Can we just start the new season already!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Can we just start the new season already!

I am actually getting a bit burned out on trying to predict the free agents, the draft and the Lakers roster next year. Does it even matter?

Just give me 10 healthy players from this year and add five new ones. Any combination will do. Lets face it anything the Lakers do will be an upgrade at this point.

Any three draft picks will improve the team. Add a couple of decent free agents makes them better. Keep about 8-10 healthy bodies to maintain some player chemistry and the Lakers are 20 games better IMO.

Obviously I probably need to take a break form the Lakers situation and just enjoy the Playoffs. Sadly, just not the same without the Lakers in them.

And what am I going to do if I do not keep up on the latest discussions around here...actually get some work done.

Sorry no real questions here, just venting !
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Yeah. I just want to fast forward to the lottery, draft night and then the season opener. Can't wait to see a decent team on the court again
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

In the words of the great Prince,

Quote:
This is what it feels when doves cry

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

Who even cares about the teams currently in the playoffs maybe 3 people come on
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Yeah. I just want to fast forward to the lottery, draft night and then the season opener. Can't wait to see a decent team on the court again

I'm so excited for draft lottery night it either be fantastic or a total disaster the anticipation is killing me. This draft is huge for the future of this franchise.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

The Lakers did start a new season. It's called "the off-season." And it should prove to be even more interesting than the past 6 months or so. Get some popcorn, grab a seat on the couch and enjoy!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
The Lakers did start a new season. It's called "the off-season." And it should prove to be even more interesting than the past 6 months or so. Get some popcorn, grab a seat on the couch and enjoy!

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

I am excited for the draft too. But does it really matter who they choose. Unless they screw it up by choosing the next Milicic or Beasley it will not matter.

The Lakers have so many holes. We may have our favorites but does it really matter if the choose a center, PG or SF with the top pick. And with #28 and #34 there are a dozen players that arguably will add to the team no matter who they choose first. Or they may trade them all away.

Just as confounding is free agency. Again we all have our preferences but does it matter if they go all in for a marquee player or select second tier free agents. Any addition is an upgrade.

Lakers are in a position that just about any scenario has its positive points. Just a matter of which one the front office decides to follow. I am just impatient to see which variable they choose to rebuild.

Then comment on why I love/hate it of course!

As for the ongoing playoffs. There are and will be some great matchups and basketball being played. I will watch it. Basketball season does not stop until the Champion is crowned. Just not the same w/o the Lakers in the conversation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

Can you imagine how much more Kobe/Randle want the next season to start?
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

The offseason is probably gonna be pretty boring.

I don't see any free agents worth throwing max money at other than DeAndre Jordan or Draymond Green.

Gonna be tough to pry either away from their respective teams.

Other than that it's a pretty weak free agent class.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

The draft def matters to me. I care what players we get because I have favorites. I really like D'angelo Russell's game and I would love to watch him play out his career in Los Angeles. I also really like rondae Hollis-Jefferson with the Houston pick.

Randle
Hollis-Jefferson
Russell/clarkson

Would be a nice core to move forward with
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
The draft def matters to me. I care what players we get because I have favorites. I really like D'angelo Russell's game and I would love to watch him play out his career in Los Angeles. I also really like rondae Hollis-Jefferson with the Houston pick.

Randle
Hollis-Jefferson
Russell/clarkson

Would be a nice core to move forward with

Most def. And you have 23m in cap space too? Shoot.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:

I don't see any free agents worth throwing max money at other than DeAndre Jordan or Draymond Green.

Deandre Jordan I agree with you...Max for Draymond I would not do his stats and production are inflated because of the system he plays in. We have to be careful not to fall in love with players from teams like the suns and warriors because for how nice there stats look when you put them on a team that doesn't play that way they are not the same. Another name that comes to mind is Dragic if he gets a max deal I will feel bad for the team that gives it to him he was not even better than Clarkson or Lin the last couple months of the season.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

I am a huge fan of Deandre Jordan. His only weakness being his FT shooting. He is young, plays with heart and energy and wants to become better. He is an ideal 5 in modern NBA paired with a stretch 4. He runs the floor, he hustles for rebounds, sets great screen and throws everything down at the rim no finesse! Doesn't complain or care if he has offense ran through him which is crucial he just wants to get rebounds, blocks and be great at defense.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Max for Draymond I would not do his stats and production are inflated because of the system he plays in.

Who cares about his stats. It's his defense and versatility! I'd definitely give him the max, especially considering it's not a true max (he's coming off his rookie K) and not to mention a year later there's the salary cap rise.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Max for Draymond I would not do his stats and production are inflated because of the system he plays in.

Who cares about his stats. It's his defense and versatility! I'd definitely give him the max, especially considering it's not a true max (he's coming off his rookie K) and not to mention a year later there's the salary cap rise.

Given this team was one of the worst in defense that last two years, yeah we need a player that can be a force on defense.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Given this team was one of the worst in defense that last two years, yeah we need a player that can be a force on defense.

Given the state of the Lakers they need 3 or 4 players that can be a force on Defense. At least!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

He's a force at PF on D. Randle would have to gaurd SFs
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Deandre Jordan I agree with you...Max for Draymond I would not do his stats and production are inflated because of the system he plays in. We have to be careful not to fall in love with players from teams like the suns and warriors because for how nice there stats look when you put them on a team that doesn't play that way they are not the same. Another name that comes to mind is Dragic if he gets a max deal I will feel bad for the team that gives it to him he was not even better than Clarkson or Lin the last couple months of the season.

The Warriors offense isn't like the Suns in any way shape or form. It's more like the Spurs if anything.

Anything Green gives you offensively is a bonus, but defensively he's as good as it gets. That's why I want him. He would massively upgrade a porous defense. He has the ability to guard any position 1-5, terrific low post defender, and his speed and athleticism on the break as well as a passer in the high post would make this offense a lot more fluid.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Given the state of the Lakers they need 3 or 4 players that can be a force on Defense. At least!

A handful of magic beans would be an upgrade over what we had last year. Just give me some actual NBA players and I'll be happy.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

A handful of magic beans would be an upgrade over what we had last year. Just give me some actual NBA players and I'll be happy.

Lakers version of the magic beans are the lotery landing them a top 5 pick and luring just one coveted RFA from their current team this Summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: