Randle ranking among 25&Under Group
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Hasn't played a full regular season game and he's 9th out of all NBA PFs under 25?
I know it's based on projections....but come on!

Kobe-Reloaded is gonna have a field day with this thread.

I more or less have given up.

misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

It is a little crazy to rate him.. he hasn't even played 1 full game as a professional NBA player. However, I would say that if we had a draft based on OP's list, I'd take JR 3rd... ahead of Faried.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Obviously Julius hasn't played yet, but if he stays healthy I think he'll end up being second on the list behind Davis.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I'd rank him 2nd. I've seen what he can do. This was in the preseason against the Warriors and Draymond Green was guarding him, made a great play. Speights is a good defender and he bounced off Randle. He's going to be a problem in the league, too quick and powerful.

Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I'd rank him 2nd. I've seen what he can do. This was in the preseason against the Warriors and Draymond Green was guarding him, made a great play. Speights is a good defender and he bounced off Randle. He's going to be a problem in the league, too quick and powerful.

Of course you would.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

19 year old Randel moving grown men. He's going to be strong.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Of course you would.

I stopped reading at "preseason".
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Of course you would.

Then don't get hyped on any college players..
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

Tough to rank him anywhere. Nothing to base it on but college and preseason - which doesn't always translate to the NBA.

Very excited to watch him develop. Think he could be as high as #2 on that list. If he is ever considered #1 over AD on that list than Mitch should get a raise
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

I can't wait to watch the randle critics come crawling to his bandwagon next season. Same way everyone jumped on the clarkson bandwagon by the end of the year. Anyone who followed clarkson last summer knew he was going to be good just like we know randle will be.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject:

I'd reserve any judgment on Randle till I actually see him play an NBA game, for now he is still an unknown prospect that doesn't deserve to be on any top 10 NBA list.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc

Last edited by Andre2K on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
This is what I mean by "ONLY ON LG".

Seriously, I haven't taken shots at people who thump Randle lately ...

But #9 after 13 minutes of regular season play...

Because people hype up Randle it gets underneath you skin that much? Do you know how idiotic that sounds. This is a fanbase, hyping up players is one of the things that happens. It's ridiculous that it should even concern you that much considering that it doesn't harm anyone to have some expectations about a player.

Hype is one thing... delusional is another. Put it this way, anything less than 20/10 and a spot on the All Star Team and All-NBA 2nd Team from Randle will be a disappointment.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
This is what I mean by "ONLY ON LG".

Seriously, I haven't taken shots at people who thump Randle lately ...

But #9 after 13 minutes of regular season play...

Because people hype up Randle it gets underneath you skin that much? Do you know how idiotic that sounds. This is a fanbase, hyping up players is one of the things that happens. It's ridiculous that it should even concern you that much considering that it doesn't harm anyone to have some expectations about a player.

Hype is one thing... delusional is another. Put it this way, anything less than 20/10 and a spot on the All Star Team and All-NBA 2nd Team from Randle will be a disappointment.

Fans are fans. And nothing excites fans like the thrill of the unknown. When he was drafted, he was a probable all-star. By sitting out the season, he became the franchise player. If he sits out next season, he'll be on the GOAT short list.

Eventually, he'll shift from four highlight clips played over and over to a real player. Like most rookies, I expect him to start slowly and struggle at first. That will make a lot of people angry and frustrated. Then we'll see how he adjusts to the day-to-day play, and to being studied and adjusted to.

I've liked some of the skills I've seen him display in the highlight film clips, but I've also seen some causes for concern in the non-highlight film clips.

But for now if people want to declare him the second best PF in the NBA, it doesn't hurt anyone or mean anything -- just Internet board chatter that will soon he forgotten when the real stuff happens.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

This is ridiculous.

Randle has done nothing yet and you put him in the top 10? How about the players coming out this year?

Let's talk in a few years.

I hate to say it but I can easily say that Randle is going to be a bust. He will not be productive and be out of the league in a few years.

No one knows how he will perform.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject:

This fan base ridiculous.

It took this team years to have a great young prospect that could potentially be our next franchise player.

Now because some fans get excited about that and get called delusional.

No wonder everyone hates us so much.

If Randle wins rookie of the year (if he's eligible) people will say it's just one year and not to get too excited.

Absurd.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

Some people would rather not get their hopes up and then be pleasantly surprised if ends up being a good player.

Others see something in him and hype him up because they think he will succeed, and want to be able to say "I told you so" if/when he turns out to be good.

That's what it all boils down to. I think everyone here wants him to succeed, and if you don't then you're a pretty crappy fan. But regardless, none of this talk really matters right now, so just let people say what they want to say and don't attack anyone or call them delusional just because their opinion is different than yours. All it does is make this place less fun to post at.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:

It took this team years to have a great young prospect that could potentially be our next franchise player.

If Randle wins rookie of the year (if he's eligible) people will say it's just one year and not to get too excited.

Absurd.

The way Laker fans are proclaiming Randle a top 10 under 25 whatever player after playing 13 minutes and breaking his leg is why "everyone hates us so much".

Thanks and have a great day!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Absurd.

The way Laker fans are proclaiming Randle a top 10 under 25 whatever player after playing 13 minutes and breaking his leg is why "everyone hates us so much".

Thanks and have a great day!

No, everyone hates us so much because we have 16 championships and 5 in the last 15 years.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

You can be objective without becoming insufferable, its really not that hard. Randle in his limited "meaningless" minutes showed a skillset that is very rare for someone his size, so if people wanna get excited, let them be excited, I dont understand what benefit raining on their parade brings to you or them. Some may be proven right and some may be proven wrong, and neither of the groups lives will be altered in any meaningful way, so who really cares?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Obviously Julius hasn't played yet, but if he stays healthy I think he'll end up being second on the list behind Davis.

Same. With potential to be number one if he winds up as an elite defender too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Of course you would.

Then don't get hyped on any college players..

Exactly. In fact, some of the same posters in here mocking us for having high projections on Randle ARE THE SAME ONES telling us we should get Mudiay because of what he did playing against GROWN MEN in China

But that's none of my business.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
You can be objective without becoming insufferable, its really not that hard. Randle in his limited "meaningless" minutes showed a skillset that is very rare for someone his size, so if people wanna get excited, let them be excited, I dont understand what benefit raining on their parade brings to you or them. Some may be proven right and some may be proven wrong, and neither of the groups lives will be altered in any meaningful way, so who really cares?

This should be stickied
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
22 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

I think we all know what the "***" in your screen name stands for
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

So he's gong to be the best player in the NBA? Because AD is going to be that in the very near future.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: