2014-15 NBA Playoff Matchups (Updated with Official Matchups)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Telleris wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The Spurs didn't need HCA advantage to destroy the Heat and beat OKC. They eliminated both teams on the the road. The biggest issue for them is health.

they beat okc without ibaka twice at home, lost twice in okc with ibaka back, won game 5 at home and won a game they really shouldnt have in okc to win the series.

Meh, beating OKC in OKC when the Thunder were facing elimination is good enough for me. And OKC did lose the last two with Ibaka, even after winning games 3 and 4 and taking the momentum.

Ibaka was a shell of himself.

I don't think that's true. He had 16 points and 4 blocks in game 6. Even in game 3 in his first game back he scored 15 points with 7 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Tony Parker missed much of game 6 and the Spurs still won and closed out the Thunder on the road.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
The Spurs didn't need HCA advantage to destroy the Heat and beat OKC. They eliminated both teams on the the road. The biggest issue for them is health.

Golden State is far better than either of those teams.

Also the Spurs had HCA through last year's playoffs so technically they did need it.

They don't stand a chance IMO.

They don't matchup well with the Dubs at all.

Duncan is gonna have a hard time dealing with Green's athleticism and length. Parker has really struggled on defense this season and he'd be facing the best point guard in basketball. Leonard is gonna have to dominate consistently just to keep the games competitive because that's the only real advantage they have.

Golden St. is not better than last year's Heat team. Not even close.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Odds are a 6th seed loses in the 1st round while odds are heavily favored that a team doesn't repeat.

So you think the Clippers will beat the Spurs? I have no idea what you think. Just curious. I could see it if Splitter is out or ineffective. Honestly I'd be surprised if the Clippers knock them out.

I'm not sure. If I was a betting man I would put money on the Clippers. They come in as hot as the Spurs but have gotten overlooked.

Called it. And I actually won $50 so I guess I'm a betting man.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Golden State is far better than either of those teams.

Also the Spurs had HCA through last year's playoffs so technically they did need it.

They don't stand a chance IMO.

They don't matchup well with the Dubs at all.

Duncan is gonna have a hard time dealing with Green's athleticism and length. Parker has really struggled on defense this season and he'd be facing the best point guard in basketball. Leonard is gonna have to dominate consistently just to keep the games competitive because that's the only real advantage they have.

Golden St. is not better than last year's Heat team. Not even close.

Not sure I agree with that. Last year's Heat team had Lebron at his peak and who else? I suppose Bosh played well, but beyond that, a washed up Wade and not a whole lot else IMO. Yeah, they still got out of the East, but their toughest opponent was a Pacers Team that hobbled into the ECF and fell apart for whatever reason during the final stretch of the regular season.

Last years Finals to me really came down to Lebron doing this thing, Bosh adding a bit, but the Heat really didn't have a whole lot of firepower coming from anywhere else to stop the Spurs.

I personally think there's much more talent on this Golden State team than the Heat had outside Lebron last year, but I suppose it remains to be seen if that gets them a Championship.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: