The Daredevil Thread *(for non-binge watchers)*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: The Daredevil Thread *(for non-binge watchers)*

I am afraid of entering the other thread because I don't want to be spoiled.

Currently on episode 3, just finished episode 2. This show is amazing! The fight scenes are brilliant and the tone/style reminds me a lot of Dexter (even Matt's costume looks like Dexter's).

Really enjoying this one...Netflix really knows how to catch lightning in a bottle.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I was pretty shocked when Murdock killed Foggy at the end and used his skin to make his new suit. And then having Karen vamp out and tear out Murdock's throat with her fangs to avenge Foggy was nuts. I have no idea how they're going to do Daredevil, season two, but I'm guessing it'll be Daredevil: True Blood edition.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

When I watched I also thought it felt like Dexter.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Very well done. Daredevil's super senses are nicely understated, and the fight scenes are visceral and as realistic as something in this genre can be. The law office stuff feels a little tacked on, but overall a great start. I still question the wisdom of killing off Murdock and having Foggy take his place at the end, though.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Very well done. Daredevil's super senses are nicely understated, and the fight scenes are visceral and as realistic as something in this genre can be. The law office stuff feels a little tacked on, but overall a great start. I still question the wisdom of killing off Murdock and having Foggy take his place at the end, though.

You're killing it bro
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I'm on episode 9 or 10 can't remember. Will have to continue this over the weekend since I work so early. Still can't believe they got Peter Parker to cameo in the café scene, brilliant!

(j/k but Ben Urich the investigative reporter is actually a Spider-man character who works in the Daily Bugle)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Got that vibe as well. 20 minutes into episode 1 , in fact. I think it's the lighting used and stealthiness and stalking nature Murdock employs. (As well as his "costume") I believe the actor who played Dexter was rumored to be in talks to play DD at one point.

Just finished episode 4.. and I really like D'onofrio's character. Don't know much about Fisk/Kingpin though but they seem to be angling towards making him a somewhat likable figure. Or maybe it's just me. Or maybe be just hasn't done anything absolutely horrible yet.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I was pretty shocked when Murdock killed Foggy at the end and used his skin to make his new suit. And then having Karen vamp out and tear out Murdock's throat with her fangs to avenge Foggy was nuts. I have no idea how they're going to do Daredevil, season two, but I'm guessing it'll be Daredevil: True Blood edition.

WTF dude? Spoiler alert?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Got that vibe as well. 20 minutes into episode 1 , in fact. I think it's the lighting used and stealthiness and stalking nature Murdock employs. (As well as his "costume") I believe the actor who played Dexter was rumored to be in talks to play DD at one point.

Just finished episode 4.. and I really like D'onofrio's character. Don't know much about Fisk/Kingpin though but they seem to be angling towards making him a somewhat likable figure. Or maybe it's just me. Or maybe be just hasn't done anything absolutely horrible yet.

I can't see Michael C Hall turning a role like this down. What probably happened is casting wanted to go with a younger version to make the fight scenes/timeline more believable. Now, were this 2006 MCH that's a different story! He was super in shape then (remember dem Doakes scenes?)

No matter, when he's got the rag around his eyes he looks just like MCH. Even sounds a little like him too (though not quite as deep).
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject:

at first I was a little worried about Vincent D'onforio portrayal as Kingpin but does he nail it or what later in the series I really like this series different than the Marvel Movies but would love to see these characters eventually incoporated in to Avenger movies
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

this show is pretty good.. episode 8 for me. really cool.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
at first I was a little worried about Vincent D'onforio portrayal as Kingpin but does he nail it or what later in the series I really like this series different than the Marvel Movies but would love to see these characters eventually incoporated in to Avenger movies

Right? It's all the same universe after all. I bet Daredevil could do some real damage in an Iron Man suit. Hook him up, Stark.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Vincent D'onforio's portrayal is definitely interesting. But he seems to be so mentally disturbed that it's almost unbelievable he made it to the top in the first place.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

^^^ It's tough listening to him give some of the "speeches" he gives in public. It's like he's channeling the alien/human character he played in MIB.

The thing that kinda has me worried is that the next couple of shows (Luke Cage , Iron Fist) feature characters with the same type of abilities/characteristics. They are all streetfighters and are basically just regular humans with some advanced traits. I AM excited to see Iron Fist in action though.

My wife and I are thinking of making our son an Iron Fist costume for Halloween. He loves the character, but I told him he isn't going to have a lot of people recognize who the heck he is.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

good show.. just finished. surprised at how good it was.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I was watching it via kodi. I got a email from my ISP ATT 2nd Copyright Infringement Alert
I assume that to be because watching netflix movies on kodi is illegal. I'm watching from my NETFLIX account now.

I'm on the second episode. Enter Rosario Dawson, loved her in Trance. Her full frontal was very stimulating,

I didn't know kodi was considered a pirate site.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
^^^ It's tough listening to him give some of the "speeches" he gives in public. It's like he's channeling the alien/human character he played in MIB.

The thing that kinda has me worried is that the next couple of shows (Luke Cage , Iron Fist) feature characters with the same type of abilities/characteristics. They are all streetfighters and are basically just regular humans with some advanced traits. I AM excited to see Iron Fist in action though.

My wife and I are thinking of making our son an Iron Fist costume for Halloween. He loves the character, but I told him he isn't going to have a lot of people recognize who the heck he is.

Don't let him do it! When I was a kid, I dressed up as Zorro... before the craze. I spent the whole damn night being told that I was a weird looking ninja. still pisses me off!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Daredevil renewed for season two. Guess we will see Vampire Foggy kicking ass with Vampire Karen as Daredevil next year. RIP Matt Murdock.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: