-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Let's be real... the West Conf. this year in the Playoffs was hacked with injuries. It was far removed from one of the 'toughest conferences in nba history' status. Other then the Clips/Spurs unheard of 1st round matchup, the rest has been pretty weak.

With all the injuries, Still doesnt change the fact that the clippers/spurs/rockets/memphis are all better than the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference (Bulls)
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
16_and_Counting wrote:
This is the same as last season: a one man team against a a great team. Warriors in 5. The East is and has been a joke for awhile now. Don't let this sweep make you believe the Cavs are going to beat the Warriors. They have no bench, a worse coach and worse role players.

The Warriors don't have a historically great player of all-time (Duncan). Or one of the best coaches ever (Pop). Or other dudes that have won multiple titles and know how to deal with title pressure. And they aren't pissed from blowing a title they were 30 seconds away from.

The 2004 Pistons and the 2011 Mavs say hi ...

What do the 04 Pistons and 11 Warriors have to do with the obvious differences between the 14 Spurs and the 15 Warriors? That was the point of my post, not that the Warriors couldn't win.

You were implying that the Warriors aren't as good as the 14 Spurs because the Warriors don't have "a historically great player of all-time" or "one of the best coaches ever". My point is that the 04 Pistons and the 11 Mavs also didn't have "a historically great player of all-time" or "one of the best coaches ever", but still won.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

I just want to see the Warriors finish off the Rockets first. After the epic collapse of the clippers I know for sure I can't put my faith in any of these teams to get the job done lol. The only one I root for is the Lakers.

I would prefer if the Warriors won it all though. If I had to put money I'd say Bronze gets number 3 this year
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Also, I'll just leave this here:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
16_and_Counting wrote:
This is the same as last season: a one man team against a a great team. Warriors in 5. The East is and has been a joke for awhile now. Don't let this sweep make you believe the Cavs are going to beat the Warriors. They have no bench, a worse coach and worse role players.

The Warriors don't have a historically great player of all-time (Duncan). Or one of the best coaches ever (Pop). Or other dudes that have won multiple titles and know how to deal with title pressure. And they aren't pissed from blowing a title they were 30 seconds away from.

The Warriors are currently 78-18, playing in one of the toughest conferences in nba history. They have the reigning MVP. An incredibly deep roster with 2 former All-Stars coming off the bench. Have one of the best, most versatild defenders in the league and the top net efficiency. They don't those other things, they are flat out better. Heck, it took Harden going for an incredible game and Curry missing a big chunk for a good rox team to beat them 1 game on their home floor. A rockets team I think would probably beat the cavs

The Houston Rockets aren't very good, so if this means the West is awesome, I disagree with your opinion. The Warriors got a massive break when the Clippers lost.

The rockets beat the clippers 3 times in a row and beat them in a 7 game series. They didn't catch a break by facing a team better then the clippers.

The Clippers choked but outplayed the Rockets 70 percent of that series and are a tougher matchup against golden state. the Rockets are a soft team that plays zero defense and were torched by the Warriors all year. i find it hilarious that people trash the east and act like Houston is some great team.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
16_and_Counting wrote:

I think it'll go more than 5 games. I wonder if Lebron has enough gas in his tank to take on the Warriors. Cavs will try to go big with TT/Mozgov but they will spread that floor out and the Cavs will have to go small ball. With that you have Dray Green/Barnes to cover Lebron.

Stay on everyone else, let Lebron go off. Kind of how Rocky beat Clubber Lang. Let him go off, get tired, and go in for the kill.

I agree 100%. If the warriors are to win, this is the formula imo. The Cavs gameplan should be: make GS put the ball on the floor. They have the defenders to do it imo? I think the series goes atleast 6 either way, barring injury.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I just want to see the Warriors finish off the Rockets first. After the epic collapse of the clippers I know for sure I can't put my faith in any of these teams to get the job done lol. The only one I root for is the Lakers.

I would prefer if the Warriors won it all though. If I had to put money I'd say Bronze gets number 3 this year

I am about where you are at on everything. I will say the GS fans on LG can get really nasty when you express your unbiased opinion.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
16_and_Counting wrote:

I think it'll go more than 5 games. I wonder if Lebron has enough gas in his tank to take on the Warriors. Cavs will try to go big with TT/Mozgov but they will spread that floor out and the Cavs will have to go small ball. With that you have Dray Green/Barnes to cover Lebron.

Stay on everyone else, let Lebron go off. Kind of how Rocky beat Clubber Lang. Let him go off, get tired, and go in for the kill.

I agree 100%. If the warriors are to win, this is the formula imo. The Cavs gameplan should be: make GS put the ball on the floor. They have the defenders to do it imo? I think the series goes atleast 6 either way, barring injury.

No amount of LeBron two pointers is going to match GS hitting 3 pointers like it's nothing, and they have the defenders to at least give LeBron a fit or two. That's the correct way to play them. Don't let their 3 point shooters go off. Single cover LeBron. That's always been the way to play his teams. When his teams win, it's because they are hitting from the outside from teams giving help.

The two questions that will determine the series, can the Cavs defend the perimeter? And will Dellavedova injure Curry?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
16_and_Counting wrote:

No amount of LeBron two pointers is going to match GS hitting 3 pointers like it's nothing, and they have the defenders to at least give LeBron a fit or two. That's the correct way to play them. Don't let their 3 point shooters go off. Single cover LeBron. That's always been the way to play his teams. When his teams win, it's because they are hitting from the outside from teams giving help.

The two questions that will determine the series, can the Cavs defend the perimeter? And will Dellavedova injure Curry?

Single cover Lebron and sag off of him. He is shooting just a smidge over 10% from three, it makes sense to me. Dare Lebron to be a three point shooter for 40 minutes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

That being said, Lebron is still the best player amongst the two teams. It will be tempting to send a double team to help but then he picks you apart. let the poor hapless soul assigned to Lebron take the beating. It's only 2 points at a time while your team goes down and hits 3 pointers. Make sure JR Smith/other shooters are face guarded.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
22 wrote:

I am about where you are at on everything. I will say the GS fans on LG can get really nasty when you express your unbiased opinion.

I'll put on my flame suit then lol.

I really want Lebron to lose again, but it's gonna be tough.

BTW remember when people were saying LeBron left a better situation in Miami to go home and save the Cavs? I said it then, Lebron was leaving a sinking ship to one on the rise. And since the balance of power in the East largely rests on which team he decides to play for, it was no risk for him to sign back with Cleveland
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
22 wrote:

BTW remember when people were saying LeBron left a better situation in Miami to go home and save the Cavs? I said it then, Lebron was leaving a sinking ship to one on the rise. And since the balance of power in the East largely rests on which team he decides to play for, it was no risk for him to sign back with Cleveland

Lebron will always be a weasel to me. They call him "The King", lmao, he will always be "Jump Ship James" to me.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
22 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
22 wrote:

Lebron will always be a weasel to me. They call him "The King", lmao, he will always be "Jump Ship James" to me.

so true!
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is such a softy, he will be trying to convince Kobe to come play with him in Cleveland when his contract expires, watch!

Lebron feels like he owes Kobe, Kobe got him his gold medal!
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject:

ESPN with a new hilarious stat:

50-Win Teams Eliminated in Postseason Career:

Kobe Bryant: 24
Michael Jordan: 20
Tim Duncan: 18
Magic Johnson: 13
Larry Bird: 10
Lebron James: 7
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Finally ESPN showed a worthy stat...Kobe has eliminated 50-win teams 24 times in the playoffs while Lebron has done it only 7 times. It just goes to show how easy it is for Lebron, always playing weak teams. Kobe has always gone up against tougher competition...makes his 5 rings look so much better.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Mamba3301 wrote:
Finally ESPN showed a worthy stat...Kobe has eliminated 50-win teams 24 times in the playoffs while Lebron has done it only 7 times. It just goes to show how easy it is for Lebron, always playing weak teams. Kobe has always gone up against tougher competition...makes his 5 rings look so much better.

The Eastern Conference is a F'n Joke.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

All the LeBron hate causes me to chuckle. He's been in the last 4 Championship finals, won 2.

He left Cleveland in 2010, they didn't make the playoffs during his absence. He came back and they have a chance to win a ship.

I give him Mayweather status, hate him because of what he is. Don't take into account what he's done. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

romanaztec wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:

The Eastern Conference is a F'n Joke.

Yep,that's why I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors beat the Cavs in 5 games. lol
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
16_and_Counting wrote:

Single cover Lebron and sag off of him. He is shooting just a smidge over 10% from three, it makes sense to me. Dare Lebron to be a three point shooter for 40 minutes.
lol, he's goign to force his way in. People say just keep him outside and let him shoot from the outside. WEll problem is, they cant keep him there. Maybe a handful of times, but unless they just sell out on defense. He's going to get his. Thats what all time greats do.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

I just have two things to say before the game starts

Eff Howard
Eff LeBron
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
All the LeBron hate causes me to chuckle. He's been in the last 4 Championship finals, won 2.

He left Cleveland in 2010, they didn't make the playoffs during his absence. He came back and they have a chance to win a ship.

I give him Mayweather status, hate him because of what he is. Don't take into account what he's done. SMH

I don't discount him going to 5 straight NBA Finals that's amazing no matter who it is(although James Jones was there with him)

BUT I'm not going to suddenly become a LeBron fan and think he's great because he returned to Cleveland.

He did the same exact thing to Miami he did to Cleveland 4 years earlier left a bad situation for a better one just with better packaging.

I don't begrudge him of it but spare me the "return home" spiel. If he loved Cleveland that much he wouldn't have left to begin with.

That being said as much as I dislike LeBron, Dan Gilbert is who I despise the most in all of this its okay for him to have a Super team but anyone else who does he throws a fit like the (bleep) that he is.

Whatever dude. I agree with Stephen A that Dan Gilbert acting like he did something here was hard to watch.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Howard giving the pep talk.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

A big (bleep) you to Howard. Hope he is ejected here.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Finish these losers off, Warriors. Don't let the Cavs be the only team to get a week off before the finals.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 368 of 717
Jump to: