-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 321, 322, 323 ... 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
living in the bay and i cant stand warrior fans. they all hate the lakers and now think they're the greatest team ever. I'll be rooting for Lebron!

I have lived in the bay area since 1997 and none Warriors fan that I met hates the Lakers. And Warriors fan are pretty cool and classy fans. I listen to warriors radio station 680am all the time and none of the people on there or the talk hosts express such thing as you are posting.

I think they deserve something after all those garbage Don Nelson teams they had to endure during the 90's....
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
living in the bay and i cant stand warrior fans. they all hate the lakers and now think they're the greatest team ever. I'll be rooting for Lebron!

???

Maybe things have changed in the ten years or so since I graduated from Cal, but when I was up there I saw a ton of support for the Lakers. I watched Fisher's 0.4 shot in a San Francisco bar, and I was hugging and high fiving guys all over that bar that I had never met before.
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
defense wrote:
CAvs-Warriors early predictions?

Can the Rox become the first team ever to come back from 0-3? Serious questions.

Probably a question to ask if they win game four and not before, but your answer is almost certainly no, barring major injuries.

This Warrior team is the real deal. Not because they are up 3-0 but because of the way the play. They have all the pieces to the puzzle to win it all and they are coached by guy even though he's just a rookie he coaching them like a experienced coach.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject:

All the Bay guys I know support the Lakers
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
defense wrote:
CAvs-Warriors early predictions?

Can the Rox become the first team ever to come back from 0-3? Serious questions.

Probably a question to ask if they win game four and not before, but your answer is almost certainly no, barring major injuries.

This Warrior team is the real deal. Not because they are up 3-0 but because of the way the play. They have all the pieces to the puzzle to win it all and they are coached by guy even though he's just a rookie he coaching them like a experienced coach.

This needs the emphasize more - in contrast the Cavs are playing for Lebron as the coach - Kerr is a bit more savvy than the Cavs braintrust
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject:

The hell Bay area fans are you guys around?!

The majority of them hate all and everything SOCAL, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Angels, Kings, Ducks.

They were irrelevant for so long they basically bandwagonned Lakers success. Now that they're doing well most of them are showing their true colors lol.

The Dubs fan of 2015 are basically the Seahawks fans of the past 4 years.

It's funny watching people in here naively root for a team who's fan base would feed your first born to satan.

Last edited by Worthy42 on Sat May 23, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Howard should have better post moves by now. It's mind boggling that two 19 year old big men have better post games.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

The majority of them hate all and everything SOCAL, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Angels, Kings, Ducks.

It's funny watching people in here naively root for a team who's fan base would feed your first born to satan.

Sorry, I can't do it...that would mean rooting for the Rockets or the Cavs....
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Sorry, I can't do it...that would mean rooting for the Rockets or the Cavs....

I totally get that. The only team I was rooting for was Memphis prior. Now... they can all get hit by a meteorite for all I care.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

The bay area people i know (people at work/friends and cousins) all despise the Lakers and anything LA. I did let it slide since most of the nation hated the kobe-shaq-phil teams due to their dominance. I'm just returning the favor i guess lol..
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

We were talking about the Lakers only here

They were irrelevant for so long they basically bandwagonned Lakers success. Now that they're doing well most of them are showing their true colors lol.
I have not seen any change

BTW where do you live?
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

???

Maybe things have changed in the ten years or so since I graduated from Cal, but when I was up there I saw a ton of support for the Lakers. I watched Fisher's 0.4 shot in a San Francisco bar, and I was hugging and high fiving guys all over that bar that I had never met before.

Maybe they were laker fans? we have plenty of laker fans here.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject:

This will be the worst sports year ever if Tom Brady and LeBron win in the same year.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

BTW where do you live?

Menlo Park, working here... but grew up in Granada Hills. Home for the holiday.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:

Newsflash: Everybody hates the Lakers. It kinda comes with the territory when you're the greatest.

Kiss my Converse.
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
cojones wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

BTW where do you live?

You meet a lot Warriors fans there? I live in Milpitas and the fans here are very chill to talk with and don't express any hate toward lakers.

Last edited by cojones on Sat May 23, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Newsflash: Everybody hates the Lakers. It kinda comes with the territory when you're greatest.

Warrior fans were the worse 'passive aggressive' Laker 'fans' when we were winning. Lots of snide backhanded compliments, lol. Now they've evolved into their true form when their team is actually relevant.

Expect this to be even worse in the upcoming years if they manage to win this year.

If you guys know how Giants fans are... well... here comes the storm in the form of the Warriors and their full bandwagon of fans collected this year.

Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

McHale in the post game presser "We didn't play particularly well."....... apparently Captain Obvious has a less achieving brother.... Corporal Obvious..... thanks Kevin... enjoy the reunion
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Newsflash: Everybody hates the Lakers. It kinda comes with the territory when you're greatest.

Warrior fans were the worse 'passive aggressive' Laker 'fans' when we were winning. Lots of snide backhanded compliments, lol. Now they've evolved into their true form when their team is actually relevant.

Expect this to be even worse in the upcoming years if they manage to win this year.

If you guys know how Giants fans are... well... here comes the storm in the form of the Warriors and their full bandwagon of fans collected this year.

How are you comparing the Warriors fans to Giants fans? Warriors stadium is right next to A's so if Warriors fans resemble any baseball team fans than it should be the A's.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
cojones wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

BTW where do you live?

You live a lot closer to the Warriors stadium and probably more hard core fans there. I live in Milpitas and the fans here are very chill to talk with and don't express any hate toward lakers.

I can understand that. The handful of friends here who have been lifelong Warrior fans are happy no doubt but more cautious about the road this year. The Dubs fever and that extra large bandwagon this year is something nasty though lol.

And they don't crap on the Lakers because we're basically irrelevant in their eyes at the moment.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
cojones wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

BTW where do you live?

So close
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

How are you comparing the Warriors fans to Giants fans? Warriors stadium is right next to A's so if Warriors fans resemble any baseball team fans than it should be the A's.

The comparison is in the 'winning.' Being the dominant of the Norcal vs Socal.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

I can understand the hate because I'm a Dodger fan and I hate the Giants with a passion....
But I could care less about the other rivalries like Clippers vs Warriors....
A's vs Dodgers? That was like almost 30 years ago.
Angels vs Giants or Angels vs A's? Who cares, I'm not an Angels fan.
Warriors and Lakers don't have a rivalry at all.
Sharks vs Kings? Not really a rivalry.
Sharks vs Ducks? Meh....
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Thank you rockets for takimg care of the clips. Please make sure not to forgrt your goodie bag on the way out.

Spurs check
Clippers check
Coward check
Lebron pending

I dont think laker fans actually root for warriors. I dont think anyone is going out and buying jerseys, but from all the remaining teams, one must admit, the warriors are the least hateable.

The enemy of my enemy type of thing.

Plus, theres jerry west and thompson who , one way or another have a connection to lakers

Last edited by Laker_Town on Sat May 23, 2015 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I can understand the hate because I'm a Dodger fan and I hate the Giants with a passion....
But I could care less about the other rivalries like Clippers vs Warriors....
A's vs Dodgers? That was like almost 30 years ago.
Angels vs Giants or Angels vs A's? Who cares, I'm not an Angels fan.
Warriors and Lakers don't have a rivalry at all.

Yeah there absolutely isn't one because we've destroyed their franchise historically lol. Today with Kobe on his walking cane, the Warriors fan see us poodles in mud. They could care less about the Lakers existence. It's the Clippers blood they want.

Not gonna lie, as a Lakers die hard, that's insulting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 321, 322, 323 ... 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 322 of 717
Jump to: