Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Also, who really would go onto a tow site to leave a good review? The only reason people are doing so now is because of this story.

Bingo. I'm surprised that CC wasn't smart enough to figure that out on his own. Though it does explain why he didn't get accepted to those Universities he was desperately trying too.

to*

And FYI:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/district-towing-washington?osq=towing+company

Yelp? Seriously?

Who do you think is going to go to Yelp about a tow yard?

People who were pleased with the service as they were shelling out a few hundred dollars to get their car out of impound?

At any rate, it has no bearing on the way she behaved and the things she said.

(And congratulations, you found a typo. You must feel proud)

Your criticism was that no towing service would have a respectable Yelp ratings; yet there are many counterexamples in the DC area.

I have no problem with her anger. What I take issue with is the way she chose to manifest it. Had she merely sworn then I would be entirely on her side; however, her words reflect a sense of entitlement and smugness.

But I'm also opposed to public shaming internet vigilante campaigns, at least until the entire video is released. Like I said, these sorts of things don't actually accomplish anything productive-- they are just excuses to say the same vile things about a person that you are criticizing that very same person for having done. Rape threats? Really?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Also, who really would go onto a tow site to leave a good review? The only reason people are doing so now is because of this story.

Bingo. I'm surprised that CC wasn't smart enough to figure that out on his own. Though it does explain why he didn't get accepted to those Universities he was desperately trying too.

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

People who were pleased with the service as they were shelling out a few hundred dollars to get their car out of impound?

Your criticism was that no towing service would have a respectable Yelp ratings; yet there are many counterexamples in the DC area.

I have no problem with her anger. What I take issue with is the way she chose to manifest it. Had she merely sworn then I would be entirely on her side; however, her words reflect a sense of entitlement and smugness.

But I'm also opposed to public shaming internet vigilante campaigns, at least until the entire video is released. Like I said, these sorts of things don't actually accomplish anything productive-- they are just excuses to say the same vile things about a person that you are criticizing that very same person for having done. sexual assault threats? Really?

But you're not opposed to saying on an internet forum that you heard rumors that a public figure has AIDS?

Interesting World in which you live.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

I'm saying that Yelp is hardly a good source of such information - as recent events have demonstrated and their history of strong arming business into removing negative reviews.

I wouldn't go resting your argument on Yelp.

Quote:

But I'm also opposed to public shaming internet vigilante campaigns, at least until the entire video is released. Like I said, these sorts of things don't actually accomplish anything productive-- they are just excuses to say the same vile things about a person that you are criticizing that very same person for having done. sexual assault threats? Really?

We are in agreement there.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

But you're not opposed to saying on an internet forum that you heard rumors that a public figure has AIDS?

?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

?

There's a thread in the lounge asking whether A.C. Green is sick since he's so thin. I made a rather tasteless joke that I heard it was AIDS. (Since he's a virgin/abstinence proponent, that's almost impossible.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

I'm saying that Yelp is hardly a good source of such information - as recent events have demonstrated and their history of strong arming business into removing negative reviews.

Quote:

What's the disagreement then? I'll qualify an earlier statement I made-- depending on the full video, the attendant may very well have deserved to have been yelled at, but not over appearance.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

Quote:

What's the disagreement then? I'll qualify an earlier statement I made-- depending on the full video, the attendant may very well have deserved to have been yelled at, but not over appearance.

Or any of the other things she was derided for. Like her (assumed) lack of education, lot in life, dental practices . . .
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

to*

And FYI:

Yelp? Seriously?

Quote:

Or any of the other things she was derided for. Like her (assumed) lack of education, lot in life, dental practices . . .

Sure. Those have nothing to do with the supposed injustice.

My issue lies with people automatically assuming the clerk is some sort of innocent victim. There doesn't need to be a good guy in this scenario. They can both be scum.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

damn she is hot. Let her off with a warning.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

I see nothing wrong with her doing this company does predatory practices.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

If that's actually the case, then she shouldn't have proven herself to be an even lesser person by being the equivalent of a female douchebag.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

Then she could yell at her about predatory practices. But she went way beyond that.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

What the hell! They are a tow company for godsakes. They are all pirates in the employ of various goverments and private concerns. At one time or another it's gonna be your turn in the barrel. You can either handle it with a, bit of class or you can show your ass. Choice is up to you.

For example I had a motorcycle stolen some years ago. I was notified by the local PD that they had found it and had it towed and I could pick it up at the local impound yard. It was brought in after their office was closed around 10 pm or so. Bright and early the next morning I went to pick it up and they charged me for 2 days storage even though it had only been there about 10 hours. So what am I gonna do take it out in the clerk or just pay to get it out. You pay you leave and go on your way unless of course you are an (bleep).
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject:

If I was a skinny, blonde, female sports reporter for espn that is skating by mostly on my looks, I would not be talking smack with a lady that works at a tow truck company. Luckily the worker was a professional and took the abuse in stride (seemingly).

I think its silly when people get mad at attendants, especially when they are in the wrong, just for doing their jobs. I understand that the lady who gives me street sweeping tickets every few months isn't doing anything malicious, its my own dumb fault for hitting snooze instead of following the clearly posted rules
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
damn she is hot. Let her off with a warning.

True, but she's a stuck up C-word though. Should have suspended her for more than a week too. She only "apologized" because she got caught.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

Then why is she berating an employee and not the company?

No one likes getting tickets, it's annoying, be annoyed, but she went way too far.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Why is this news?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject:

She could abuse me anytime!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

I don't really get all the "hot" comments. She's not that good looking. And no I'm not making a "pointy elbows" opinion, I really see better looking women than her in my part of L.A. everyday. She's a 7 on an L.A. scale and would probably look better in an apron. Not made for TV. Different taste I guess.

And that video is pretty heavily edited. I'm sure the attendant isn't innocent either. She insulted the blonde's roots. Anyone who's ever had a girlfriend in their life knows not to insult a girl's hair.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I don't really get all the "hot" comments. She's not that good looking. And no I'm not making a "pointy elbows" opinion, I really see better looking women than her in my part of L.A. everyday. She's a 7 on an L.A. scale and would probably look better in an apron. Not made for TV. Different taste I guess.

And that video is pretty heavily edited. I'm sure the attendant isn't innocent either. She insulted the blonde's roots. Anyone who's ever had a girlfriend in their life knows not to insult a girl's hair.

She's maybe an LA 6.5 (Westside and South Bay 6, Valley 7), but she's probably a Beltway 9 ...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Just saw a pic of her. 😍. Not the hottest sideline reporter...but she's up there
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

The fact that she's bragging about her Journalism degree is laughable. She probably didn't touch any hard courses her entire time at college.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Can you imagine if a prominent athlete said this? ESPN wouldn't be able to stop talking about this. But whenever it's one of their own, they just quietly sweep it under the rug. Lol.
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just saw a pic of her. 😍. Not the hottest sideline reporter...but she's up there

These days slim+ makeup=hot
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject:

I would usually be the last person to defend a stuck up barbie wannabe but there's a good chance that towing company deserved some insults and large number of people criticizing her likely would have had some choice words for them too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: