***Who Would You Want to Coach the Lakers?***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you want to coach the Lakers?
Mark Madsen
10%
 10%  [ 14 ]
Tom Thibidau
46%
 46%  [ 62 ]
Brian Shaw
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tyrone Lue
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Mike Malone
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Steve Nash
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Eric Spoelstra
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Ettore Messina
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
Mark Jackson
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Byron Scott
21%
 21%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 132

Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

That Steve Nash choice caught my eye. Pure fantasy, of course, but if he wanted to do it, I bet he'd be great at it.

In reality, I don't care who the coach is until the team has the talent to accomplish something. If hiring Kevin Durant's mom as coach would lure him to the team, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Was tempted to say "anyone but Byron Scott," but I wouldn't want Brian Shaw here.
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Becky Hammon would be easy on the eyes compared to the scowling BS with his arms crossed.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Sadly, until Kobe retires I don't think it makes much of a difference. Yeah, I should probably lay off Byron too.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

People are actually voting for byron. Wow
botox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I'm tired of the retreads too.

I would like to go the Boston Celtics route and get a young, smart coach. Greg Marshall out of Wichita State would be an excellent choice. Like Stevens, Marshall is a coach who always gets his players to play above their mid-major talent level. He's charismatic, great bench coach and his teams play excellent, pressure man-to-man defense. He's a hot name in the college ranks. Wouldn't be surprised if he's at a big-name school in a couple of years if not next year.

IMO, he'd be perfect for the young players we'll have on our roster the next few years.
Sacreligious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject:

Mad Dog.

He may not be the most brilliant mind in basketball (or he might be, I am just guessing here), but he gets to the players.

Did anyone see the Tarik Black interview after the game today? He specifically mentioned Madsen as someone who helped foster his growth. Lets not forget that Madsen was also the one who made Randle show us what he could do in the workout before the draft.

Whatever the reason, Mad Dog gets players to play for him. That is important for the HC position.

If we can get some actual assistant coaches to take care of the X's and O's, that should nicely take care of our coaching woes. I don't know who will be/is available but I'll go with MJST's list of Malone and Messina since I can't come up with any at the moment.

Actually, I would like to see a Malone (any defensive coordinator really) and MDA assistant coach tandem since those two are currently unemployed (as far as I know).
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject:

Sacreligious wrote:
Mad Dog.

He may not be the most brilliant mind in basketball (or he might be, I am just guessing here), but he gets to the players.

Did anyone see the Tarik Black interview after the game today? He specifically mentioned Madsen as someone who helped foster his growth. Lets not forget that Madsen was also the one who made Randle show us what he could do in the workout before the draft.

Whatever the reason, Mad Dog gets players to play for him. That is important for the HC position.

If we can get some actual assistant coaches to take care of the X's and O's, that should nicely take care of our coaching woes. I don't know who will be/is available but I'll go with MJST's list of Malone and Messina since I can't come up with any at the moment.

Actually, I would like to see a Malone (any defensive coordinator really) and MDA assistant coach tandem since those two are currently unemployed (as far as I know).

He also worked with Clarkson too.

Mark Madsen would be a great change of pace and a nice change. Even if he turned out to be bad, at least it was a good try instead of yet another retread like Brown, Dantoni and Scott.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject:

Can't understand some names on the list but no Callipari, Ollie, Coach K or JVG.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject:

I think Steve Nash would be a great coach.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject:

Bryon is safe until 2016. If Kobe retires, he's probably gone since the Lakers only have to eat 1 more contract year of Byron.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject:

I have no issue with Byron. Unlike D'Antoni, I feel like he had a good balance between playing in a system and playing to their strengths. D'Antoni was just all about the system, strengths be damned. This team needs stability right now. Let it play out.

If we put together a talented team and it becomes obvious they are underachieving, then can him. I honestly don't feel another coach could have squeezed out more wins from this team. And if they had, we'd be calling for their head anyway. Patience.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Byron won't be gone until at least after next year. And he'll only be gone then if we massively underachieve next year.

One of the problems I had with hiring him in the first place is that he'll be tough to get rid of. He's got too many guys surrounding the org that have his back no matter what, i.e Worthy, Magic, Thompson, etc. They'll make their opinions known for sure. I know it shouldn't matter, but I think it just makes it that much tougher to fire him.

But once he is gone, I just hope we don't hire some re-tread, I just want a fresh face. Nash would actually be really interesting. One of the highest IQ players of all-time. The silent leader types always make for good head coaches
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject:

These college guys will never leave but CAlipari, Ollie or Izzo. Then maybe Mad Dog
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

Izzo wouldn't, but I could see Cal and Ollie leaving
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Sacreligious wrote:
Mad Dog.

He also worked with Clarkson too.

Mark Madsen would be a great change of pace and a nice change. Even if he turned out to be bad, at least it was a good try instead of yet another retread like Brown, Dantoni and Scott.

It's gonna be Madsen unless someone like Calipari or Thibs comes along. The Lakers have been grooming him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Izzo wouldn't, but I could see Cal and Ollie leaving

I don't know if Calipari is necessarily a good coach so much as he is an elite recruiter. He didn't watch any film before the Wisconsin game and subsequently lost.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Born89FanIn95
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

why the hate on scott??? you guys make it seems like if we had pop, or jackson, riley, aurebach, any great coach we would be a playoff team with these scrubs
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

Brian Williams... at least he'll tell a good story
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Brilliant idea. Let's bring in a coach who runs his players into the ground every year.

These days running players into the ground means expecting your players to play hard every game. I can't believe a coach would ask that of the players. God forbid you should have to play both ends of the floor too, its just to demanding.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

There isn't a free agent this off season worth giving the opportunity to pick his own coach so Byron probably will coach another season for us. Maybe we win that championship and he gets an extension! That would be great.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

For next year? Byron is the best choice as much as I dislike him. There is little coaching that will probably happen next year.

I'm more concerned about the season after next year coaching wise.
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I have no issue with Byron. Unlike D'Antoni, I feel like he had a good balance between playing in a system and playing to their strengths. D'Antoni was just all about the system, strengths be damned. This team needs stability right now. Let it play out.

If we put together a talented team and it becomes obvious they are underachieving, then can him. I honestly don't feel another coach could have squeezed out more wins from this team. And if they had, we'd be calling for their head anyway. Patience.

LOL what?

Guess you missed the whole Ronnie Price era.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
how bout Doug Collins as the new lakers HC?

How about Phil Collins? I have a feeling he will run them into the ground though and they'll have blisters on the soles of their feet. On the other hand maybe, just maybe, it can be another day in paradise.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: