-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
ThankThanks you rockets for takimg care of the clips. Please make surPre not to forgrt your goody bag on the way out.

Spurs check
Clippers check
Coward check
Lebron pending

I dont think laker fans actually root for warriors. I dont think anyone is going out and buying jerseys, but from all the remaining teams, one must admit, the warriors are the least hateable.

The enemy of my enemy type of thing.

Plus, theres jerry west and thompson who , one way or another have a connection to lakers

To me they were the 2nd 'least' hateable going in, just after Memphis. Their fans and now the ESPN narrative has made that a lot less though with how much fellating the broadcast is doing over their team.

Today I learned Fez Ezile is a prodigy and would be a starting center on any team lucky enough to have him.

Shaun Livingston is such a poised and offensively potent threat.

Brandon Rush is an all-star in his own right but can't get off the bench...

We get 2 days coverage of Steph's daughter. Steph's dad, mom, his brother. The new ESPN golden boy, he's making their lovefest of Lebron look pedestrian at the moment.

Thats just espn being espn. Remember when ceaser hair cut was regarded as the best pg in the league?

These guys are an entertainment company. They are tmz of sports.

Their announcers work part time at wwe. Overhype, over sell, over do it.

Theyll prop up another player next year because thats how the nba survives. They need to market individuals over teams.

So like wrestling fans, we choose our baby faces and heels
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I think normally Steph curry looks superhuman.

But Jason terry's defense makes him look like a god.

Flashes of fisher trying to keep up.
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Any guess that Dwight Howard would cry for a change of teammates or even a trade to another team later?"

Quote:
"Since LeBron James' infamous 2010 decision, the rest of the NBA's best young stars have chosen to play with the rest of the NBA's best young stars. Franchise history and Q-rating have mattered little.

It's at this point that the old guard starts railing about a generation of highlight-seeking, fundamental-lacking, self-absorbed superstars who have no concept of team basketball.

But while the old guard rails, the young men running today's NBA have been cozying up to Wall Street CEOs and sitting in marketing meetings with the shoe companies and Madison Avenue executives who have been doing a better job at building their brands than individual NBA teams for the past couple of decades.

The message those CEOs and "mad men" deliver is simple: The sooner you win, the better your brand becomes. The more you win, the bigger your brand grows.

James was the test case, and is now the example they all follow.

Would his star have been bigger or brighter if he'd won NBA titles with the New York Knicks? Yes. He'd have legendary status in New York.

But here's the point James and his 20-something cohorts grasp that everyone else is still catching on to: New York is just New York. The NBA is just the NBA. It's the world they all want to conquer. Asia, Europe, Africa, South America. And you can't even begin to do that without winning a championship.

You think it matters to Chinese basketball fans whether James took his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers to a title?

You think a kid in London cares whether Dwight Howard wins a championship for the Lakers or the Rockets?"
Quote:
"You can argue that the Golden State Warriors were closer to a title -- especially if they'd landed Howard -- than the Rockets.

But the point is pretty clear. Just a summer before, Howard had ruled out both the Rockets and Warriors because neither had a bona fide superstar he could team up with. Once the Rockets landed Harden in a trade with Oklahoma City, and Steph Curry blossomed in Oakland, his feelings about both organizations changed dramatically.

You see, it's not the organization that matters. The jerseys the players wear are just accessories.

It's the brand that matters. And for this generation of NBA stars, the brand that matters most is their own."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9926855/houston-rockets-star-dwight-howard-return-los-angeles-symbol-new-nba

Dwight would have been better off trying to conquer China with Lin:

Quote:
"What's the secret to Kobe's success?

One could argue that it's China - and the fact that he spends more time there than any other NBA player.

Not surprisingly when other NBA players were trashing the Rockets' offer to Lin, a player who dropped 38 on Kobe in Madison Square Garden in a rare Lakers loss, Kobe complimented him, saying "The plays that he was making, it didn’t seem like he had too much of a difficulty making them. He seemed like he was pretty comfortable in making those plays and he was pretty consistent afterwards. His numbers weren’t 30 and 15 assists or whatever, but they were more than solid numbers. He can play, he’s a very good player."

Don't be surprised if Kobe doesn't get himself next to Lin for a few Instagram shots. Holding a Rockets jersey. Wearing an "I heart China" headband. Black Mamba knows where the money's at."
Quote:
"In 2007 Chinese sponsorships related to Yao Ming being on the Rockets was worth about a million dollars per year, or about 10% of the Rockets annual sponsorship haul**. Not particularly exciting, but that was 2007.

What's happened since 2007? China's GDP has grown by a little over 10%. Per year. What kind of effect could Lin have on viewership and popularity in China?

With no prior marketing, he increased ratings in China by 43% and got more twitter mentions than LeBron James.

Yao seeded the market, and JLin can reap the harvest. The Chinese market is bigger, more mature, and more ready to embrace an NBA star than it was in 2007, and JLin is going to be a social media sensation like Yao never was."
Quote:
Rockets Pacers pre-season game in Taiwan (Lin year 2 in Houston): http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/10/13/taipei-gets-a-full-dose-of-linsanity/?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

(IIRC, Frank Vogel said there were more reporters at Indiana Pacers pre-game press conference than he saw when Pacers were in NBA Finals!)

http://www.quora.com/What-is-Jeremy-Lins-revenue-potential-with-the-Houston-Rockets

Tarik-Sanity (
) vs. The Dwight-Mare (
)

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Sun May 24, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Curry then will look omnipotent with a hobbled Irving guarding him.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Exactly. Shumpert is a solid defender and they can close with LeBron on him. He's getting numerous WIDE OPEN looks this series.

I think the Cavs can take them if Kyrie can contribute.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Exactly. Shumpert is a solid defender and they can close with LeBron on him. He's getting numerous WIDE OPEN looks this series.

No one can stop Curry. Shumpert stopping him is laughable.

Cavs are also a horrible perimeter defense team. If you watched their series with the Bulls and Hawks, they give up many open shots. They only get away with it because the East is a joke.
thuringer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Cavs are also a horrible perimeter defense team. If you watched their series with the Bulls and Hawks, they give up many open shots. They only get away with it because the East is a joke.

Shumpert is a great defender.
Cavs have a great defense and good perimeter defenders (horrible? am I being punk'd?)

Hawks haven't been getting a lot of open looks, neither did the Bulls, outisde of Pau (they were really hot shooting in the first 3 games of the series, though)

And they don't have to stop Curry, they've just got to contain him, which I think they will.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If Klay can find his shot again, the Warriors are nearly unstoppable. It's not just Curry who can shoot. The only reason why the Cavs got away with guarding Korver with Shumpert is that Teague crapped the bed after the first half of game one. If Teague and Schroeder continued to kill the Cavs and if they could hit their shots, Shumpert would have needed to be switched.

The other problem is that Curry is much, much better than Korver, he's a guy who can create his own shots and part of the reason he's so dangerous is that unlike Korver, he's deadly off the pick and roll as the ball handler. Perimeter defenders like Shumpert are great, but they can't be depended on to lock down a guy like Curry who can actually use screens to not only get his shot off, but also to attack off the dribble, or make the pass to the rolling big man or the man in the corner when the weak side dips into the paint to stop the roll.

Also, the Cavs have feasted because their role players hit their threes while the guys on the Bulls (who got plenty of open looks) and Hawks could not, and without their full strength they couldn't generate consistent offense. The Warriors' do not suffer from that problem. I would be surprised if the Cavs managed to get it to game six, the Warriors are so good.
thuringer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Can someone, like, post stats that support this idea that the Bulls and Hawks are getting/got a lot of open looks? Hawks have gotten some open looks in garbage time, but idk about other than that. Bulls didn't seem to be getting a lot of open looks, just capitalizing on the ones they got in games 1-3
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Bulls got less open looks from game 3 on because Pau was hurt and they had basically no offense from their bigs without him. Noah was a disaster around the rim, Gibson missed a bunch of shots from mid-range and around the rim, and Mirotic couldn't throw a pea into the ocean. And even still, the Bulls were right there for two of their losses and were a David Blatt uncalled timeout and a missed Butler three from winning the series.

The Warriors have offense all over the court, especially if Klay pulls his head from out of his ass. LeBron is incredible, but the Warriors have waves of 6'6 guys to throw at him in a constantly switching waves with Draymond Green playing a strong side zone in the background, Andrew Bogut a big guy who is like Hibbert with excellent timing and good at going straight up for a contest, and athletes who are fast enough to recover to shooter's on the weak side. Oh, and they have a fluid offense that can absolutely bury teams when they get one roll and have enough shooting so they're never out of a game even down 20. I may be wrong, but I don't think the Cavs have a shot against GS.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

thuringer wrote:
Can someone, like, post stats that support this idea that the Bulls and Hawks are getting/got a lot of open looks? Hawks have gotten some open looks in garbage time, but idk about other than that. Bulls didn't seem to be getting a lot of open looks, just capitalizing on the ones they got in games 1-3

The Bulls definitely did not get good looks. They were struggling to generate any sort of offense whatsoever (same issue that plagued Memphis). They had possession after possession that resembled a college level offense. Desperately try to go inside and instead settle for a Drose or Butler iso play that they had at the beginning of the shot clock.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

thuringer wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Cavs have a great defense and good perimeter defenders (horrible? am I being punk'd?)

Hawks haven't been getting a lot of open looks, neither did the Bulls, outisde of Pau (they were really hot shooting in the first 3 games of the series, though)

And they don't have to stop Curry, they've just got to contain him, which I think they will.

The reverse is also true. GSW is also the #1 defense throughtout the season so this team's success is hardly only about Curry.

I think Cleveland is going to be in for a rude awakening.
thuringer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
thuringer wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The reverse is also true. GSW is also the #1 defense throughtout the season so this team's success is hardly only about Curry.

I think Cleveland is going to be in for a rude awakening.

Naw, we'll see at least 6 games.

I'll take the Cavs in 6
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Warriors should let Lebron score 35 ppg but single cover. Don't let anyone else score in double digits.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Warriors should let Lebron score 35 ppg but single cover. Don't let anyone else score in double digits.

I remember the Spurs doing that in game 7 in 2013. Single covered him and stayed on the shooters. There were a few lapses where someone would leave a shooter to help only to get burned on the kick out, but I thought that strategy worked to keep them in a game that should have otherwise been a blowout considering the circumstances.
ROMERO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

I think the Warriors take the Cavs in 6 games max. The Warriors have had better competition throughout the playoffs and are much more ready.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:

Basically just do what the Spurs did to Lebron last season.
thuringer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

ROMERO wrote:
I think the Warriors take the Cavs in 6 games max. The Warriors have had better competition throughout the playoffs and are much more ready.

Depleted Rockets? Depleted Grizzlies? The New Orleans Anthony Davises?

Also, how do you figure the Warriors are more ready? Sounds like a stupid narrative to me.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

So over or under? ATL loses by 30.
thuringer
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

inb4 the inevitable lebron hate tonight
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Cavs fans are starting to take over the board guys.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Cavs fans are starting to take over the board guys.

This thuringer guy is obviously a Cavs fan. Well to be fair a LeBron fan, there's no such thing as a Cavs fan.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

thuringer wrote:
inb4 the inevitable lebron hate tonight

Why are you coming to a Lakers board complaining about LeBron "hate"? That's completely stupid. The only place that would have guaranteed Cavs support would be on a Cavs board.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject:

My two cents on a probable Finals between the Cleveland Lebrons and the Warriors.

Never understimate the power of the zebras... Bogut could have 3 fouls in 5 minutes, just like Draymond Green ; Dellavedova could be allowed to kill Curry; Cavs could shoot more free trows than Leon Powe...

My only hope is that Curry's new popularity will be enough (for who controls the referees ) to let them play a fair series...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I remember the Spurs doing that in game 7 in 2013. Single covered him and stayed on the shooters. There were a few lapses where someone would leave a shooter to help only to get burned on the kick out, but I thought that strategy worked to keep them in a game that should have otherwise been a blowout considering the circumstances.

It takes a lot of discipline. I think they are practicing this with harden. No other guys really exploding in terms of scoring. Let lebron shoot 30 times (he may put up 40 points on you) recycle Barnes, draymond, iggy on him. Lock down the others. Not impossible.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 323, 324, 325 ... 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 324 of 717
Jump to: