-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 714, 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Klay Thompson disappeared in the Finals.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/11203043_837052169744175_2479917528016763343_n_zpsmz10soez.jpg

(bleep), that's the best way to get through school. Klay knows what's up.

!...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
I honestly feel that Lebron did his team a huge disservice by not laying all on the line last night during the 2nd half. The Cavs were only down by 2 at the half and even managed to grab the lead early in the 3rd. However, Lebron was extremely passive in that 3rd quarter and didn't even attempt to ramp it up. I understand that he may have been tired, but he clearly didn't push himself to the limit. He mentally checked out. He tried to turn it up a bit in the 4th, but by the end of the 4th, he was content to let JR try to shoot the Cavs back into the game. I was very disappointed in the way he played the 2nd half. I think that alone might've cost him the FMVP.

His shots weren't falling and the Warriors were dropping 3's like nothing...I think he realized the outcome.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
Iguodala wasn’t able to shut down LeBron, but he clung to him like a multi-limbed, frenetic, tireless cheap suit, allowing the Warriors to resist the temptation to send extra defenders his way. James still averaged a whopping 36 points, 13 rebounds, and 8.3 assists in 46 minutes per game, but over the course of the series, with Iguodala on the court, LeBron shot 38 percent and the Cavs were -55. When he sat, LeBron shot 44 percent and the Cavs were +30.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/17/risk-taking-steve-kerr-forged-the-perfect-team.html

James got his but the difference is he had to work for it, hence that brutal FG%. Imagine those numbers while shooting 47-50%. Means more shot opportunities and increased scoring, something the desperately needed. If you make a player work more than he has to, most times you've won the battle.

Anyone seen Dellavedova ?

That's the thing. 36 and 8 looks really great on the stat sheet, but the number of possessions was staggering to get those numbers, and because Iggy took him mostly straight up, no one else really could regularly get off. Delly may have made himself famous, but aside from his lone 20 point game (on 41% shooting and horrible 3 percentage), he scored a total of 25 points in the other 5 games.

I'm not blaming LBJ, he did what he could with what he had, but those numbers remind me of a good player on a bad team piling up huge, misleading raw numbers because someone has to take the shots and no one else can get them.
akbroker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
Iguodala wasn’t able to shut down LeBron, but he clung to him like a multi-limbed, frenetic, tireless cheap suit, allowing the Warriors to resist the temptation to send extra defenders his way. James still averaged a whopping 36 points, 13 rebounds, and 8.3 assists in 46 minutes per game, but over the course of the series, with Iguodala on the court, LeBron shot 38 percent and the Cavs were -55. When he sat, LeBron shot 44 percent and the Cavs were +30.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/17/risk-taking-steve-kerr-forged-the-perfect-team.html

James got his but the difference is he had to work for it, hence that brutal FG%. Imagine those numbers while shooting 47-50%. Means more shot opportunities and increased scoring, something the desperately needed. If you make a player work more than he has to, most times you've won the battle.

That's the thing. 36 and 8 looks really great on the stat sheet, but the number of possessions was staggering to get those numbers, and because Iggy took him mostly straight up, no one else really could regularly get off. Delly may have made himself famous, but aside from his lone 20 point game (on 41% shooting and horrible 3 percentage), he scored a total of 25 points in the other 5 games.

I'm not blaming LBJ, he did what he could with what he had, but those numbers remind me of a good player on a bad team piling up huge, misleading raw numbers because someone has to take the shots and no one else can get them.

i wonder how they feel now those people who bought "delly" jerseys and merchandise it was reported that it sold out after his game 2 and 3 performance
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
Just one ESPN hack could mention the quality of the eastern conference. Does lebron do all that in the western conference?

The "conference quality" argument doesn't have much merit for most IMO. Never heard it in the 80s (for the West). Don't recall hearing it in other sports either.

In the 80's you had Stockton/Malone, Olajuwon/Sampson, Drexler/Porter, English/Lever, Aguirre/Blackmon, etc. out West.

The best players on the teams that the Cavs just beat are Avery Bradley, Jimmy Butler, & Al Horford. Jesus (bleep) Christ.

I know you remember how bad the Pacific Division was every year. I mean just putrid. Lakers had at least 15 wins before the season started with the awful Clippers, garbage Kings and halfway decent Warriors. They got better towards the end of the decade. If it weren't for the Blazers and Suns, they'd probably finish undefeated in the division. Hell, they were a guaranteed 12-0 just in the state. Blazers were decent but 42-40 records won't cut it. They won the division by like 20 games every year. Can't forget about Seattle and their back to back to back 30 win seasons. Just horrible.

I remember clearly and not sure how that's remotely a consideration when playoff seeding is a conference based and not division based. Who gives a (bleep) how bad the division was. Taht doesn't change a single thing GT siad.

Some of you guys try way, WAY too hard with the "I'm so un-biased" schtick it's lame.

The thing with the conference or era comparisons is that people always stack the deck to prove their point. They seek to diminish the years where they did not like the results and they embellish the years where their players or teams flourished. We see this all the time. The 90's were an Age of Enlightenment if you're a bulls fan and they're the dark ages of watered down talent if you liked anyone else.

If LeBron's finals run is meaningless because he's in a weak east conference, you'd also have to say Kobe's finals record is meaningless because he always faces weak east teams. Now I think both of these statements are about as blasphemous as they come but if you subscribe to one, you have to subscribe to the other.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

akbroker wrote:
24 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Quote:

i wonder how they feel now those people who bought "delly" jerseys and merchandise it was reported that it sold out after his game 2 and 3 performance

One night stand. Like getting a tattoo of said one night stand partner.
madd_game08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Real Talk now: how did Mark Jackson react to this in the broadcast?

Best quote about Mark Jackson was from Jimmy Kimmel...

"It's like Dj'ing your Ex-wife's wedding..."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/11203043_837052169744175_2479917528016763343_n_zpsmz10soez.jpg

saying Klay contributed "nothing to the group project" is being shortsighted.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject:

BTW

Screamin A, is without a doubt, on Lebron's payroll. I just saw the first take- retake. Goodness
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
So Lebron is a sore loser

I would hope so, who wants a happy loser. Klay Thompson disappeared in the Finals.

After the 34, he was Casper. The experience will be nice because I think next time, he'll be fine. Shumpert just stayed on him like his jersey.

That's kind of the scary part about this Warriors team. They won despite there being some jitters/big stage issues that a lot of young teams face the first time around.

Agreed. Barnes and Klay were straight up missing a ton of shots they were knocking down with no problem during the regular season. Mid range shots and corner threes were their bread and butter and they clanked a good portion of those even when mostly (or entirely in Barnes' case) wide open. Green too, but he adjusted in the later games. If they learn from the experience and learn to knock down shots in pressure situations going forward, the Warriors are very likely to repeat, assuming they stay healthy and don't lose key players.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
BTW

Screamin A, is without a doubt, on Lebron's payroll. I just saw the first take- retake. Goodness

Actually, he just watched the finals without worrying about any LBJ-Kobe comparison....LOTS OF FOLKS SHOULD TRY IT!!!!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

If LeBron's finals run is meaningless because he's in a weak east conference, you'd also have to say Kobe's finals record is meaningless because he always faces weak east teams. Now I think both of these statements are about as blasphemous as they come but if you subscribe to one, you have to subscribe to the other.

Both of these are true, but then at least Kobe gets to fall back on beating up on strong western conference teams. LeBron took an easier path to the finals this year than Reggie Miller did. Let that sink in for a sec.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

saying Klay contributed "nothing to the group project" is being shortsighted.
true, i think klay played well in 2nd or third game (both are losses) to give the team a chance to win. His efforts were forgotten because of the losses.

Overall, he is a C+ imo. Not that good but not that bad.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

I had a strong feeling that Lebron would run out of gas during the series, the 40 minute games were beating him up. He's not 26, and there's quite a bit of mileage on those wheels. That's why I predicted Warriors in 6 games, after Kyrie went down. I'm far from a Lebron jock-rider, but he did a pretty damn good job when you consider the carnage to Cleveland's roster.

They should be the favorite out of the EC next season, but I'm far, far from convinced there's a ring at the end of that season for Lebron. Cleveland may lose a key free agent or two, and best of all Dan Gilbert will probably pay a record NBA luxury tax, which serves the (bleep) right as he's the one who set the table for that tax during the last CBA negotiation. I don't think they'll be able to improve that roster and I'm still not impressed with that Kyrie and Lebron pairing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I had a strong feeling that Lebron would run out of gas during the series, the 40 minute games were beating him up. He's not 26, and there's quite a bit of mileage on those wheels. That's why I predicted Warriors in 6 games, after Kyrie went down. I'm far from a Lebron jock-rider, but he did a pretty damn good job when you consider the carnage to Cleveland's roster.

They should be the favorite out of the EC next season, but I'm far, far from convinced there's a ring at the end of that season for Lebron. Cleveland may lose a key free agent or two, and best of all Dan Gilbert will probably pay a record NBA luxury tax, which serves the (bleep) right as he's the one who set the table for that tax during the last CBA negotiation. I don't think they'll be able to improve that roster and I'm still not impressed with that Kyrie and Lebron pairing.

Imagine if they kept Wiggins instead of trading for Love...they would've had a nice mix of youth and athleticism. Serves them right for Lebron trying to make GM decisions....
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And we likewise saw LeBron emasculate Blatt in ways that are simply unbecoming of a player of James' legend-in-the-making stature.

I saw it from close range in my role as sideline reporter through the Finals for ESPN Radio. LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

There was LeBron, in one instance I witnessed from right behind the bench, shaking his head vociferously in protest after one play Blatt drew up in the third quarter of Game 5, amounting to the loudest nonverbal scolding you could imagine.

Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3896/lebrons-handling-of-blatt-unbecoming

Will Cavs fire yet another coach? If they do you know Lebron will get the heat for it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Imagine if they kept Wiggins instead of trading for Love...they would've had a nice mix of youth and athleticism. Serves them right for Lebron trying to make GM decisions....

Yup, they would have had another defender to throw at Curry too. I knew that Wiggins for Love swap was dumb from jump lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3896/lebrons-handling-of-blatt-unbecoming

Quote:
And we likewise saw LeBron emasculate Blatt in ways that are simply unbecoming of a player of James' legend-in-the-making stature.

I saw it from close range in my role as sideline reporter through the Finals for ESPN Radio. LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

There was LeBron, in one instance I witnessed from right behind the bench, shaking his head vociferously in protest after one play Blatt drew up in the third quarter of Game 5, amounting to the loudest nonverbal scolding you could imagine.

Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

LeBron the closet coach killer.
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject:

It's sad for Blatt who is a great coach when you let him do his thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Lebron apparently left Miami, in part, b/c of the stifling gaze of Riley and his insistence on sublimating his game for the betterment of the team.

On the Cavs, he gets to, once again, do whatever the hell he wants. Play GM, Coach, player, whatever.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Mark Stein isn't long for this world.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
The Grind wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Mark Stein isn't long for this world.

RIP Marc Stein.

He could go the way of Simmons
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Yup. What a douche
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Lebron purposely chose to take that 1 year deal so that he can hold it over the Cavs. If Lebron really wants Blatt gone he has all the power in this situation.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 714, 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 715 of 717
Jump to: