to Westbrook's level when you can get Westbrook in his prime?

I doubt OKC makes that trade though.

1) Because Westbrook will be available without trading anyone in 2 seasons - YES, waste his prime years while we WAIT and SEE IF Randle and Clarkson develops!!!

2) Because Westbrook himself is not enough to propel this team into contention - yes, let's keep LOSING BABY!!!

3) Because Westbrook and Love are not enough to propel this team into contention - Again, lets keep growing that LOSER mentality

4) Because Westbrook has had multiple knee surgeries and is reliant on his athleticism to be effective - Sure looks good to me right now!!

1) Waste what? Is Westbrook on our team and I didn't get the memo?

2) You're right. If we don't trade for Westbrook that's a guarantee we will keep losing no matter what the circumstances. Sorry I forgot.

3) Loser mentality? You mean like a guy who can't contribute to his talent level on a contending team with LeBron? If he leaves that team he will have the definition of a loser mentality.

4) So did Steve Nash the year before we got him. The clock is ticking on those knees and we all know it.

I'm fine with getting Westbrook. I just disagree with trading for him.

You want to add Westbrook and Love to this team the best we'd be is 7-8th seed until one of them breaks down.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

22 on a rampage! I like the enthusiasm!

I agree with the idea of getting an athletic PG on his way up.
Athletic guards who launch their body at the rim the way Westbrook, MVP Rose, and pre-Achilles Kobe did are at a relatively high risk of catastrophic injury, IMO. Their plays are numbered, like elite RBs in the NFL.

On the flip side, you are very high on Randle and Clarkson. I think you are enamored with their potential. In truth, we'd be fortunate to trade both of them for Westbrook. Neither player should be considered untradeable, even for players not in the MVP race.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Athletic guards who launch their body at the rim the way Westbrook, MVP Rose, and pre-Achilles Kobe did are at a relatively high risk of catastrophic injury, IMO. Their plays are numbered, like elite RBs in the NFL.

On the flip side, you are very high on Randle and Clarkson. I think you are enamored with their potential. In truth, we'd be fortunate to trade both of them for Westbrook. Neither player should be considered untradeable, even for players not in the MVP race.

I don't think he considers them untradeable, he just envisions the best way to build the team is by keeping Clarkson and Randle then adding Westbrook later on. If we trade Clarkson and Randle and aren't able to surround Westbrook with any decent talent then its a waste.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I don't think he considers them untradeable, he just envisions the best way to build the team is by keeping Clarkson and Randle then adding Westbrook later on. If we trade Clarkson and Randle and aren't able to surround Westbrook with any decent talent then its a waste.

If you don't want to trade assets for a current Westbrook, for all practical purposes they're untradeable. There are very few players better than Russell right now.
We trade for Westbrook and FAs will flock here in droves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If you don't want to trade assets for a current Westbrook, for all practical purposes they're untradeable. There are very few players better than Russell right now.
We trade for Westbrook and FAs will flock here in droves.

Rivershow is correct in what I'm trying to say.

You trade all those assets for Westbrook now (assuming OKC would even accept the trade lol), then you will have nothing to surround him with. You also risk losing Westbrook in FA.

Much better to wait for him to sign.

Then you:

1) Won't risk losing him
2) Have time to evaluate his health/athleticism
3) Have time to add supporting pieces
4) Have time to develop our current young core

Adding a seasoned Westbrook to a core we have until 2017 to build sounds far more promising to me than gutting the current team and adding him now. We wouldn't even have more talent than the Thunder do now. It'd be the NYK mistake with Melo all over again. Had they just waited to sign him as a FA they would have had a team full of talent/assets.

Impatience is the enemy of success
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Trade randle and clarkson for Russell Westbrook. Sign love in offseason. Draft okafor or Karl Anthony towns

Kobe
Westbrook
Love
Karl Anthony towns or okafor
(Small forward).

Not sure that's even possible under the salary cap, since most of our available cap space would be going to Russ in that scenario with Randle/Clarkson.

we would have to trade Nick and Hill for picks and cheap cheap CHEAP fillers.... its doable... is it likely? not in a million years. OKC would rather let Russ go AWOL than to trade him to the lakers for for 2 really high 1st round picks.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

dxfactor wrote:
Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
The Thunder were pretty much a three man team that became a two man team when they traded Harden, and are now a one-man team.

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

how can they afford all 5?
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dxfactor wrote:
Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

That's the point though, they already had all 5 on their roster. They would have been in luxury tax hell, but you damn sure know the Lakers would have kept that squad together and collected the W's.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
dxfactor wrote:
Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

They could afford to at least keep 4 out of the 5 if they really wanted to keep them I'm sure. Jeff Green is flexible enough to let go in that lineup for a center....not Perkins though. XD
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dxfactor wrote:
Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

They could afford to at least keep 4 out of the 5 if they really wanted to keep them I'm sure. Jeff Green is flexible enough to let go in that lineup for a center....not Perkins though. XD

No because there is a thing called luxury tax and Green and Durant both play the same position and there's no way they would've won a championship being that small.

As for Westbrook again makes no sense to trade any assets for him when we can just sign him in two seasons.

You add him with Clarkson and he can play his natural position and he'll be playing with a legit post up player for the first time in his career in Randle along with another potential lottery pick.

That's a great core. Way better than Westbrook and love.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dxfactor wrote:
Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

No because there is a thing called luxury tax and Green and Durant both play the same position and there's no way they would've won a championship being that small.

I'm saying that they could afford to pay a lesser lux tax than a bigger one with Green.

That and Green can also play PF where Durant would be the SF in that event. Which happened already before when they were on the same team together.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
dxfactor wrote:
Unbelievable!!

MJST wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Jeff Green
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka

I'm saying that they could afford to pay a lesser lux tax than a bigger one with Green.

That and Green can also play PF where Durant would be the SF in that event. Which happened already before when they were on the same team together.

Yeah and they got pounded by us inside in that first round series.

Westbrook is what kept that series close.

They were just too small to compete on the boards.

It was not gonna win them a championship with that small of a lineup.

They had to trade Harden. He clearly didn't wanna be the third wheel after KD and Russell.

Sure they could've gotten a better package, but they had to trade Harden.

Really that's not why OKC hasn't won the championship.

It's been the bad luck in regards to health. This is now three straight seasons where one of their top three guns hasn't been healthy. You're not gonna win a title when that's the case.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Most important game of the season for OKC, Westbrook comes out and scores 23 pts in the 1st quarter for a total of 47 points for the team. Get this guy in purple and gold please.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Most important game of the season for OKC, Westbrook comes out and scores 23 pts in the 1st quarter for a total of 47 points for the team. Get this guy in purple and gold please.

No way, Clarkson and Randle are untradeable. We would rather suck for 2 seasons and get Westbrook in FA. By then Clarkson and Randle will be SUPER STARS and ALL NBA.

BTW .. Westbrook ONLY put up 37 pts 8 reb 7 ast

Only on LG Baby LOL!!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
SemperMalum wrote:
This all just feels so familiar for a certain player. Everything. The entire narrative. From other people not hitting their shot, etc.

Thanks for postin' the Tweet. Reposted elsewhere because what they'll say there.

Yup... if there is a guy I want to take over for Kobe ... Westbrook is it.

It's uncanny... the swagger, the hate, the attitude, the don't give a damn attitude, and the will to win.

Been saying it for years. He handled the hate very well in his 2nd season when everyone started calling him a chicken and saying he's not a real pg
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: