It's Spending Time (Updated w/new Cap Projections)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure Sac is going to take one of the two euros. I'm not trying to say that Vlade has some kind of bias towards Euros but, they might be the best players available at that spot. Hinozsa might be the best euro shooting guard since Drazen Petrovic. It is well documented that he was a good friend of Vlade. The 7-1 guy (forgot name) might be the best player in the whole draft when it's all said and done. But, I wonder if Sac would trade us #6 for Randle, #28 and #34? Randle might remind him of CWebb. I doubt Sac would do it but just saying, I would take either one of those Euros.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I would take Randle over either of them. I am glad the FO is better at recognizing what they have than the fans.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Btw the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song started playing in my head when I read that title.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with signing Danny Green to a fat contract. At 28, he is still young, is a great shooter, great defender and has championship experience.

Because Green is a system player. Before he arrived in San Antonio he couldn't even get off the bench in Cleveland.

How good would he be defensively if he didn't have Duncan and Leonard who are two elite defenders backing him up?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
5 years 150m to Rondo, 5 years 150m to Love, call it an offseason.

Call it the worst possible offseason in franchise history is more like it.

Getting nothing this offseason is a thousand times better than signing a shell of his former self and a flawed player to Max deals yo.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Called it, crash and burn...

Horrible
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Spending Time

kikanga wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Another Kevin Ding article. At least Kupchak gets it.

"You really have to change the way you think about valuing players," Kupchak said. "A player today who is a $5 million player may be a $9 million player just a year from now. And that could be hard for a lot of people to wrap their arms around."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2434145-after-saving-resources-and-gathering-losses-lakers-need-to-spend-big-and-soon

Sounds like something a GM would say before spending heavy on Rondo or Love.

*Gulp

Lol. That's right.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Getting nothing this offseason is a thousand times better than signing a shell of his former self and a flawed player to Max deals yo.

Completely agree. Heard this rumor on Mason and Ireland today where Jalen Rose believes both will be a Laker. I almost had to pull over, but I was able to swallow my puke.

People are simply playing fantasy sports signing and trading NAMES, instead of really analyzing the state of their current play. Love is a big man who shoots in the low 40's cause all he does is shoot jumpers. Cannot defend and has been exposed and benched in the 4th quarter by Cleveland. Kobe just came off a season shooting in the mid 30's. Think about that! The worst player in the NBA shoots better than that. Rondo shoots in the mid 30's, but that's at the foul line. Think about that as well!!!! This would probably go down in history as the worst BIG 3 ever. It's time to think of the future, and stop building around Kobe. So sorry Mamba, no Rondo for you!
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

If the FO din't learn from the Steve Nash mistake they don't deserve to have job. having said that, I think most of the media mouths are just assuming that Rondo will sign here.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need talent.
I don't think its a bad thing at all they go in as spenders. So long as they remember that they are likely still years away from being a contender.

The concern is that the Lakers need to remember that there's certain players a in any system, any CBA, any situation who would get max money.

Those players were available last year such as LBJ, Melo, etc.

This year. It's very strong in terms of support talent, but there's no Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook. The one guy who is a max player is Aldridge and we likely have an outsiders shot at him. I'd pay him 80-100 million because he's a proven top 2 option on a contender and one of the toughest defensive assignments in the league

Imo even if the CBA has changed, Mitch should approach the money cautiously. You don't pay someone like Rondo or Dragic superstar money. You won't win a ring with a team where you have guys like that making 15-17 million a year. Don't care what CBA it is, you don't pay guys who are 3rd options on contenders, top 2 money.

If I'm Mitch I look at the players who are still bargains - guys that fit in roles we need on this roster. We need

#1 option
#2 option
Defensive anchor
Point guard
3 point shooting threat who can start/play big minutes

You don't pay 15-17 million to a guy who can't be a 1 or 2 option on a championship team. Such as Rondo or Dragic or even Love. You keep that money in place for a player down the road.

The * in all of that is what Randle can be for us and what the draft pick this year will be for us down the road. They could fill In some of those needs. But we won't know that until at least 2 years from now. So spend, but do so with the intention of building a great team. Not just a team that can squeak into the playoffs possibly by overpaying good players. I want to see us go for players that fit in roles longterm. Guys that will peak with Randle/2015 draft pick 2-3 years from now. Not guys who'll be declining when our lottery picks are starting to show (hopefully) that they can be reliable starters on a contender.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: It's Spending Time

22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Another Kevin Ding article. At least Kupchak gets it.

"You really have to change the way you think about valuing players," Kupchak said. "A player today who is a $5 million player may be a $9 million player just a year from now. And that could be hard for a lot of people to wrap their arms around."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2434145-after-saving-resources-and-gathering-losses-lakers-need-to-spend-big-and-soon

Preparing the fandom before offering a $15.5M contract to Khris Middleton

The fact that the cap will next year will affect this year's bargaining. Players are either going to demand fat contracts this summer or only agree to sign one-year deals; if I was a free agent this summer, I certainly wouldn't sign a long-term deal knowing that I could sign a much larger contract next summer.

So, yes, I could see the Lakers offering a large contract to a mid-level talent that complements the players that they already have; next year they have the money to sign two more free agents. Those three free agent signings, with Clarkson, Randle, the top-five draft pick this year (hopefully) and the further development of Black gives the Lakers a solid core.

--Anonymous
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
This might upset those who support the punt or build through the draft.

other then 1 poster nobody supports a full blow philly style rebuild
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Ah but could you imagine the piss and moan threads? Glorious.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
This might upset those who support the punt or build through the draft.

other then 1 poster nobody supports a full blow philly style rebuild

I do. I love watching young players develop.
Randle, Clarkson, pick this year, and we're garunteed another pick in the next two years 16' Summer or 17' summer. That will be enough Philly style tanking. That 4 could be an amazing core of all stars and fringe all stars that could compete for the next 10 years. Only need to sacrifice two more seasons to have maybe the best young core in the league. Lol I'm down
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Ah but could you imagine the piss and moan threads? Glorious.

...you just want to watch the world burn don't you?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
People have been putting down my Danny Green type 4years/48million dollar and Tyson Chandler 3years/36million contract proposals. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Honestly I was thinking Green at 4 yrs 36 million, but you could very well be right?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
scoobs wrote:
People have been putting down my Danny Green type 4years/48million dollar and Tyson Chandler 3years/36million contract proposals. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Honestly I was thinking Green at 4 yrs 36 million, but you could very well be right?

You want him at 9mil? 12 mil becomes comparable to 9mil after the cap raises
He would bring MUCH needed shooting, and they say he's a good defender. Great pick up
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
scoobs wrote:

He would bring MUCH needed shooting, and they say he's a good defender. Great pick up

He's a fine player, but I can't see this management (cough cough Jeannie) team being content with just adding a "fine player". They want names, they want flash.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
scoobs wrote:

He's a fine player, but I can't see this management (cough cough Jeannie) team being content with just adding a "fine player". They want names, they want flash.

We need to add peices, every year. Young peices are preffered, Danny is that and plays an important role.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Rondo/Clarkson
Kobe/Swaggy
Wes/Rondae Jefferson #27 pick
Love/Randle
Towns/Davis

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
scoobs wrote:

We need to add peices, every year. Young peices are preffered, Danny is that and plays an important role.

It's a role that may not exist here. Corner 3's, typically off ball movement? Byron couldn't care less.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

You're being over dramatic.

Getting nothing would only be around 800 times better than signing Love and Rondo to 5 yr 150 mil contracts.

Though on the bright side, I dont believe such deals are allowed.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Question: is this article implying that the lakers are gonna go all in this summer?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

31 million in capspace?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
31 million in capspace?

22-25 max
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: